The New and Still Luved by ALL MD Prep program

TheFan

The New and Still Luved by ALL MD Prep program

Postby TheFan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:45 am

MD has 22 players that have D1 offers between their juniors and senior class. Three star or better

Of the 22, I need some help with this, how many did not start out as freshman at MD

Here is what I have been able to sort through. Please help me clarify or add to the list.

Ricks, Jr, from I.E..need more detail
Epps, Jr, from Simi Valley...need more detail
Young, Junior, Cathedral
Alefosio, Jr, Corona Cent, LB
Washington, jr, Houston
Marks, Jr, LB
McCoy,Sr, Poly
Funa, Sr, Utah
Criddel, Sr, Ranch Cuy
Dollars, Sr, Ranch Cuy
Dixon, Sr, Roosie/Corona
Ware-Hudson, Sr,Vista Mur
Bennett, Sr,Sacremento, ....where MD practiced for State game
Fualalo- Sr,Catherdral
Harper Sr, North LB...help me where he started out
Gardner,Sr, OLU
Dubar, Sr, JSerra

Please help fill in their previous playing locations if mine are wrong, but first draft, I am sitting on 17/22...

Thanks for the help in advance

BTW Tony, this is what SF will never publish in a straight forward way.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: The New and Still Luved by ALL MD Prep program

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Geewhaddyaknow. A thread about people transfering to Mater Dei.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Hey I like this, start a thread with all the transfer crapola and then let us all keep it here..... seems the last month every thread is hijacked by the subject taking away from other great things going on in the game.

That said, as this appeared so did another tweet by the Sondmeister whom is really tearing it of late on transfers. Here is one of many this week....,
ESondCoachTeachTrans.png

I've spoke much on the subject and have moved on, but I do think the Sondster here brings up something relevant in the case of these "SUPER TEAMS" being built, ones which will rarely lose.

So just how do these young men move forward and handle a more realistic situation at the college level or the pros in which you lose often. Assembling a "Super Team" is an easy way to a result. Yes these are the best at what they do in high school but when they move on the playing field won't always be played that way. Many will not understand or cope with the idea of perseverance. Will kids at MD ever have to play through the "BAD TIMES"?

Just a question, food for thought... #-o

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:06 pm

And thank you for that,The Fan. Looks pretty accurate. Nice work. :thumbsup:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Where did you come up with these.. some are way off... so I'll help you out just to keep everything right .. Theses are the players who have always been at Mater Dei since freshmen

Elias Ricks
Kody Epps
Tai Marks
Bru McCoy
Steele Dubar
Cameron Gardner, was an original MD kid - he left MD after sophomore year, came back to MD
Shakobe Harper

Bryson Washington and Zion Alefosio are no longer at MD.

Jaylin Davies Soph with offers
Raesjon Davis Soph with offers
George Mikkihan, soph with offers

Kids who have left MD with offers
Jojo Forest, OLU/MV
Chris Street, JSerra
Tyler Kinslow, Cententennial
Thomas Kinslow, Centennial

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm

an attempt at a factual list, as a point of reference.

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Sweetness, are the sophs Transfers or started as frosh.

I will add them to the net total, but I am only trying to keep my list to kids on this year that were not original freshman players ...

Mc Coy started out as a frosh?

Sweetness, I will let a few more clarify then update how many were freshman and how many transferred in

Domingo

Postby Domingo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 pm

What a Goddamn JOKE! How many of these kids attended a Catholic elementary school? Not just a local Parochial school, ANY Catholic school anywhere in CA? Is every single player with a D1 offer this year Black or Samoan/Poly? Cue the "racist" charges. Interesting that a school where less than 5% of the entire student body is either Black or Samoan that 80% of the starters this year are Black or Samoan. Mater Dei is the new LB Poly.

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Your point is???

Are these kids eligible to participate by C.I.F rules?

Are these kids eligible to participate by the schools rules?

Are these kids eligible by the Archdiocese rules?

"IF" the answers are YES, then what is your beef???

Domingo

Postby Domingo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 pm

My beef is that this isn't Mater Dei. This is paying for the best players you can possibly recruit. This is IMG. This football team/program for the first time in the school's long and storied history, is not representative of the school and it's traditions and values. That is a very sad but accurate statement. I get it, it's big business now. Look at the $7.2 million dollar stadium Bosco just built with the same strategy. You think Bosco builds that stadium without Jason Negro doing what he's done at SJB? Hell no! You win football games and alumni break open the check books. No difference than what USC is doing at the next level. Let's just call it what it is and what it's not. You good with that?

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I agree Domingo, "Let's just call it what it is". Ok "IT IS" and it has happened and stop all the beefing. Because we are where we are in the "new era" as i like to name it, I do not need to rant, complain, beef about it and actually I am now more curious about it and the list of names and where they came from I find somewhat interesting to note.

I will say I would be happy to keep the subject locked in this thread forever and stop the other threads from all converting from their original topics back into al of this..... #BEEF

templar83

Postby templar83 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Domingo wrote:Source of the post Interesting that a school where less than 5% of the entire student body is either Black or Samoan that 80% of the starters this year are Black or Samoan. Mater Dei is the new LB Poly.

LB Poly's entire student body is less than 5% Black or Samoan? I did not know that....

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Folks help me make the list accurate.

Bosco's list is similar, but they are in not in OC...They have 23 D1 prospects

SK, What is going on is not HSFB it is prep school football. Why any Public school would play them does not make sense. CDM has three D1 prospects, maybe four or five down the road and they would get blow out by 100 if Rollo did not take his foot off the gas. Who in their right mind thinks this is good for HSFB? Its a cancer and folks will never stop talking about it.

A new turf field and some re-model ,Bosco spends 2m. 5m should have gone towards Education for the mass.
Bosco drops 7.2m, and still can afford to sponsor D1 athletes. Insane, I know if I was Negro I would be asking for a raise if they have that much money.

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm

I'm absolutely OK with it, I'd like to know where was the outrage when Bosco a constant 3rd or 4th place team in the Trinity went on to win the state, and kick MD a-- ( do you really it was with "local" Bellflower kids?
Ask Poly how things are looking lately!
Everyone was so happy that MD was no longer the 800 pound gorilla that while they we rejoicing Bosco became the Bosco/Poly/Lakewood traveling team!
So no one says boo while Bosco builds up because of the hate for MD
Did anyone really think that MD was just going to sit by while Bosco really became the IMG west coast first?
Now everybody is pissed because MD went into over drive and does it quicker and better and is back on top.
Be careful what you wish for, everyone wanted MD to fail and Bosco showed the way , but in doing so they tweeked the gorilla and now the gorilla is looking for revenge.
In fact if MD could stable more than 22 guys they would
It's hard to keep 30 kids and their parents happy when only 22 play!!!

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:21 pm

@TheFan I am on your side in opinion for the most part I just have ceded for the moment in my critique so to not ruin what else I find good in the sport. Yes we are at such an extreme now that I find it less interesting really. I agree with you again that at this time a public school has little chance to compete in such an arena. So I have drawn the line at what I see as a reality and try and look at the competition factor in the division or level in which a team plays.

Private school, Trinity or whatever you want to call it, it is another game. Period. For the meantime and maybe forever schools like CDM will just have to for the most part get better from within. Imagine if this present CDM team with those 3, 4 or 5 D1 kids could simply go out and recruit, afford parents from all over the southland to come play for this great athletic program? Imagine! Sometimes I do, where do we post an add for two 320 lb lineman needed!

Yet that will never happen so I refuse to let all the new era shenanigans ruin my football season. In fact knowing all these realities, these limitations, it makes it even more sweet to compete all summer and watch our kids not only succeed but win at these 7v7 tournaments and have players chosen as the best at USC and UCLA Elite Camps.

So ya @TheFan, our 3 or 4 D1 guys are not going to beat your 23 D1 guys. Nothing special in that analogy. What is really most important here for 99% of all these players is what they get out of this for life. It is how they carry on after football. How many are really making the NFL? Most all of them will have to fall back on what they got out of high school and eventually college. So in this hyped up game and world we live in, I hope these D1 kids get their scholarships and do well at school because for most school will be all you got. Don't waste it.

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:28 pm

TheFan wrote:Sweetness, are the sophs Transfers or started as frosh.

I will add them to the net total, but I am only trying to keep my list to kids on this year that were not original freshman players ...

Mc Coy started out as a frosh?

Sweetness, I will let a few more clarify then update how many were freshman and how many transferred in

Yes, McCoy has been at MD as freshman. That should be common knowledge, he's too high profile not to know that info. Im just trying to figure out what gave you the impression, Harper, McCoy, Dubar, Ricks, Epps and Gardner weren't at MD as freshmen??? If you follow the scene I think everyone knows that..

Jaylin Davies
Raesjon Davis
George Mikkihan

will be sophomores this season..and have also been at MD since their freshman year.

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Sweetness, thanks for the update. The confusion is when you look up kids it will say their hometown. The intent is for the list to be accurate.
Any D1 kids that were not freshman at Md that I missed ?

BoscoBandWagon

Postby BoscoBandWagon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 pm

The new bosco stadium final cost are about 7.2Million.
The stadium is called the Brian Panish Stadium. They have a commitment contract from him for
$2 million start up and $1million the next 3 years, Other monies was funded by other wealthy alumni.
The school did not just fork over 7.2million cash for the project. This stadium has been talked about for many years. Now if Bosco was a trinity bottom dweller you are corrected it probably would not have gotten done.

Yes Negro and Bosco changed the game 8 years ago when he came in. He had very good coaches and were able to attract some good young players. But lets look at some of those guys.
Damian Mama (OL-Cowboys) Came in after his freshman season from the IE. Did not start as a sophomore was a reserve offensive lineman.
Malik Dorton (DL-USC) Came in as a sophomore. Played JV WR when he first came in, in before the coaching staff convinced him to move to DE/OLB.
Leniu, Wadood and Hale were 3 players from Lakewood that came in after their sophomore year with ZERO offers between them. I still know ZERO players that transfered from POLY.
The only kid that people talk about is Goforth but when he left Bosco he went to Warrenm didn't even go to Poly.
Fields, and some other kids I cant remember their names were transfer's without offers.
Woodbey came in with offers, as well as the Servite 3 from this year. Besides that I cant think of any other kids transfered into Bosco with offers already in hand.

From what I understand (don't kill me MD fans) the problem in the football community with the MD recent transfers are these are elite national players being brought it.
Dollars, Criddell, Washington (We left but thats another story), the Sac kid, Huffman-Dixon are all-american national recruit kids. MD had 6 players represent MD at the opening but 3 of them have never even played for MD.
Very few schools from outside the trinity have even had a kid at the opening. MD has 3 kids that they have brought in.
Now I know parents talk and like to elaborate, but many parents and idiots like Armond Hawkins from Ground Zero like to talk and they are not shy about monies being paid for the service of players.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:Source of the post Now I know parents talk and like to elaborate

I think you mean exaggerate, or perhaps embellish, but whichever the case the same type of hyperbole is in the air regarding just about every Trinity league school at the moment. How much is to be believed is subject to debate, but there is certainly smoke coming from that Parochial forest over yonder...

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:47 pm

TheFan wrote:Source of the post Folks help me make the list accurate

You might have asked that before you published your "factual" list :roll:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Return to “High School”