Manafort Trial

Wabash

Re: Manafort Trial

Postby Wabash » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:00 am

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Based on what? Every news outlet following the trial has a different take. What's the basis for your claim that he'll 'walk"?

There are numerous conservative websites claiming the prosecution is getting its ass kicked. QAnon being one of them.

Here is another. Click at your own risk.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clickbait

broman

Postby broman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 am

Gates and Manafort were indicted together. Gates admitted his guilt, Manafort is having his day in court. Anyway, that is at least one more criminal that was involved in the Trump campaign. My speculation is the Manafort case is the message to those in Trumps orbit to come clean.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:25 am

Come clean and accept whatever plea arrangement they're offered. Or not, since Donald's going to pardon all of them, anyway. But IF Manafort's found guilty, the witness tampering pretty much assures that the judge won't show him any leniency on his sentence. On paper.

But I'd think that it would be in Donald's interest to encourage any future indictees to go as quietly as possible, pardons or not.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:33 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Or not, since Donald's going to pardon all of them, anyway.

It seems likely that this is what Manafort's counting on, but I wonder what the political fallout would be if trump pardoned Manafort.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red

Postby Red » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:29 pm

I think on my own. How funny, all the liberals have is, you listen to Hannity or Fox news. Mark my word, Manafort walks.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed the off-topic part

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Manafort's trial, guys. Red's post at least mentioned it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Ok, well then let me mention that this is only Manafort's first trial. He has another trial coming up in D.C.

I think people will find that one a lot more interesting.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Return to “National”