Bosco vs Mater Dei

Domingo

Bosco vs Mater Dei

Postby Domingo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:21 am

There's a reason these two programs are the consensus #1 and #2 teams in the entire country. Need I say more?
Attachments
IMG_7284.jpg
IMG_7235.jpg

MDDad

Re: Bosco vs Mater Dei

Postby MDDad » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:42 am

Domingo wrote:Need I say more?

No, Domingo, you haven't needed to say more for a long time. Your prejudices and offensive implications are clear as a bell.

Buck

Postby Buck » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:26 am

Your right "MD Bagman".... there is nothing to see here but a bunch of student-athletes from the neighborhood...... how dare anyone infer anything else.... or else we all know what you will be labeled

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:31 am

Justifiably so.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:40 am

Domingo, you have a problem with African Americans and Samoans?

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:48 am

I think we should change the name of the league from Trinity to Unity...Jesus died for all his people and was cool enough to make everyone look different...unless they are a republican...then they should go to hell for eternity.

The skirts look nice by the way....very inclusive. LBGTQ...I think I got em all in...hard to keep up...

Domingo

Postby Domingo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:54 am

cruiser wrote:Domingo, you have a problem with African Americans and Samoans?

No problem at all. Mater Dei has always had players of ALL nationalities and backgrounds including fantastic Samoan and African American players. What I have a real problem with is the FACT that these programs are now being operated like D1 College Football Programs which means they are literally paying for the very best football talent they can recruit to the detriment of the local Catholic School kids that built these programs.

Bosco will start ONE player this year that attended a Catholic School K-8. Trent McDuffie went to St. Bonaventure in Huntington Beach. His mom attended Mater Dei. How many starters for Mater Dei this season attended a local Catholic School? I'll patiently await the response to my question.

Thanks Jason Negro and Bruce Rollinson. Thank you for what you've done to this game.

outsider

Postby outsider » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:05 am

So many Heartwarming stories from these teams.
It's like rooting for IBM vs. Microsoft.

The Joyless road to victory.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:19 am

Servite is now in the scramble for the Polys. There’s only so many open spots at Bosco and it also helps to have a Mormon coach!

Buck

Postby Buck » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:03 pm

Servite will have more starters from a SINGLE Catholic grade school than Mercenary dei and the Bellflower Braves of Greater Long Beach COMBINED....... I hate when facts get in the way..... que the personal attacks from MD Bagman, the used car salesman and the other race baiting hyenas.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Boundaries for private schools! If they aren't limited by religion anymore, then they need to be limited by geographical boundaries, like everybody else.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Buck wrote:Source of the post MD Bagman, the used car salesman and the other race baiting hyenas.

Proving once again that in the hierarchy of disagreement name-calling is the most effective strategy...

templar83

Postby templar83 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post If they aren't limited by religion anymore,

When, exactly, were private schools "limited by religion"?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:54 pm

I was wondering the same thing.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 pm

How quickly and conveniently you forget. Do you not remember the programs that used to list the Catholic schools the players came from? Well I do, and I still have tons of them.

Servite didn't do that in the 60's, but the earliest Friar program I have that does, is the 1973 season. In the 1973 programs, Servite had 56 varsity players. All 56 had their pictures in the program, and beneath 54 of them was listed a Catholic elementary school. There was ONE player listed as "Protestant" and ONE listed as "Lutheran."

I believe Domingo mentioned that Mater Dei used to do the same thing. I also know for a fact that St. Paul did so in the 70's also, because I saved the cover pages that showed the first 5, sometimes 6 Swordsmen with their Catholic elementary listed.

Going back to my day, I only remember one non-Catholic student in the entire school...he was Jewish, and he wasn't an athlete.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:44 pm

I have no doubt your bedroom is plastered with old Servite programs, but I fail to see how that supports your statement that private schools were once limited by religion. If they were, how'd that heathen Protestant and ( worse yet ) Lutheran get into Servite I wonder? Maybe a school that excludes by design 50% of the population because of their gender is less open to different faiths, but that is not the case at other Catholic schools.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:53 pm

templar83 wrote:Source of the post but I fail to see how that supports your statement that private schools were once limited by religion.

Perhaps you should see someone about that.

The point is that these schools were founded to allow Catholic students to continue their Catholic education for four more years. There was no law that said they couldn't accept non-Catholics...they just didn't, with rare exceptions. And there weren't that many Catholic high schools around. So the argument against boundaries was that "yeah, we have no boundaries, but we are limited (by choice) to Catholics, and there are a lot of great football players who aren't Catholic."

These schools (including Servite) all now accept students of all religions, and there are many Catholic high schools around now, so that argument no longer is valid. So they need geographical boundaries, just like every other school.
Last edited by Professor Fate on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Notorious

Postby Notorious » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Go Microsoft
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:16 pm

true, but seems MD has drawn more black players to their program since Rollo blew up the program following the 2011 season, more so in the previous 20+ seasons of being HC.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:23 pm

That’s obviously true in the case of both Mater Dei and Bosco but if anyone so much as points out that obvious fact then they are automatically deemed a racist even if they themselves are a member of a minority group and even if the comment is completely neutral (meaning there is no accompanying implication that such fact is positive or a negative). Simply pointing out this obvious fact will cause one to automatically be labeled a racist. Welcome to 2018 and the PC world we all live in now.

Return to “High School”