Laura Ingraham

broman

Laura Ingraham

Postby broman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Wednesday lamented that the “American we know and love doesn’t exist anymore” because of demographic changes in the country that she blamed on illegal and legal immigration.

Ingraham was reacting to comments from Democratic House candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who described in a recent podcast interview the way the country has changed over the past few decades, including the decline of the upper-middle class.

In parts of the country it does seem like the America we know and love doesn’t exist anymore,” Ingraham continued. “Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people. And they’re changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don’t like. “Now much of this is related to both illegal and, in some cases, legal immigration that of course progressives love..

"This is a national emergency, and he must demand that Congress act now. There is something slipping away in this country, and it's not about race or ethnicity. It's what was once a common understanding by both parties that American citizenship is a privilege, and one that at a minimum requires respect for the rule of law and loyalty to our constitution.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/40104 ... emographic

The public reactions range from straight up racism to simply stating facts. My two cents, its been said before by various groups and individual and the all start and end in the same place.

Wabash

Re: Laura Ingraham

Postby Wabash » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:20 pm

I give her credit for being open about her xenophobia.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) had the best response.

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 pm

She's skipping the dog whistle and going straight to the bullhorn to push all the White fright buttons.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 pm

I saw that this morning. I thought it was sickening.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:17 am

Not surprisingly, David Duke came out with a public statement supporting Ingraham's segment.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:28 am

I'll bet she's proud.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:28 pm

So, I guess the White majority should be all giddy and euphoric about becoming just another minority in the country in which they have always been the overwhelming majority?

It's not really all that difficult to understand, now is it?
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Why would they be worried? Unless they fear being treated as they have treated others.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:43 pm

I have no problem with my skin being just another color. I'm already a minority in the town in which I live. It isn't so bad.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 pm

I refer to my street as the UN. There is just about every ethnicity represented.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Here's a paragraph from Victor Davis Hanson, in a 2013 article published in The National Review, entitled "Obama: Transforming America."

Under Obama, illegal immigration has become a political if not a racially charged issue. Supporters of blanket amnesty saw an evolving demographic process of fundamentally transforming the electorate of the American Southwest, resonating with Obama’s own unfortunate lead, as in his advice to Latinos to “punish our enemies.” Perhaps this vision was best summarized by ACORN’s former CEO, Bertha Lewis. She recently urged African-Americans to support increased immigration on the following rationale: “We got some Latino cousins, we got some Asian cousins, we got some Native-American cousins, we got all kind of cousins. . . . Cousins need to get together, because if we’re going to be [part of the non-white] majority, it makes sense for black people in this country to get down with immigration reform. . . . Everyone, even all white folks in this country, acknowledge that in a minute, [the] United States of America will be a new majority, will be majority minority, a brand-new thing. . . . For the first time ever in history, African-Americans outvoted white Americans. Pooh. That’s the fear of the white man. That could change everything. That’s why [immigration] should matter to us.”

That is the true racism about which, Ingraham says, whites are upset.

Note to JQP: Here's your opening to call me a racist, xenophobe, that you can add to calling me a liar and a cheat last night.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 pm

And the point being what? As I have pointed out. We have accepted numerous groups on a non-quota basis. Many of them fleeing circumstance far less worse than what is not being seen in those asking for asylum now. Yet this current group is considered criminal.

Hanson sounds like just another entitled white person who fears being treated in the same way white people have treated minorities since the settlers landed at Jamestown.

Racism implies power. Minorities wield that type of control in much fewer places than the other way around.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Wabash wrote:Source of the post
Racism implies power.

No it doesn't. You can be powerless and still have racist attitudes.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Here's a paragraph from Victor Davis Hanson, in a 2013 article published in The National Review, entitled "Obama: Transforming America."

[blockquote]Under Obama, illegal immigration has become a political if not a racially charged issue..

Bull spit. It has always been a racially charged issue. VDH saw an opening to blame it on a Black man.

He's been whining for years about the loss of White supremacy in the United States.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Given her numerous statements in the past. No one is confused by what she meant.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Professor Fate wrote:No it doesn't.

It actually does in order to have any meaning.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post You can be powerless and still have racist attitudes.

You can't dispute this.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Which has nothing to do with Ingraham's remarks. Her backpedaling is of Olympic caliber.

Return to “National”