You too can vote on the new Space Force logo! Maybe.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

You too can vote on the new Space Force logo! Maybe.

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Apparently Mike Pence sent an email to "supporters" inviting them to vote on which of these six logos they want for Donald's Space Force. But I'm not a supporter, so I have no idea how to vote. Maybe they have a booth at his stand-up appearances.

Some people are saying they all look like rejected Tomorrowland logos, I think they all look like they were designed by Hanna-Barbera. Except for the first one, which they stole from NASA.

Here they are, take your unofficial pick.

spaceforce logos.jpg

I like these better.

space force alien.jpg

space.jpg

spaceforce starfleet command.png

Or... they could go with the one we already have. Morons.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Re: You too can vote on the new Space Force logo! Maybe.

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 am

Some of them look so comically bad. They look like they have been cooked up for the latest remake of Total Recall.

One wonders why Pence was given this task. At least I wonder given Trump's proclivity for publicity.
Attachments
38811536_2068357553198610_7373746183308574720_n.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Those six are absolutely dreadful.

But of course they are. Situation normal.

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

I wore this for 8 years ... should have seen the designs that were submitted. We got to choose it, the people wearing it. Funny thing is I don't remember anyone complaining about a patch design, we just wore it with pride and did the job. Public shouldn't vote on it. They don't wear the patch, the pros do, let them decide.

BTW - Morons huh? Do you or Mr. Fallows even understand basic military organizational structure? Now I'm just talking from a US military point of view, not Starfleet, I deal in reality. A "command" and "force" are different entities. There are commands within a force. I've served in multiple Commands in the Air Force and Army. Space Command is component of the Air Force. It's not it's own service. When it becomes USSF it will have commands within it. Pretty simple stuff.
Attachments
us-air-force-space-command-subded-3-patch-1.jpg
us-air-force-space-command-subded-3-patch-1.jpg (15.74 KiB) Viewed 195 times
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 am

That's awesome, thanks for your service. Totally agree with you on letting the folks who wear the patch vote on it and not the public (ask the Brits about Boaty McBoatface).

Thanks for the info on Force vs. Command, I didn't know that having never served in the military. That being said, I see no need for an entire force with separate commands for our military space operations. As far as I know, this Space Force is solely out of Donald's head. I don't believe any military or defense advisers recommended it, and as soon as Donald's gone, so is the call for a Space Force.

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am

Each battlespace has its own set of limitations that have to be addressed my specialized forces. Many people were against the Air Force breaking off from the Army in 1947. Think of the Space Force/Air Force relationship as the Navy/Coast Guard one. The Air Force will basically be the "coast guard" (the coast being the lower atmosphere) and the Space Force being able to deploy and fight abroad (Space). The Space Force was actually an idea in the 60's as the space race got going but never got any traction. They identified, correctly, the battlespace that was being opened up. Now it's wide open ...
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am

Zebra wrote:Source of the post Do you or Mr. Fallows even understand basic military organizational structure?

Why yes, matter of fact. I also have some experience with that.

I don't know if Don's aware, but there's a little matter of a Kennedy-era treaty covering the militarization of space that might have to be broken, depending on where he goes with this thing.

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks for your service JQP. Okay, you have experience, do you have an understanding? If so, how can you agree with Mr. Fallows about the new "command". I had experience playing and coaching football but did I understand the rules as well as a referee, no. Not many coaches do. Different things and it's okay. You were probably really good at your MOS.

Sorry to say sooner or later space being off limits is going to be moot, it's the progression of warfare that will lead it there. It's a battlespace by definition and must be prepared for either by conventional forces or future forces. GPS used to be a military entity, there's military sats, and there was a day when almost every damn astronaut, cosmonaut and chinese-naut are or used to be military ... Space is militarized already and always has been.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 am

My point is that if we're going to have a "space force," it should be spun off like the Air Force was, not created from scratch.

And I still say the logos are all pretty cheesy, especially when you compare them to the other branches' logos. They look like fender decals from a '73 Pacer.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:31 am

Zebra wrote:Source of the post Space is militarized already and always has been.

That makes me sad.

Operating in space is so difficult, I believe the only way humans can really get it right is to work together, as humanity. Not nations or even individuals. It's the ultimate team sport. The International Space Station is a good example, no single country could have pulled that off.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 am

Sadly this wouldn't surprise anyone if it were true.
Attachments
Space Force.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 am

crayegg wrote:As far as I know, this Space Force is solely out of Donald's head.

Well, maybe not his head. Not much of substance comes out of that end.

And JQP, as I've said once or twice before and will continue to say until I'm proven wrong, Trump thinks, writes, speaks and acts out like a child. Everything he does and says is classic behavior for a pre-adolescent. Therefore, it's not surprising that the proposed patches look like something from a Saturday morning cartoon show.

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:01 pm

As usual, Wabash meme bombs .. got anything intelligent to say W? Please, just once ...

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Obviously you have no sense of humor.

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 pm

It is sad Crayegg ... I totally agree but it's the reality.

It only makes sense to spin it off, which is most likely what they will do ... I certainly haven't seen anything on how they are going to do it. But I'll bet my next year's paycheck it's going to get done ...

I agree they are not the best design and I'll even go as far to say none of them will be used, but squad and detachment patches are kind of goofy sometimes also but they are more personal to the teams .. when I was in a tac air squad the patch had a snoopy and red baron theme, they were good for the time. But you guys know Pence or Trump didn't design those ... that's done by professional graphic artists, not them. If it was it would be crayons ... or paint by number. :lol:

I just don't get the "issue" people are having with it. .. --:--

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm

I guess your answer is No .. imagine that

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Lol.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Before we embark on such a venture shouldn't we at least review the biggest black-hole of tax dollars in the Federal Government? The DoD.

They just lose, as in can't account for where it went, money by the hundreds of millions, totaling trillions over a few years. And that is not counting boondogles and white elephants, like the F35, or pork barrel projects like the hundred-odd tanks Congress ordered that the Army does not want.

It is the most wasteful department in the U.S. government. And that includes screwing over service members:

But Congress throws money at the Pentagon as if it grew on trees and was delivered by leprechauns driving golden carts pulled by unicorns.

Then there are the priorities at home like infrastructure, healthcare, etc.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Rocket Man Unmasked!

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Zebra wrote:It is sad Crayegg ... I totally agree but it's the reality.
-

No, it hasn't been. In fact, space has been the one place where there has been consistent, peaceful, cooperation and progress between the world's nations. No matter how rough of a patch the U.S. and Russia/U.S.S.R. went through since the 1970's, space was still a cooperative venture.

Until Donald Trump decided with his peabrain that it shouldn't be. I think he's just hoping to distract people from the fact that he doesn't have a flying-frick of an idea of how to govern.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Return to “National”