Mater Dei-IMG

Omar Bongo

Mater Dei-IMG

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:18 pm

The Monarchs have a bye this week to get ready, but let the hype begin...

According to Calpreps, at this point Mater Dei is the underdog. Calpreps projects IMG 35 - MD 21 on a neutral field. The game is at Santa Ana Stadium.

# 1 IMG is 3-0 with a power rating of 119.5, while #3 MD is 3-1* with a rating of 109.3. Offensive/defensive stats and strength of schedules are pretty even so far.

That could all change, though. IMG will face a tough test this week as it travels to D.C. to play St. John’s, ranked #4/5 nationally, 3-0 with a power rating of 90.5. IMG can’t afford to get caught looking ahead as St. John’s appears to be better by far than any team either IMG or MD has faced this year.

MD hasn’t been tested yet, but we’ll get a better idea of how good IMG is after this week.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Decoded the title

Playthegame

Re: Mater Dei-IMG

Postby Playthegame » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:22 pm

I think MD makes Swiss Cheese out of IMG, yes St Johns is gonna be a tough game for everyone they play this year, IMG could be 3-1 coming into their beat down against The Mercenary Kings of the West...

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:29 pm

I can’t imagine any coach or team “looking past St. John’s...wasn’t it Omar who said St. Mary’s would give JT’s Monarchs a game last year...another 50 point beat down by “the best team money can buy”

Go Monarchs...In this one, I will be rooting for The Money Ballers!

Domingo

Postby Domingo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 am

IMG Bowl - Florida v California
Mercenary Bowl
Transfer Bowl
Free Tuition Bowl

Does IMG Florida have more Catholic players than IMG CA?

This is Oak Hill Academy v Mater Dei Basketball. Nothing Different. Best Teams Money can buy. AAU comes to HS Football.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 am

Domingo, your act was old a year ago. Do you have anything to say about the game?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Domingo

Postby Domingo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:26 am

IMG CA (Santa Ana) will win this game comfortably. QB play and home field will be the difference. I think the only interesting game this year will be the two games played by IMG Santa Ana and IMG Bellflower. One for the Trinity League Title and the other for the CIF Championship. The season has already been decided.

If my "act is old", what do you call a high school football season already decided before it even starts?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:31 am

I call it a season with 90 other teams in a dozen or so leagues playing their hearts out. I think most of the board's visitors do, as well.

HonorGloryLove

Postby HonorGloryLove » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:41 am

John Q, in a battle between the head and the heart, the heart eventually wins, so I, having subjected myself to the agony of such a conflict many times in the past, have sympathy, even empathy, for Domingo.

I agree Domingo's posts have become tiresome. We are witnessing his personal pain, but surely, since that pain is voluntary, we need not witness it indefinitely.

I suggest he face his demons in private, and, in recognition that his audience on this board already knows all too well how he feels, he now think of what contributions he might make to the discourse from which others might profit.

To be called out on being out of control in public is embarrassing, but as, “To err is human, to forgive, divine,” am I out of line in inviting him to drop the rock and begin anew to participate in a positive way?

Domingo, all is forgiven, just accept things you cannot change, and move on. After a while, no one will remember, and anyway, Hoc etiam transibit.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:11 am

"...am I out of line in inviting him to drop the rock and begin anew to participate in a positive way?"

Not at all. All of the negative posts around here (primarily aimed at only one school) have been taking a toll on the quality of the discussions and on the site's traffic. I invite everybody to "drop the rock and begin anew to participate in a positive way."

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:30 am

Thank you John Q.
Mater Dei has a extra special defensive unit this year I think IMG may have a little trouble. However having never seen IMG in person I would be hard pressed to favor MD. From the little I have seen of IMG they are huge and every guy looks about 25 years old. The real question is how well they play as a team. So to believe MD is going to roll over them is a stretch. MY heart says MD the brain says not so fast.
Bryce looked extra special last week but against a mediocre team, so...

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:12 pm

For what it’s worth, CalPreps ‘project a match up’ has IMG winning (albeit on a neutral field)

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) 35, [2018] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 21

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:16 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post All of the negative posts around here (primarily aimed at only one school)

Why do you suppose that is?
John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post I invite everybody to "drop the rock and begin anew to participate in a positive way."

Translation: Ignore the fact that something is rotten in Denmark and just go with it.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:30 pm

No, "I call it a season with 90 other teams in a dozen or so leagues playing their hearts out."

And "All of the negative posts around here have been taking a toll on the quality of the discussions and on the site's traffic."

Translation: We're tired of it and it's ruining my website. Plenty of other, positive things out there to talk about.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:46 pm

I agree. As I tell my students, "let's save it for the game."

RPW

Postby RPW » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:50 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post I agree. As I tell my students, "let's save it for the game.

And what school is that?

PS... you are the biggest damn baby I have ever seen. The kids/players at Servite don't back down to the best and I am sure they do not like their "fans" doing the same. Just Zip It
I am The Voice of Reason

Luca

Postby Luca » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:37 am

John Q. Public wrote:Translation: We're tired of it and it's ruining my website. Plenty of other, positive things out there to talk about.

Is there not a touch of irony here, coming as it does from one of the four or five regular contributors to the interminable threads

"The inevitable disaster that will be the Trump administration", now 20 months old with almost 3600 responses, and (my personal favorite)

The president is a scum bag" now 14 months old with 170 responses?................Luca

SK80

Postby SK80 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:56 am

Luca..., #LivingInTheShadows #Lurker #PilingOn ROFL

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:06 am

Luca wrote:Source of the post "The inevitable disaster that will be the Trump administration", now 20 months old with almost 3600 responses, and (my personal favorite)

I've considered re-naming it "Trump Dump". It's what you call a "catch-all" thread for posts that don't warrant their own thread. Kinda like having one long "MD Sucks" thread instead of hundreds of separate ones from every time somebody has a synapse fire.

Luca

Postby Luca » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:29 am

Point well taken. There is a certain redundancy, which is why I don't have much to say anymore......Luca

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 am

Which is exactly the point. Quality and breadth have been overtaken by, well, MD Sucks.

Return to “High School”