"Transfers" SS Survey Says, "71.5% Want Rules Adjusted"

HonorGloryLove

Re: "Transfers" SS Survey Says, "71.5% Want Rules Adjusted"

Postby HonorGloryLove » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:25 pm

Prof Fate,

As MDDad pointed out, you aren't making a lot of sense, and I think the illogic begins with some things I can only assume you think are self evident.

Let's assume that there is a high school called X. Let's further assume that X has an excellent football team.

You repeatedly state that schools (or coaches) pull players from other schools.

How, exactly, would X do that? Please list the ways this could be done. I think an answer to this question would clarify things.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Van Pool
Free tuition
Tutoring

The Trinity effect...

HonorGloryLove

Postby HonorGloryLove » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Is that it?

If I were a 16 year old football player, I don't think those three things would excite me very much.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:57 pm

They would excite you if you were the parent of said 16-year-old player, with the added benefit of playing on television and getting more exposure to college recruiters. Add in the reality that all the top kids know each other through 7-on-7 teams, camps, personal trainers, social media, and would naturally want to encourage their buddies to join forces to create super teams. If LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh could do it in Miami, there's nor reason it can't be done in Orange County (or Bellflower).

Not sayin' it's good for the sport or the kids, but that's where we're at.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Bad comparison. LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh are adults.

At those times when the wishes/needs of the players and the parents are at odds, I think it's likely the priorities of the players that carry the day...most of the time.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Bad criticism. You actually helped make one of my points: star kids want to play together, just like their adult counterparts. Parents may have different reasons for pursuing the transfer game, but the result is the same.

Getting back to the original point of this thread, there have always been transfers, but schools X and Y (that might theoretically reside on Edinger Ave. and Bellflower Blvd.) can continue to accept other schools' best players for only so long before there's some serious pushback from CIF.

Rancho Cucamonga finished last year 10-2 and ranked #10 in CIF-SS; after losing what would have been their two best returning players to school X, RC lost their opener this year to Roosevelt (who also lost their best player to school X), and is now 0-4 and ranked #66 in CIF.

Now there's nothing illegal being alleged. No rules were broken. But repeated action eventually begets reaction.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Parents may have different reasons for pursuing the transfer game, but the result is the same

Really? Why would parents want their kids to transfer? Wouldn't parents want to keep their kids in the local public school if finances was their motivation? If it's academics, that kind of puts a hole in the athletically-motivated charge...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:13 am

A lot of these transfers bounce around more than a basketball at a Laker game. Some 3 schools in 3 years, some because they couldn't hang or not getting looks at previous school. The common denominator is the transfer, not the other schools. Not Loyal, me guy, who will ultimately tear your team unity apart. There are cases where the transfers are valid, but most cases are for selfish reasons. Until CIF cracks down, it will continue and we are beating a dead horse.

Doody thang

Postby Doody thang » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:02 am

It ruining high school football for sure

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:51 am

How are all the transfers working out at Narbonne? Team chemistry is huge, working as a team and not a individual is key. If the coaches can get the kids to buy in create a disciplinary atmosphere, still make it fun, preach team and brotherhood, maybe chemistry is made? But when kids show up and dictate to a staff what they want, what they are gonna do, then all control is lost and most kids jump ship.
Too many chiefs not enough Indians.
Inmates don't run
The asylum, or do they?

Way2Much

Postby Way2Much » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 am

I hope I’m not late to the Party but How did Rancho get to be Ranked so high? When you live by the transfers you will die by the Transfers I feel nothing for as well as Upland.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 pm

5 ways to know a player is a selfish me guy.
1) transfers to school # ... and demands a starting spot.
2) if they don't get all the love , they take plays off.
3) doesn't show up to all practices .
4) does 0 fundraising for new adopted community / school.
5) cries when things don't go their way, but doesn't prove anything to anyone, ever. That's why they transferred again.

Transfers... well if it walks like it, and talks like it, it must be it.
Like Flava used to say, don't believe the hype. Suckas!

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Transfers... well if it walks like it, and talks like it, it must be it.

I think it's reprehensible of you to categorize all kids who transfer as selfish and lazy...I'll bet there are transfers on the team you support who don't deserve to be prejudged and labeled
George Will

Donald Trump

Return to “High School”