Trinity League predictions

Credo ut intelligam

Trinity League predictions

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Okay, non-league play has concluded. Here are my predictions for final Trinity League standings:

1. St. John Bosco
2. Mater Dei
3. J Serra
4. OLU
5. Santa Margarita
6. Servite

Tell me why I'm wrong or right.

Professor Fate

Re: Trinity League predictions

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 pm

Can't argue with that.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Servite should be 7th

Eddyr2

Postby Eddyr2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:20 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Okay, non-league play has concluded. Here are my predictions for final Trinity League standings:

1. St. John Bosco
2. Mater Dei
3. J Serra
4. OLU
5. Santa Margarita
6. Servite

That’s how the are currently rank so you just went with chuck...question is of Servite will go 0-5 in League this year. If so they will be in D2 next year.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:58 am

According to people in the know on this forum, Servite is stuck in Div 1, even if they go 0-5. Strength of the league is one of the factors.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:25 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Okay, non-league play has concluded. Here are my predictions for final Trinity League standings:

1. St. John Bosco
2. Mater Dei
3. J Serra
4. OLU
5. Santa Margarita
6. Servite

Agreed. There are clearly 3 tiers where teams could be swapped with their games being swing games. All 3 games could go either way between Bosco/MD, JS/OLu, SM/Servite.... only real upset here would be Servite over SM maybe. I don’t see any team from a lower tier beating a higher tier.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 am

That looks about right.
Bosco vs MD is gonna be another biggie.
JSerra could catch someone slippin???
Santa Marg and Servite fighting for cellar. They should do what south coast does and if you are the last place team, make way the next couple years for a new team. Put in a MV, a Oaks Christian, or someone who is the upper tier. In years past Poly could have been the team. The Trinity is for the National teams. Or maybe move the MD and Bosco s out into their own travel squads and play the countrys best, like IMG. Or a Notre Dame.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:04 am

hit the lights wrote:Or maybe move the MD and Bosco s out into their own travel squads and play the countrys best, like IMG. Or a Notre Dame.

Do you mean the one in Sherman Oaks, or that college in Indiana?

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:18 am

Think this is pretty accurate. JSerra over OLu unless OLu shows that it can run the ball and take pressure off of Hilinski.

The Pinnacle game (against top quarterback-Oklahoma signee) that was quite mobile good omen for JSerra. Team couldn't run effectively-and eventually JSerra got at him late with constant blitzes and ran the ball down their throats. Hilinski isn't very mobile side to side and if they can't protect him or run they will be on the short end of the score.

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:26 am

In all seriousness would it be all that difficult to ADD MV to the trinity? 7 teams playing each other ( no rotation where someone sits out, everyone plays each other , just 1 less pre season game.

This way MV gets their wish and plays ALL the Trinity guys

MD and BOSCO ( for some reason is not on MV schedule while OLU and SM is ) any reason for that?

Didn't MV play MD every year for a long time?

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:10 am

MV and JSerra have never played. With Chad Johnson as MV coach I suspect that will change in the next few years.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:15 am

Can't imagine why they don't want to play MD and Bosco
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:21 am

Why not, can't win the C.I.F without going through them, or would MV hope that they BOTH stumble before they get the chance?

Luca

Postby Luca » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:06 am

Has it come to this? Who will win those highly coveted third and forth finishes in the Trinity league?

This topic is one of the most anticipated and riveting I have encountered since I found an old debate over who was likely to win the Battle of Hiroshima.

The Trinity League has been a two horse contest for at least the last 3 or 4 years and will continue to be so until it breaks up, as it likely will before too long.

Who really gives a flying fornication who comes in third versus sixth? It has all the significance of a participation award. Look at how the volume of posts on the Trinity League and HSFB in general have diminished over the last 6-7 years on this board. It indicates a general loss of interest and relevance for reasons we are all familiar with.

I have heard discussions regarding the remaining HSFB programs in the Trinity league either refusing the games against the club teams or trying to legally compel the CIF to put them into a freelance schedule, something similar to what was done with IMG and with DLS years ago. I don't know how far advanced talks are or whether the schools are all even taking it seriously. But the fact that it is being considered possibly tells us where things may be headed.

In which case interest in parochial football might return to its previous level............................Luca

templar83

Postby templar83 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 am

Luca wrote:Source of the post In which case interest in parochial football might return to its previous level...

Do you judge the interest in parochial league football off of the posts on this board, or do you have a larger sampling to which you refer?

Luca

Postby Luca » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:40 am

I have a larger sampling.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:16 am

Psychologists call that "Compensation"
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:56 am

hit the lights wrote:Source of the post Or maybe move the MD and Bosco s out into their own travel squads and play the countrys best, like IMG.

Bingo...There it is! I've been saying the same thing. Prepare to be attacked by the MD homers, HTL.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Sadly Luca is correct. Interest is declining in the Trinity. There is no drama to it like there used to be. Sometimes too much of a good thing can actuallybe a bad thing. With the two super powers killing everyone, there simply isn’t any drama until those two teams play each other. I’ve personally lost a lot of interest and imagine others have as well.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:32 pm

FriarJoe
It would be hard to maintain interest with no hope, especially when there is not even a chance of an upset.

Return to “High School”