Election 2018

Professor Fate

Re: Election 2018

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post You have a habit of only providing the information that suits your wingnut theories and withholding that which easily refutes them...

No, I have a habit of trying to stay within JQP's limits of quoting only so many paragraphs, so naturally I'm going to put my side's information, and including a link so you can do your own research.

And in answer to your cited quote, mine had already included the answer to that:

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post "...But Canova, a Nova Southeastern University law professor, and his attorney say they wanted originals to make sure they weren’t tampered with. Digital copies can be altered, they said.

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post No, I have a habit of trying to stay within JQP's limits of quoting only so many paragraphs

Yeah, right ROFL

So where's the evidence for your tasty wingnut charge about her replacing the ballots with new ones?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Professor Fate wrote:"Digital copies can be altered, they said."

The wingnuttery escalates...did you know that even originals can be altered by having them hand-copied by teams of illegal alien forgery experts working in secret underground caverns?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 pm

I just learned something..
15 House Republicans with A NRA ratings lost on Tuesday. All 15 were replaced by Democrats with F NRA ratings. Now lets see if effective legislation can get passed.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:01 am

Kind of funny that Scott would choose to complain about "irregularities" in two Democratic leaning counties. What would be "irregular" there would be his winning and a closer inspection would likely benefit his opponent. Careful what you ask for, Governor.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:57 am

Used to call this McCarthyism.....

After the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said Thursday night it would investigate two local election officials at the request of Gov. Rick Scott, the agency now says that because no voter fraud allegations were made, it is no longer pursuing an investigation.

“What changed is that this morning we spoke with the Department of State and they indicated they had no criminal allegations of fraud,” FDLE spokesperson Gretl Plessinger told POLITICO in an email. “So, after speaking to them, we offered our assistance in the event any criminal allegations are identified.
https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... und-690552

President Donald Trump has sent a series of tweets Friday about the race, saying in one tweet, he is “sending much better lawyers to expose the FRAUD!

After, they get back from Hawaii and finally report on Obama's birth certificate. :roll:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:25 am

I have not been keeping track. I was told by a much more politically involved friend that more HoR seats are falling to D's than were expected.

Does anyone know if that is true?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:13 am

Democrats so far have picked up a net of 30 seats in the House with 10 races still undecided. Of those, Dems lead in 6 and trail by 900 votes in another
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:23 am

My GOP rep has seen her lead decrease significantly since election day. I think she ultimately loses.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:24 am

If the election were a football pool, OC wouldn't have done well. It guessed wrong on Governor, Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, Treasurer, Attorney General, Insurance Commissioner and Props. 1,5 and 6. Geez! Better luck next time. Or not.

Kind of funny that the county that gave itself a 1/2 cent sales tax to fund road improvements went fairly heavily against Prop. 6.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:43 am

Well, he got this one right.

broman

Postby broman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Election officials in Florida announced Saturday that the state will hold recounts that include its high-profile Senate and gubernatorial races.

Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner ordered recounts in three statewide elections: for governor, U.S. Senate and agriculture commissioner. An automatic statewide machine recount is carried out when the margin of victory is less than 0.5 percentage point

Republican Rep. Ron DeSantis led his Democratic challenger, Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum, by less than the 0.5-point margin. Republican Gov. Rick Scott’s lead over Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson had narrowed to 0.15 percentage points

Florida’s agriculture commissioner, Democratic candidate Nicole “Nikki” Fried pulled into the lead over Republican state Rep. Matt Caldwell by a 0.06-percentage-point margin
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fl ... 43889869da

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Tip of the iceberg?
Broward elections office included 22 void ballots in its final total sent to state

...The illegal votes were part of a batch of 205 provisional ballots that were reviewed by the Broward canvassing board Friday evening.

Broward Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes accidentally mixed the valid ballots with the invalid ones after she had initially removed the ballots from their envelopes.

Snipes recommended the canvassing board include the entire batch in its returns, despite vehement opposition from attorneys for Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s campaign for the U.S. Senate. Snipes said Saturday that it “seems unfair to me to disenfranchise 205 voters at the expense of a small number.”

...William Scherer, an attorney for Scott’s Senate campaign, said, without offering evidence, that some of the illegal ballots included instances of double voting.

“They keep the door open so that the rats can run in, rather than the rats run out,” said Scherer, who represented George W. Bush in Florida’s 2000 presidential recount. “Every vote counts. Do you count every illegal vote?”

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news ... 78875.html

22 illegal votes out of 205 ballots reviewed. That's 10.7% of the ballots were illegal. :shock:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

broman

Postby broman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:21 pm

More information is always good. Which 20 ballots are we talking about?

On Election Day, Broward County collected more than 600 provisional ballots. The vast majority were declared invalid by the county’s canvassing board judges for reasons ranging from registering to vote too late to previously voting to voting at the wrong precinct.

But a couple hundred provisional ballots were held in limbo. Those ballots were the result of a connectivity issue in the system that precincts use to look up voter registrations, said Pat Nesbit, the elections day operations manager for Broward County. Voters would swipe their ID and the precinct system would show they weren’t registered voters. But when staffers called the Broward elections headquarters, the voter’s registration would appear. Precinct workers had those 205 voters fill out provisional ballots.

On Election Day, Broward election staffers set those 205 votes aside, removed the anonymous ballots from their signed envelopes and counted them up in a voting machine that didn’t add those numbers to the final vote count. The elections department didn’t originally intend to have the canvassing board review those votes, but after uproar from lawyers for the Republican Party, the office handed them over to the board, which usually reviews ballots still in the envelopes.

On Friday, the three-person canvassing board — on which Snipes usually sits — found about 20 of those 205 votes had mismatched signatures and declared them illegal. That means there are at least 20 illegal votes mixed into an anonymous pile of 205, all sitting in a machine that counted them but did not add them to the final count.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 52655.html

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Those ballots were the result of a connectivity issue in the system that precincts use to look up voter registrations, said Pat Nesbit, the elections day operations manager for Broward County. Voters would swipe their ID and the precinct system would show they weren’t registered voters.

No comment.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Broman, did you miss this paragraph from the Miami Herald?
Snipes recommended the canvassing board include the entire batch in its returns, despite vehement opposition from attorneys for Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s campaign for the U.S. Senate. Snipes said Saturday that it “seems unfair to me to disenfranchise 205 voters at the expense of a small number.”

Snipes wanted to include all of those votes in its returns including the 22 illegal ones. --:--

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Professor Fate wrote:22 illegal votes out of 205 ballots reviewed. That's 10.7% of the ballots were illegal

Misplace the Xanax? 22 invalid votes out of 682,453 cast = .00003%
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post 22 illegal ones

Invalid != illegal.

broman

Postby broman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Illegal votes based on mismatched signatures, which means that a citizen went to vote, used a provisional ballot, and had it rejected for signature which made it illegal. Nobody, in the process did anything nefarious.

Florida Law

When voting in person, by provisional ballot, or by Vote-by-Mail ballot, Florida election law requires each voter to sign a Voter’s Certificate. While an exact match of a voter’s signature is not required, the signature must reasonably match the signature of record.

All voters should consider periodically updating their signature on file with our office.
https://www.colliervotes.com/Voter-Regi ... -Signature

I have seen nothing that outlines the process of matching these signatures. It is completely subjective.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:23 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Invalid != illegal.

They were signed, so we should expect a couple dozen arrests soon, no?
Or do liberals control the Florida state police as well?
George Will

Donald Trump

Return to “National”