Rohrabacker Loses.

Local issues
Fordama

Rohrabacker Loses.

Postby Fordama » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 am

An OC institution--whether you liked him or not. At 71 I wonder if he'll try a comeback, or will he just spend his days sipping margaritas with B-1 Bob?

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Rohrabacker Loses.

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:07 am

Interesting that OC Republicans came through for Young Kim and Mimi Walters but not for Rohrabacher.

In my own 39th District, Kim won 52%-48% because she won the OC half of the district 54%-46%. Cisneros won the LA County half 56%-44%. Strange district.

And to the south, Mike Levin(D) beat Dianne Harkey(R) for Issa's old seat.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:08 am

Good riddance. He's been an embarrassment since he posed with the Afghans pretending to some badass.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:32 am

And the Gas Tax repeal lost. Not a fan of taxes but the things it will fund, including the 57/60 re-alignment, need to be done. I didn't have a problem with the sales tax increase to fix the El Toro Y, I don't have a problem with this one.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Wow! Other surprises I wasn't aware of:

Todd Spitzer beating Rackauckus for OC DA 52.9% to 47.1%.

And in LA County, Alex Villanueva leading Jim McConnell 50.15% to 49.85% for Sheriff.

About damn time Rackauckus got bounced but I didn't realize McConnell was unpopular. Maybe it was the name.

Still a couple pallets of provisional and mail-in ballots to be counted in both places.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:24 am

I'm reading the Rohrabacher V Rouda vote is still being counted. Thousands of mail in ballots dropped off at polling sites on election night are still uncounted. --:--
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 am

Late votes typically favor Dems. Rouda will only be extending his lead.

The other person in that vicinity who will ultimately lose is Assemblyman Harper.

He is barely winning and the vote counts are trending against him.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:26 pm

As I predicted, the Dem opponent of the incumbent GOP Assemblymember adjacent to Rouda's district is now winning.

Return to “Orange County”