RBG - SCOTUS

cruiser

RBG - SCOTUS

Postby cruiser » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:02 am

Per news media, RBG, 85yrs old, falls (again) and breaks three ribs, currently in hospital,
the Dems wanted her to retire in the second Obama term but refused to do so, chances
are Trump could get to nominate another SCJ before his term is up, hmm...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: RBG - SCOTUS

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 am

Broken ribs are tough when you're young. Wishing her strength.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:14 am

Yes, apparently and especially if you are older, the Docs worry about the patient getting
pneumonia, at her age, not good...

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:23 pm

I don't want anything bad to happen to her, but I do hope she decides it's time to hang her robe up, and relax.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:24 pm

It's an indication of how times have changed for Supreme Court nominees. I don't think a former ACLU lawyer would be nominated by anyone today because there would be too much of an ideological paper trail left behind that would make it difficult to be voted in by the Senate. Hugo Black was a Supreme Court Justice formerly in the Ku Klux Klan. But you have to be pretty bland these days. In the past you only had to be a good jurist.

I saw an article yesterday stating that it was not that great a loss for the GOP to lose control of the House because the House (unless it is overwhelmingly one side or the other) really doesn't accomplish all that much any longer with all the gridlock. The more important legislative body - in terms of guiding the course - is the Senate because they and they alone determine Supreme Court justices. And the Senate will likely stay Republican for some time.

If Ginsberg does retire she is likely going to be replaced by a woman - for obvious reasons - and there is a good chance it will be Amy Barrett...........................Luca

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 pm

I heard on the radio that she did this last night. And having broken ribs before and being RBG, she caught her breath and kept working. She didn't see a doctor until this morning. Badass lady.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:40 pm

...and she’s back to work ...
Attachments
9F95A4C9-BDF5-4D21-B103-F0C49C293361.jpeg

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:18 pm

That's funny.

She actually didn't miss any work at all. I understand she stayed at work that night after the fall, and finished her work for that day.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Return to “National”