Mater Dei vs. Mission Viejo

hit the lights

Re: Mater Dei vs. Mission Viejo

Postby hit the lights » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 am

Father son HS,
iF YOU TRACKED HIM DOWN, HE WOULD TELL YOU...
They are who we thought they were, the best team money could buy.Nothings changed. Why are people shocked at these scores?The top two trinity routing the top two public, south coast teams? Public vs Private, it is a discussion that needs to be had, oh wait, unless CC MOPS UP MD this up coming week.??

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:04 am

Step back and listen to yourselves...don't you have a life outside of this?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:18 am

I'm not sure I understand the thinking in blindly supporting a 3-county all-star team, despite what they're doing behind the scenes to recruit players, while condemning a 4-county all-star team as the spawn of Satan.

Red

Postby Red » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:23 am

cruiser wrote:How bout them devils! - MD just did a number on them but if they can't stop the stupid penalties
they have been doing all season,it will do them in,next week. Take it to the bank.

With the pressure the MD D-Line put on Yellen, I cant believe there was not ONE holding call on MV. The second TD Yellen threw, he was bailed out on a hold. Oh Well.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Postby Red » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:25 am

Daforno wrote:MV and Johnson Quit big time!

Third quarter MV took the maximum amount of time between plays ( they acted as if they wanted to keep the ball from MD ) rather than run the hurry up to try and catch up.

Better to go down in flames than just roll over. Especially in the last game of the season, what are you saving yourself for?

Especially when you have a kid like Yellen who can make all the throws.

I was never a Bob Johnson fan, but he would of NEVER QUIT!!!

2 years in a row at HOME ending with a running clock! Long time MV fans have to be embarrassed!

MV didn't quit, they lost 3 big time 2 way players.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Postby Red » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:29 am

Professor Fate wrote:I doubt it. They know everyone is aware of the unequal playing field between a public school, and a 4-county all-star team that shouldn't be in the same division.

Don't worry Professor, your head coach is touring the JAA and PW games as well as talking to Sophomores and Juniors from other Trinity League teams. :shock:

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:31 am

Best players for MV were two ex MD guys jo jo Forest and Syr Barnes, think they regret leaving?

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:04 am

Bottom line is that these playoff games are extremely uninteresting. We can finger point all day long but the bottom line in the lack of enforcement will cause (and allow) blatant recruiting by all teams trying to win. MD and Bosco will not dominate forever...other Trinity teams are responding and it will take some time but games will get more competitive in the near future. The problem is that these super teams will then have no one else to play! Oh well...there are worse tragedies in life than watching boring blowout high school games.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:53 am

Rather than having Trinity League teams scrounging (or shelling out cash) to sign preleague opponents, there's another obvious solution. Have the league teams play each other twice each year in a home-and-home series. Ten games, problem solved.

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:01 pm

MV DID QUIT

Regardless of players out, why take 30 seconds between plays "IF" you are trying to catch up???

After MD opened the 3rd quarter with a score, MV ran the slowest series of plays I've ever seen, NO HURRY UP OFFENSE

It was the" how slow can I go offense," with only ONE goal, RUN THIS CLOCK OUT!!!!

ZERO EFFORT was made to even try to catch up, they slowed down the game to keep MD from scoring more.

Proud program, I'm surprised some parents didn't fool with the lights so they could of called the game!!!

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:57 pm

OutOfState wrote:Source of the post This game was refreshing to humanity.

Well played, Old Sport.

4E60501A-4A08-41A5-BD8C-BB32C9B7E948.gif
4E60501A-4A08-41A5-BD8C-BB32C9B7E948.gif (507.47 KiB) Viewed 211 times

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 pm

dont be that guy wrote:Source of the post Most of the Diablo and Lion best players weren’t going to start at MD/Bosco so they transferred in order to get playing time.

Which of JSerra’s starters transferred from Bosco in the offseason?

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:04 pm

hit the lights wrote:Source of the post Why are people shocked at these scores?The top two trinity routing the top two public, south coast teams?

Who said they were shocked?

hit the lights wrote:Source of the post Public vs Private, it is a discussion that needs to be had, oh wait, unless CC MOPS UP MD this up coming week.??

If Corona Centennial can do it, why can’t Mission Viejo???

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 pm

MDDad wrote:Source of the post I'm not sure I understand the thinking in blindly supporting a 3-county all-star team, despite what they're doing behind the scenes to recruit players, while condemning a 4-county all-star team as the spawn of Satan.

Which of the 4 Southland counties did Servite not hit?
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Red wrote:Source of the post With the pressure the MD D-Line put on Yellen, I cant believe there was not ONE holding call on MV.

This was the story of the game, from a football perspective. MD was getting home on Yellen.

If Ware-Hudson and that front get pressure like they did last night over the next two weeks, Monarchs may make this less of a formality than people think.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Don't worry Professor, your head coach is touring the JAA and PW games as well as talking to Sophomores and Juniors from other Trinity League teams.

T-Bone, Summer 2018: “At Servite, we believe in the 4 year experience”

T-Bone, 2019: “Any and Er’body, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY”

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Rather than having Trinity League teams scrounging (or shelling out cash) to sign preleague opponents, there's another obvious solution. Have the league teams play each other twice each year in a home-and-home series.

Turning the Trinity League into the Interscholastic League of Honolulu ... from a scheduling perspective. That would be interesting ...

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:15 pm

cruiser wrote:Source of the post Does Servite only get students from Orange County?

Lol. I'm sure Servite gets students from Riverside County, being the closest Catholic School to the county line. But the fact that neither you, nor I know their names, means that if they play sports at all, they sure weren't star players stolen from other high schools' varsity teams.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:20 pm

they sure weren't star players stolen from other high schools' varsity teams.

I will ask you for the umpteenth time, please define stolen.

OCurbanlegend

Postby OCurbanlegend » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:10 pm

It's laughable that there were people that thought MV would win this game. It's clear that most people have no idea what they are looking at when they watch these High School games. At the end of the day MV players were soft. MD knocked #6, #2. #23, and #8 out of the game. Everyone that knows the history of some of these dudes knew that Forrest would never finish the game. As soon as MD switched the match up from the Freshman they had on him to Ricks he mysteriously came up injured.

Professor you constantly cry about all star teams yet you have no idea what your own head coach is doing. You better be careful about what you espouse as unforgivable because you will soon be forced to divorce your beloved Friars as your boy TT is sitting in peoples living rooms going after every player he can get big and small. Throwing around the new $200 a month tuition that is for everyone and anyone that can play, regardless of financial need. Oh yeah and Domingo, most of these new recruits are not Catholic...oh no what has the world come too.

P.S. Jserra is now the best team money can buy and they are going to slap Oaks Christian tonight. It was going to happen before the fires. I just feel bad that these kids have to try and concentrate on playing a football game under these circumstances.

Return to “High School”