Wow -interesting prep football ranking

Professor Fate

Re: Wow -interesting prep football ranking

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:25 pm

MD-DLS VI you mean. You can't just forget the first four losses to DLS

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:56 pm

The Calpreps computer projects Mater Dei by just 31-17 over the Spartans, but some people have already handed the trophy to the Monarchs...up on the DLS board they've already conceded and are congratulating themselves on a great season...how times have changed :wink:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:20 pm

This is nothing but gamesmanship by DLS. Sure MD is favored but only a fool doesn’t think DLS has a chance. Their defense is outstanding and MD has been lackluster on offense the past few games (granted they played against good defenses). If DLS doesn’t commit 5 turnovers like they did last year we could have an interesting game. I’m going with MD by 10.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:35 pm

I agree. The Monarch offense has looked ordinary the last couple of games, they will have to rely heavily on their D once again. Look for DLS to pull out a few trick plays on O, fake punts, surprise onsides kicks...no holds barred
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am

You guys have to remember - Centennials and Bosco are the top defensive teams around. So to say the Monarch offense has struggled is entirely isn't accurate. MD moved the ball enough and left 10-14 off the scoreboard in the Championship game. CC has the best defensive line if seen in a very long time and that Bosco defense can be argued it's one, if not the best defensive team this year. And now will see if DLS has the same defensive power. Sondheimer laughed at the fact someone said MD 31-17 DLS, he seems think Mater Dei can't score 31 point against DLS. Not surprised by his comments -It pains him to have to say anything positive when it comes to MD. You talk about teams opening their mouths giving BB material, Sondheimer just did. And he's not even playing this game.. smh..

SK80

Postby SK80 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 am

When you go up against an equal or even better defense than of course your offense can appear to struggle, because it is! Agree Sweetness.

I thought after Q1 it was Boscos defense flying around the ball and hd speed that again would stifle MD as it did in game 1. In a way it did yet MD's defense matched that effort this time thus making a game very close were either team could have claimed the win.

MD should not take DLS lightly, I do not think they will. The mission is not finished.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:14 am

I expect this MD vs DLS game to be more competitive than last year.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Jb14 said:
I expect this MD vs DLS game to be more competitive than last year.

Well let's see better a DLS team and no JT or Amon, pretty prophetic.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm

It's hard to beat that 2017 MD team when you cough up the ball 5 times. DLS moved the ball on us just fine until they would fumble or throw a pic 6.

They had a lot of Soph/Jr starters last season. The lefty QB adds a better passing attack than last season too.

MD can win if they can execute on offense. I don't think DLS's defense is as good as C10 or Bosco.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:06 pm

DLS defense could indeed be as good as Cen10 or Bosco. They shut out Folsom who has as prolific an offense as anybody and they just held a good Liberty team to 7 points. So at the very least I’d say they are on par those other defenses.

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm

They certainly could be as good.. though Folsom was early in the year and sometimes you have to take the early games with a grain of salt compare this late in the year, but really the competition up North isnt the same. So well have to see. From what Ive seen, their defense is solid, but hard to gauge, they didn't play anyone with prolific offensives.. and I'm not sold on Liberty being one of those.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:02 pm

DLS is much better overall this year. They played a ton of sophs and jr's last year. Their current QB throws well and is VERY mobile/quick, not anything like last year's QB's they had, they also,I believe; throw the
ball more than they have in recent years, don't believe the DLS depression posts ,it's to lull MD into thinking
that they have the prize already, and not focus ,nothing could be further from the truth.

..if MD gets the penalty fever as in past games and has some critical turnovers, it's anyone's game!
.. I'll take MD by nine....

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm

I see DLS employing the same ball-control/keep-away plan MD used against Bosco, limiting penalties/turnovers and mixing in a few surprises here and there...if they can do that it could be a close game
George Will

Donald Trump

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Allen HS from Texas, I believe also plays today for the state championship, I believe they are the main team in contention with MD for the national title.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Allen still have to win two more games. The are in the semi's next weekend against the winner of Carroll vs Duncanville

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/6AD1

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:19 pm

jb914 wrote:Source of the post The lefty QB adds a better passing attack than last season too.

Didn't he play three quarters in last year's game?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 pm

I believe DLS's lefty QB played the last quarter last year when the game was out of
reach for DLS, he was just a frosh moved up to the varisty for section playoff games
last year. I expect him to take off if he does not find any receivers open in the game,
apparently that is what he has done in previous games.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:58 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:Allen HS from Texas, I believe also plays today for the state championship, I believe they are the main team in contention with MD for the national title.

FYI, if MD beats DLS,they will be mystical national champions in the majority of polls,
no matter what ALLEN does....

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Allen isn't even the best team in the state. They play Duncanville next week. Duncanville is up 51-7 on a 13-0 Southlake Carrol ranked #4 in Texas.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 pm

cruiser wrote:I expect him to take off if he does not find any receivers open in the game

He's more of a Bryce Young-type than a drop-back QB, MD hasn't seen a lot of those this season...his passing numbers aren't overly impressive but he's been improving steadily over the season
George Will

Donald Trump

Return to “High School”