Has patriotism become passe?

cruiser

Has patriotism become passe?

Postby cruiser » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Interesting article by Doug McIntyre in Sunday's OCRegister, per the study; 50% percent of Americans
under the age of 38 believe America is "sexist"; 49% percent said we're not only "racist" but "more
racist than other countries"; 14% percent believe America was "never great and never will be
great" and 19% percent believe the American flag is a symbol of 'intolerance and hatred"; interesting
no?

Wabash

Re: Has patriotism become passe?

Postby Wabash » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Not really. There is a segment of our society that believes there are significant barriers to entry for them to participate in the American dream.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 pm

There are polls that show that about a third of Americans believe that we are being visited by flying saucers. What was you point again?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:28 pm

And Mimi's has consistently won the Register's polling for best French restaurant. Surveys of people who don't know what they're talking about can be entertaining - ask Jay Leno - but they're pretty meaningless. Except to point out that a lot of people don't know what they're talking about. That thing about 49% saying the US is more racist than other countries (???) should have been a clue.

Re: patriotism, it's always been kind of passe with actual patriots.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “National”