O.C. Wrestling

Credo ut intelligam

O.C. Wrestling

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:22 pm

O.C. #1 Servite defeats #2 Villa Park in season opener

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/11/29/servite-wins-wrestling-season-opener-over-villa-park/

Public schools still dominate the CIF-SS rankings. Matches are pretty exciting--surprised it isn't a bigger deal in the Trinity League. The Friars take on Northview Thursday night.

St. John Bosco #1, Servite #4 in 2018-2019 CIF-SS Preseason Poll

TommyTrojan

Re: O.C. Wrestling

Postby TommyTrojan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 am

Love wrestling! I've encouraged my linemen for years to wrestle as I love what it does for them and the improvements I see in footwork and one on one tenacity.

It does seem to be the one sport that the Trinity schools outside Bosco and Servite just haven't bothered to invest in.

kingspeed

Postby kingspeed » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:54 am

Servite wrestling has one of the best coaches in CIF and nationally for that matter and the program reflects it.
Other schools outside of Bosco have too many clubs, 7 on 7, or special trainers who poach and discourage multisports.
Though Bosco and Servite also fight the same the coaches their overcome them and recruit in wrestling. MD wrestling has a great coach but hard to get the kids to buy in. Wrestling is hard and maybe the most demanding physically of all sports. And this is coming from a track coach.

Track has suffered a bit but the coaches at the top Trinity schools for track have found a medium to thwart but it is not easy. Trinity track teams always at the top for both boys and girls.
"Get In The Mix"

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Ya, have always wondered why FB coaches have not pushed their players to try wrestling,
especially the linemen, LB's - it's great physical conditioning, plus you gain coordination,
balance, flexibility - besides hitting the weights, etc

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:52 pm

The son of my estranged friend RPW, was a DB who joined the wrestling team, and what has always stood out to me about him was that if he got a hand on you, you were not getting away. He wasn't a very big DB, but even if he didn't bring you down right away, he held on to you until teammates could finish the job. I believe wrestling had something to do with that.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Stugotz

Postby Stugotz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 pm

It would be nice to see Clinton put as much time/effort into creating a great basketball program.

Return to “High School”