Still the best reason I voted for Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Still the best reason I voted for Donald Trump

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Picture1207181552_1.jpg

I could add the following: Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS, eliminating job-killing regulations, lowest unemployment since 1969, renegotiating NAFTA, withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Paris Agreement, individual and corporate tax rate cuts, bringing back manufacturing jobs, consumer confidence up, working to defend intellectual property theft from China, moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, bringing home the remains of deceased American soldiers from North Korea, weakening ISIS, enforcing immigration laws, eliminating the penalty on the individual mandate from Obamacare, strengthening protections for religious liberty, and generally driving the Left to spasmodic fits of insanity.

But, in the end, it's still Day #688 that Crooked Hillary is NOT President (and never will be), and that Trumps just about everything, seeing as none of the above would have happened had she won.

Liberals playing Charlie Brown to Trump's Lucy for the past two years has been a pretty good benefit too:

Bring it on, Libs!

Wabash

Re: Still the best reason I voted for Donald Trump

Postby Wabash » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:08 pm

My favorite reason. Taking back the House would not have been possible were it not for Trump.
Attachments
2019 Congressional Map.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Let's see..the NAFTA renegotiation was basically on Trump's desk when he came in.

The only problem with the Paris Agreement is that it didn't go far enough. Trump is too ignorant to actually understand the surrounding issues.

Gorsuch is fine, but Kavanaugh is way too small of an individual for a Supreme Court seat. He just reaffirmed the privilege of the wealthy White Washington elite.

All the economic indicators are on the same vectors they were when Obama left office. No accomplishments for Trump economically except for not screwing up the constant improvement that was already under way.

Remains have come back from North Korea under other Presidents. Previous Presidents didn't have to appear to be a stooge for the North Korean dictator in order to make it happen.

As far as the childish ramblings about regulations being rolled back--most regulations occur in reaction to a real world problem.

How did rolling back the regulation on agricultural water testing work out? Have any Romaine lettuce lately? Yeah, regulations don't pop up in a vacuum.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:37 pm

I watched this video today. Eighteen minutes but watch it to the end and you might get some insight into quite a few things, among them how people can be Trump fans despite the mountains of reasons not to be. He has this, as did Obama, Reagan, JFK, MLK and maybe Bill Clinton. And Bernie. Hillary never will.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Eighteen minutes but watch it to the end and you might get some insight into quite a few things, among them how people can be Trump fans despite the mountains of reasons not to be.

It was an interesting video, but I'm not sure it explains how people ignore trumps warts to be "inspired" by his...errr...colorful rhetoric.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 am

You could add Hitler, cult leaders and TV preachers to the list, too. Put very basically, Trump has a cause, but that's only a small - but important - part of it. It's "us" vs. "them". It's why we overlook horrendous things "our side" does but yell and scream the minute the other side does something half as bad. It's why people stand out in the cold to pay twice as much for a phone with a crappy camera, memory that can't be expanded and no "back" button. It's why people fly airplanes into buildings and volunteered to go to Vietnam. It's intangible but great leaders, businesses and salesmen have it.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Wabash wrote:My favorite reason. Taking back the House would not have been possible were it not for Trump.

I think losing the House was due more to wish-washy Republicans who failed to sufficiently support the Trump agenda, but we can disagree about that.

Of course you recall the House was lost in the first place (2010) because of Obamacare and Nancy Pelosi, who was just re-installed to what could be the shortest tenure as Speaker in history if the Dems don't pursue a constructive agenda and instead decide to accede to their far-Left base and go down to dead-end road of impeachment.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Holy smokes. How deeply does one have to bury the cranium to think that the problem was wishy-washy Republicans?

Orange County didn't go blue because the Republicans weren't pro-Trump enough. Where in the hell does that sort of thinking come from?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Fordama wrote:Holy smokes. How deeply does one have to bury the cranium to think that the problem was wishy-washy Republicans?

Orange County didn't go blue because the Republicans weren't pro-Trump enough. Where in the hell does that sort of thinking come from?

What part of but we can disagree on that did you not understand? Believe it or not, there is a world outside of Orange County. When Republican office-holders fail to uphold their campaign promises, their voters tend not to turn out. George H. W. Bush learned that in 1992.

Again--for the umpteenth time--insulting those who disagree with you is part of the reason why 62 million voters gave the liberal elites the middle finger in November 2016.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Fordama wrote:Source of the post Gorsuch is fine, but Kavanaugh is way too small of an individual for a Supreme Court seat. He just reaffirmed the privilege of the wealthy White Washington elite.

Don't like the privilege of the wealthy White Washington elite? Add one more reason not to have voted for Hillary Clinton. Someone get this message out to Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren as well.

Fordama wrote:Source of the post As far as the childish ramblings about regulations being rolled back--most regulations occur in reaction to a real world problem.

And sometimes they merely protect special interests who want to avoid competition, or they simply outlive their usefulness. Perhaps the childish thing is to refuse to re-evaluate these things at all.

Fordama wrote:Source of the post How did rolling back the regulation on agricultural water testing work out? Have any Romaine lettuce lately? Yeah, regulations don't pop up in a vacuum.

And now you're blaming bad Romaine lettuce on Trump. What's next, blaming him for the weather? Oh, wait--the Washington Post already did that.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spammy link removed

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post I think losing the House was due more to wish-washy Republicans who failed to sufficiently support the Trump agenda, but we can disagree about that.

And I think losing the House was because those GOP embraced Trump and the GOP. In OC, Reps. Walters and Rohrabacher had a 90+% voting record supporting Trump.

Trump continues to be an unpopular president.

Poof.....they're gone.

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the postAgain--for the umpteenth time--insulting those who disagree with you is part of the reason why 62 million voters gave the liberal elites the middle finger in November 2016.

And for the umpteenth time. 65 million voted for the other one. Maybe things have changed. The nuns that taught me math taught us that 65 is a larger number than 62.

Have things changed since then?
Last edited by Wabash on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:05 pm

the reason why 62 million voters gave the liberal elites the middle finger in November 2016

You keep throwing that number out there as if it were a majority when it wasn't even a plurality...

Last month we saw your middle finger and raised you one more

Keep living in the past, that can only help us in 2020 =D>
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Well if you really want to be accurate, a majority did reject Hillary Clinton. She got 65,844,610 votes, but 70,783,849 voted for someone else.

And as far as your raised middle finger last month, 53-47 in the Senate is gong to be very useful for the next two years.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:53 pm

I could say the same about Trump. Over 71 million voted for someone other than Trump.

That's still a larger number. While their votes are diminished, their beliefs are not.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 am

Trump's victory was dependent on four states. Wisconsin Republicans are confirming voters' decision to vote Democratic as we speak. The fight for Michigan and Ohio just started with GM's plan to close plants. Donald won't be able to win there without help from Congressional Democrats, even if he drops his tariffs. But the Democrats are also in a very good position to screw up there. The next year or so should be interesting.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 am

Trump's victory was dependent on four states

More like four counties
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:43 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:What part of but we can disagree on that did you not understand?

We do disagree, no doubt. Never said we didn't.

But you said something tremendously stupid. No sugarcoating that. No putting lipstick on that pig or polishing that turd.

And one more thing--any Trump supporter who gives lectures about insulting people, well, you lost any possible high ground for that argument the moment you picked up Trump's "cause."

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:41 am

Wabash wrote:And for the umpteenth time. 65 million voted for the other one. Maybe things have changed. The nuns that taught me math taught us that 65 is a larger number than 62.

Wabash, you remind me of a guy who loses the Super Bowl but spends the next two years bragging about how he had more first downs. The only thing that matters is how the winner is determined.

Red

Postby Red » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 am

I have questions for the anti-Trump voters and please, step up and be honest and brave:

Did you cast your vote for Hillary Clinton?

Do you thing she would be doing a better job?

Would the economy be doing this well?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Return to “National”