Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Vilepagan

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:56 am

Fordama wrote:Source of the post Fools and their money are easily parted.

Indeed, and you notice there aren't any people on their "advisory board" that have actual qualifications or experience in immigration matters or border security. Just people with an ax to grind.

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:44 am

Besides the childish nose thumbing, he seems to be saying it's a political emergency and not a national emergency. I'm sure the plaintiffs will be saving this tweet.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Why do you think he's an immigration expert?

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post what makes her an "expert" on border security?

Those are direct quotes (inside the blockquote box) from the site... that's how they describe them...not my opinion.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:56 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post I'm sure the plaintiffs will be saving this tweet.

What plaintiffs? Who has standing?
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Federal employees? Congress?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:35 pm

And how are they being harmed?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Sheriff Clarke is an American former law enforcement official

Interesting they thought it necessary to include "American"...no doubt to reassure any prospective donors who might know what he looks like
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Indeed, and you notice there aren't any people on their "advisory board" that have actual qualifications or experience in immigration matters or border security. Just people with an ax to grind.

I'm sure that if they make this work, the Trump administration would be more than happy to offer advice. :mrgreen:

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Indeed, and you notice there aren't any people on their "advisory board" that have actual qualifications or experience in immigration matters or border security. Just people with an ax to grind.

If experience and qualifications don't matter for the presidency, why should they matter for advisory boards?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:24 pm

That desperate Republican gambit has been a complete failure. We have 2 years of evidence that they matter very much
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Those are direct quotes (inside the blockquote box) from the site... that's how they describe them...not my opinion.

I realize you didn't invent the lies, but since you were repeating those lies here I just thought you might like to know that what you posted was BS.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:18 pm

GoFundMe Wall Update:

Q&A

⭐How are you actually building the wall? It is legal to do this? Do you have agreements from people to build on their land already?
We have a team of our nation's leading experts in Construction, National Security, Law, Finance and Politics. Our experts have researched and concluded that we can build the wall mile by mile for 50% of the current price that the US Government pays. We will utilize private property along the border in high trafficked areas to build our wall sections. We have landowners right now, lining up to have us build on their land because they are SICK of being threatened by cartels, sick of the crime, and sick of our government's inability to act. Your donations will fund this, and save lives with every mile we build. This is 100% LEGAL, its on private property and the landowners we are speaking to want the wall.

⭐When do you start building?
We are estimating to break ground in months from now in Texas. Brian and the team is heading to Texas in the coming weeks to start talking with contractors, architects, and local law enforcement to begin finalizing the construction plans.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:32 pm

I have no problem with a privately financed wall.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Source of the post We have a team of our nation's leading experts in Construction, National Security, Law, Finance and Politics.

No experts in civil engineering.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:42 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post We have a team of our nation's leading experts in Construction, National Security, Law, Finance and Politics.

Sure they do...do these 'experts" have names?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:16 pm

So you say that Trumps wall shows anti-brown people racism? Then how do you explain this one:

Marist Poll: Trump's Support Among Hispanics Jumps 19 Points Amid Shutdown

50 percent of Latinos support the job Trump is doing, a significant jump from the 31 percent who had the same answer in a December poll.

Bick

Postby Bick » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Then how do you explain this one:

Not entirely related, but funny as all hell...

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Not nearly as funny as inviting the national champions to the White House for cold hangderbers and then proudly posing for a photo

George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:21 pm

If you think that's funny,

Bick

Postby Bick » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:02 pm