Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

TherealG

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Postby TherealG » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:32 am

So that kid Trillion is out at MV or is that old news. Moms shopping him around again. Heard he was at Centennial last week. 4th or 5th school already?

SuperMonster

Postby SuperMonster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 am

It'd be his fourth if true...AND he's only a sophomore right now. Crazy. What I don't get is how there's all this supposed college interest but he essentially failed out of MV!?!

Publicworx

Postby Publicworx » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 am

The whole situation is a dumpster fire. The mom is a mess and the kid is a complete knucklehead. At some point does the kid tell his mom I want to stay and compete for the job...or does CIF step in and tell him he cannot transfer anymore, this is insane. 4 schools in 2 years??? Why would anyone want that mess, and he isn't that special either, only really has Freshman tape because he can't beat out the QB's where he transfers to.

Good god!

SK80

Postby SK80 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:00 am

But if you are or keep acting the roll of a "Transfer" certainly you must be good....! ROFL

insidetrinity

Postby insidetrinity » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 am

SuperMonster wrote:It'd be his fourth if true...AND he's only a sophomore right now. Crazy. What I don't get is how there's all this supposed college interest but he essentially failed out of MV!?!

A lot of reported college interest doesn’t mean much. If a college is hosting some players from a high school they’ll almost always let the hs coach bring other players in as well. It doesn’t cost the college anything except providing a pass for the kid and the coach taking a picture and it helps their relationship with a high school coach. A lot of these guys the head coaches take pictures with, the coach couldn’t even tell you who they are.

Publicworx

Postby Publicworx » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 am

What a mess! :thumbsup:

SK80

Postby SK80 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:37 am

From St. Frances Academy in Baltimore Maryland 4 - Star WR to Narbonne. Much chatter he may now be looking at USC.

Narb.png

BoscoBrave

Postby BoscoBrave » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:05 pm

Any movement out there?

bodhi

Postby bodhi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:41 am

Breaking News**

Is Darion Green going to Narbone? Elias Ricks is missing from MD too? What is going on in Monarch Land?

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 am

BoscoBrave wrote:Any movement out there?

there could be something big for Bosco coming. Running back.

A huge upgrade too.

Fingers crossed.

NeilMcCauley

Postby NeilMcCauley » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:17 am

Is Elias Ricks really out of mater dei? Any clues where hes headed? And greene is now leaving too? Well ****.

bodhi

Postby bodhi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:31 am

Heard ricks is going to calabasas and Green to Narbone. bosco has Nate Jones has a ton of offers why go to bosco?

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:15 am

bodhi wrote:Source of the post bosco has Nate Jones has a ton of offers why go to bosco?

because the kid is better than Nate.

Nate is still rehabbing. Looks to be a long way from being healthy.

Running back is a position thats lacking for Bosco. Expect Matt Colombo to get a ton of carries if this kid doesnt transfer over.

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 am

NeilMcCauley wrote:Is Elias Ricks really out of mater dei? Any clues where hes headed? And greene is now leaving too? Well ****.

Ricks is extremely set on going to LSU no matter what. MD is not having it with him and playing extreme hardball with him.

I'd like to know if the DGW transferring is true. I heard he wasn't going anywhere but who knows.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:16 pm

I’ve heard so many things about Ricks who knows what is true. I’ve heard reclassifying and going to LSU, IMG, Corona Centennial, and Calabassas. The only thing that seems certain is he won’t be at MD. Good riddance. I respect MD for not putting up with him.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:30 pm

Is Ricks still enrolled at MD?

hocyouthguy

Postby hocyouthguy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Didn't see him in the National Guard national championship trophy presentation photos, which were taken on campus yesterday. Now the photo only had about 25 guys in it, so the whole team wasn't present, of course, but most of the stars were there. But no Ricks. Not looking good.

But then again, if he's not happy at MD, probably best to know that now rather than mid-season. Losing your best player can never be something you hope for, of course, but even if MD lost Ricks AND DGW, they'd STILL have one of the best secondaries in the nation with Davies, Jackson and Hunter. Just not the BEST secondary in the nation any more. Which could be a problem with this year's schedule.

I have no idea what Ricks's beef is (if there is one), but if there is one, it's really unfortunate. Rollo gave that young man invaluable experience starting as a soph, going up against the best comp in the country. No, you can't teach talent, but I have to believe he wouldn't be the nation's #1 CB right now if not for the spotlight MD has given him. You'd think there'd be a little more loyalty, but who am I kidding?

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:48 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:Ricks is extremely set on going to LSU no matter what. MD is not having it with him and playing extreme hardball with him.

Why would they care where he plays in college?

hocyouthguy

Postby hocyouthguy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:25 pm

I think what Kupp is saying is that Ricks has been saying he wants to graduate early (Dec) and enroll at LSU at that time. Ricks said in a recent YouTube vid that that's what he's going to do, but MD won't just mail in his grades for the last semester. He could try to finish all his HS credits early (like JT did), but if he doesn't, MD won't let him graduate early to go to LSU. That is what I believe the issue is.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:08 pm

What Daniels did is very different than Ricks wanting to finish high school after the first semester of his senior year. Daniels graduated a full year earlier instead of a one semester. Top players enrolling in college the Spring semester of what would have been their last high school semester is actually quite common and not a big deal. Happens all the time. Bru McCoy just did this so did lots of other players. Other MD players have done this before so I wouldn’t think MD would have an issue.

Return to “High School”