Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Fridayisgameday

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by Fridayisgameday » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 pm

I think you'll see a lot of QB's moving around this off season, as for who takes over at Bosco or Md, I'm gonna throw out there Jake Garcia from Narbonne. He's a big enough recruit to step in to one of those programs with the guarantee to start, and with all the issues going on at Narbonne it would be a smart move to get out of there for his senior year..

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:25 am

Garcia has already used his transfer token (Poly to Bonne). “All the issues” don’t affect him throwing TDs to a slew of transfer WRs from all over the country who are D1 prospects, nor winning more city titles and chasing state titles. He’s unlikely to leave one of the top teams in the state before his senior year, and before his 3rd year as a starter. Especially not before he sees what new talent they bring in during the offseason.

The other kids mentioned however could be falling into place like dominoes before we even get to New Years Day.

I wonder if Maalik Murphy likes wearing Gardena Serra’s red uniforms more than their blue ones? Rollo and Negro might want to know ...

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:58 am

KuppRunneth wrote: Bosco's QB transfer will be a big one. Highly recruited but overrated in my opinion (for the college level).
KuppRunneth wrote: Safe to say both school will be getting a big time QB transfer (senior).

Maalik Murphy will be a junior next year and is definitely not overrated. Senior-to-be Jake Garcia (Narbonne) is also not overrated, but is not transferring to Bosco - although dreams can be fun.
KuppRunneth wrote: You know aint no chance Clarkson sticks around at Bosco.
Pierce Clarkson isn’t going anywhere unless Negro/Bullock successfully lure Murphy to Bellflower, and the odds of that are low (vs. him staying at Serra or heading SOUTH). Unless Bosco sweetens the pot significantly. As of now Clarkson is in line to potentially take over for DJ as a sophomore, so why would he leave?

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Somewhat odd transfer and I don’t know the details of it but a current Sm parent told me they’ve added a 6’6 310lb OL from Samoa

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:15 pm

insidetrinity wrote: Somewhat odd transfer and I don’t know the details of it but a current Sm parent told me they’ve added a 6’6 310lb OL from Samoa
I don’t know the details either but I saw the kid leaving practice yesterday. Looks like a monster.
634575FD-1711-42B2-A737-F31FC2F127B9.jpeg
Go Eags Beat Mayfair

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Per their roster they’ve added the German defensive end with a penn state offer, a 6’6” 310 OL, a 6’ 310 OL/DL, and a 6’5” 330 OL. How the heck did they add four guys like that mid season? I have no idea...

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Is this true or just some more BS on this board?

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:12 pm

It’s true. They’re listed on the roster now on Santa margaritas website. Not sure if they’re any good though

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm

#64 rj aiafi, #71 Maurice heims, #77 Michael time, and #78 brisin Lima

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 am

It's true, they have been at the school for several weeks. SM is following the sit out period transfer rules with these players. They are international transfers and their whole families did not move to Coto. Just the students and a guardian. The German player is a defensive end and TE. He does not weight 300 lbs much closer to 240 lbs. The two O-lineman are huge but inexperienced. Rugby players that have come to America to play football. Both are underclassman that will be coached up by SM's outstanding O-line coach that came to SM with Coach V from the Raiders. Jack Del Rio still helping out at SM as his schedule permits while he waits for the USC job to open up.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:58 am

I’m actually excited about this. It would be incredible to see every team in the Trinity League step up their game and make this a six team race to win the title every year. Good start SM

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:55 pm

International students are not 5 game sit-out. They sit the entire year no matter what. Cif rules.
Good to know Santa margarita is trying to cheat. No suprise from hartigan and sulick.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Relax CredoFriar if SM was trying to cheat they would bring in football players on full scholarship from the IE and not two rugby players from New Zealand that have never played football before. These players are at SM because they know they would never see the field at MD or Bosco. No school was hit harder by transfers than SM and one of the main reason the four left for Mission Viejo was because they didn't want to get abused again by Bosco and MD. At least the players that left for JSerra still wanted to compete against the best teams in the Trinity League.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Speaking on Scholarships. International Students are not eligible for financial aid and tuition for International Students is more than for US Citizens. So that makes their tuition roughly $22,000 a year with no financial aid. I'm sure the families sending them over can cover that no problem. There is no way a booster is helping out with this... :lol:

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Actually international student tuition at SM is closer to 28 thousand a year and guess what OCurbanlegend there are some wealthy folks in New Zealand. Actually SM makes a killing every year on the international students they bring in. The vast majority of which don't participate in sports. If an SM booster wanted to sponsor some football players you would think that their money would be better spent on kids that have actually played football before.

Diesel17

Post by Diesel17 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Malik is not leaving Serra to head to a Trinity league school, his mom could have sent him as a freshman and passed on it.

Look for Mater Dei and Bosco to get a Trinity league transfer QB from one of the other Trinity schools with some varsity experience in the league already to compete with the QBS they already have at the school for the starting position.

I've been hearing a few names of Frosh/Sophmores that may transfer.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:16 am

Most of the international students at SM and JSerra (lots of them in fact, but I suspect the numbers will go down as there are waiting lists at both HS's) are Chinese. Few if any play any sports. At JSerra it was $30K for tuition, plus another $15K to be in the international student homestay programs- paid in full before the kid ever gets on the plane.

We hosted a Chinese kid-safe to say it was not a pleasant experience. Most host parents report the same-which is not the case with kids from other countries.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am

F China send the lying cheating US hating brats home! Now!

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:58 am

OC Sports wrote:We are two days away from the start of the season for most. Can anyone confirm if Sefita Tupe or Moses Sepulona is still on the MD roster. Today Dan Albano listed Sefita as the # 5 lineman in the county and playing for Mater Dei. Moses was listed over the weekend in the Register's top 150 players as also still being at Mater Dei. Yet neither is listed on the roster Mater Dei posts online and neither seems to be in the team photo online (although it is hard to see). If it were an injury, grades or disciplinary issue you would think they would still be in the team picture. Anyways, would love to know if anyone has the scoop.
I just noticed that both Sepulona and Tupe are now listed on the team roster on the team website. They weren’t prior to the season. I have no clue when they were added back or whether this means anything regarding their whereabouts or status.

Amack001

Post by Amack001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Hmmm...wonder if RedPill has any updates?