2019 Football Schedules

BoscoBandWagon

Re: 2019 Football Schedules

Postby BoscoBandWagon » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 am

The bosco vs bosco game is earlier in the season.
The Trinity vs America is a few weeks later. Bosco, JSerra and Mater Dei will be playing OOS teams that week.
Bosco is playing 4 out of state teams this year along with Paramount.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic part removed

Bick

Postby Bick » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:03 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:Source of the post Bosco is playing 4 out of state teams this year along with Paramount.

I think the Paramount game is cancelled. Both schools just posted they're looking to fill that week they were going to play each other. Maybe ping the national champ in Northview, TX?

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:05 pm

For JSerra I've seen East (SLC) away plus St. Joseph Regional (NJ)-also Bishop Amat.

Who else?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm

dont be that guy wrote:Source of the post First Edison, now Amat. It’s going to be hard for MD/Bosco to find any local teams to play.

I think we are a few years away from a full out of state pre-season schedule.

Alleluia! Refusing to play these all-star teams will go a long way towards getting them to moderate their behavior.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:Bosco is currently playing 4 out of state teams next year.
JSerra 3 that I know of, MD also playing out of state teams next year.

It will continue to separate these schools from the pack.

I get playing an occasional OOS school like Bishop Gorman or a school from Arizona, but can someone explain to me how playing teams that have had to fly across the country from the East Coast or vice-versa is somehow improving players and further "separating these school from the pack"? You can't convince me that the top schools from NJ or Utah are any better than at least the top 50 programs in talent-rich California.

Or is this supposed to a drawing card for potential recruits/transfers? I'm just not sure how "we get to travel to New Jersey" is big selling point to kids in 2018.

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 pm

you'd be surprised how many of these kids haven't traveled very far from their home towns...any team trip to the east coast is still a very big deal.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 pm

OutOfState wrote:You have that on good record?

How about any record?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:17 pm

daddyooo wrote:Source of the post any team trip to the east coast is still a very big deal.

Aren't they expected to help raise money for their trip?
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:50 pm

yes-and the payoff is the tour of the 9/11 memorial, washington monument, etc.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Then playing multiple OOS away games could get tiresome for kids and expensive for the families.

BoscoBrave

Postby BoscoBrave » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:I get playing an occasional OOS school like Bishop Gorman or a school from Arizona, but can someone explain to me how playing teams that have had to fly across the country from the East Coast or vice-versa is somehow improving players and further "separating these school from the pack"? You can't convince me that the top schools from NJ or Utah are any better than at least the top 50 programs in talent-rich California.

Or is this supposed to a drawing card for potential recruits/transfers? I'm just not sure how "we get to travel to New Jersey" is big selling point to kids in 2018.

Obviously Servite hasn’t ventured out of the state to play many top teams besides Gorman. Believe me, these teams Bosco and other California teams play from OOS are every bit as good as one of the top 10 teams in California. Most D1 coaches would like to avoid playing another D1 school during the regular season that they may play in the playoffs. It’s all about who will play you when you get the Braves and monarchs level.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

No one knows any games Mater Dei is playing yet, and there’s only been speculation on the JSerra schedule. This alleged Trinity v the USA jamboree is still in the wind until confirmed.

We do know that SJB is again hosting at least one national matchup. Against a New Jersey Don Bosco Prep team that was really good 8 years ago, when Greg Toal was still coaching there. Not anywhere near that good since, and definitely not “every bit as good as one of the top 10 teams in California.” They were 6-5 last season and 2-8 the year before. Would likely get blown out by most of the California top 10.

Will be just another pre-league running clock blowout for the Braves, like 2018. Their double digit transfers, who according to one source within Brave Nation will all just be backups, will get plenty of run in that one.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:I'm just not sure how "we get to travel to New Jersey" is big selling point to kids in 2018.

College teams have to travel. Learning how to travel as a team maybe? --:--

my kids traveled for competition(s) (non-football) in club and HS and one of the reasons was to get them used to travel with the team and for college.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:05 am

OutOfState wrote:I know this ain’t the transfer thread but MD is losing badly to Bosco this transfer season. Are they getting complacent after 2 ships in a row? :eh?: If this were a game it would be a shutout and Bosco would have put a running clock on MD.

If it were an actual a game--like, let's say, the last two CIF title games--Elias Ricks would be shutting down their top WR, Bru McCoy would be scoring TDs, and D.J. would have happy feet.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am

This thread is about "SCHEDULES"

There are many other threads more related to the issue or debate on "TRANSFERS".

:off topic:

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Refusing to play these all-star teams will go a long way towards getting them to moderate their behavior.

I don’t think Amat not playing Mater Dei has anything to do with “behavior.” It has to do with Amat not wanting to get beat by 3-5 TDs for the 4th straight season opener. Hagerty, understandably, would probably like his season to kick off with a winnable game for the first time in a while. He probably thinks, if they have to see Bosco or MD in a playoff game, then so be it. But not in pre lg.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 pm

by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm

I don’t think Amat not playing Mater Dei has anything to do with “behavior.” It has to do with Amat not wanting to get beat by 3-5 TDs for the 4th straight season opener.

That would seem more likely, but the effect is the same. Some will not schedule all-star teams out of principle, and some out of the feeling that it would be a futile endeavor.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:It’s all about who will play you when you get the Braves and monarchs level.

Funny, there used to be a day (up until a few years ago) when the top teams in SoCal didn't have such a problem.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Amat has a short memory. They forget the Haden years when they rung up 70 on a helpless Pius X team when scoring 70 was never done. They left Haden and McKay in the entire game to set a record for the day.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Well this kinda goes under "SCHEDULING" I suppose but I almost felt like it should get it's own headline.....

"San Clemente's Coach Ortiz "THROWS DOWN the GAUNTLET"......!

Lets face it respected people are getting irked now....... :steam:

OrtizTwitter.png

Return to “High School”