The FBI's Abuse of Power

Credo ut intelligam

The FBI's Abuse of Power

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 am

The multiple abuses of power committed by FBI leadership (the phony "Steele Dossier", FISA abuse, illegal leaking for political purposes, etc.), and their continued stonewalling of Congressional oversight, shows clearly that the FBI has become corrupted--at least at the D.C. level. Better now to fire the lot and re-organize the agency with real accountability and legal limits on its authority.

The latest NYT report that the FBI opened an investigation on the President, after exercising his lawful authority to fire James Comey, should be the last straw for what has become a rogue agency.

An FBI that is corrupt and dishonest -- Latest reports offer only more proof
Dishonesty and corruption are endemic at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The latest proof comes in a New York Times report that the FBI initiated an investigation in May of 2017 into whether President Donald Trump was serving as a covert Russian agent. The accusation itself was ludicrous on its face. But from a legal standpoint, the FBI's probe constituted an egregious abuse of power. The Bureau had no probable cause, no evidence, and no reasonable suspicions. They investigated Trump because they could. They defied the law, ignored or perverted facts, and debased the integrity of a heretofore-respected law enforcement agency.

Why did these rogue officials commit such an outrageous act of malfeasance? In a word, vengeance. Already incensed that Trump had defeated their preferred candidate, Hillary Clinton, they grew furious when the president fired Director James Comey on May 9, 2017. In reaction, they sought retribution. What better way to avenge Comey's firing than to launch a counterintelligence investigation of Trump under the false pretense that he committed treasonous acts for the benefit of the Kremlin and at the direction of President Vladimir Putin. Absent credible proof, information could be manipulated to frame Trump while a compliant media would gobble up the leaks and report the damaging charge. The election results could then be undone when the president was driven from office...

Full article here: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/gregg-j ... more-proof

Credo ut intelligam

Re: The FBI's Abuse of Power

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 am

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:32 am

I was serious when I said quotes that were too long would be deleted.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:21 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post The latest NYT report that the FBI opened an investigation on the President, after exercising his lawful authority to fire James Comey, should be the last straw for what has become a rogue agency.

When you have more than an angry op-ed piece from FOX let me know.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:33 am

Let's see, there were ties between Russia and many of Trump's people, then Trump fires the guy who is looking into it.

Yes, that is suspicious. Glad to know the FBI puts the safety of our nation above politics.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:38 am

A corrupt leader attacks the institutions of Justice of his own country, and his followers lap it right up.

Trump's plan and method of operations are plain to see. I hope our country is not as stupid as he thinks.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 am

Accuse your accusers of doing what you yourself are guilty of...that's a new one
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:00 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post The multiple abuses of power committed by FBI leadership (the phony "Steele Dossier", FISA abuse, illegal leaking for political purposes, etc.), and their continued stonewalling of Congressional oversight, shows clearly that the FBI has become corrupted--at least at the D.C. level.

AKA, doing their job.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RPW

Postby RPW » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:17 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post The multiple abuses of power committed by FBI leadership (the phony "Steele Dossier", FISA abuse, illegal leaking for political purposes, etc.), and their continued stonewalling of Congressional oversight, shows clearly that the FBI has become corrupted--at least at the D.C. level. Better now to fire the lot and re-organize the agency with real accountability and legal limits on its authority.

The latest NYT report that the FBI opened an investigation on the President, after exercising his lawful authority to fire James Comey, should be the last straw for what has become a rogue agency.

Politics is a dirty business.
Trump was never in politics but is extremely dirty.
He is willfully ignorant of his surroundings.
If you have done nothing wrong, then nothing would be found.
You are screaming about abuse of power which is possible, but that does not dismiss what has been found.
What is the problem here?
I am The Voice of Reason

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 am

It's becoming more and more apparent by the day that Trump is either a witting (or worse) an unwitting Russian stooge.

When he was asked directly if he were a Russian asset, he responded with a non-answer answer.

I'm betting Putin laughs his ass off daily over the havoc he has helped create in the United States.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:02 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post information could be manipulated to frame Trump while a compliant media would gobble up the leaks and report the damaging charge

Rewind the tape and let me watch it again...

Trump's campaign meet with a accused Russian agent to talk about lifting sanctions...
Trump was pursing business dealings in Russia during the election....
Papadouplous did not suggest arranging a meeting between Trump and Putin....
Trump denied Russian attempts to influence the 2016 election even after the assessments by the CIA and FBI.....
Flynn while working for Trump lied about meeting with Russians...
Manafort was in debt to Russian/Ukrainian interest.....

and they lied about all of it.

I sure you got rebuttal evidence for all of these events and actions.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Imagine, if you could, that it was President Hillary Clinton who kissed Putin's *** every chance she got, had secret meetings with him, had the notes destroyed and swore the translator to secrecy, denied Russian involvement in Ukraine, supported their invasions of Crimea, Georgia and Afghanistan, hid her long-time business dealings in Russia, declared publicly that she believed Putin over the entire US intelligence community, who trashed the FBI, the Justice Department, called America "so stupid"...

Can you even imagine the collective cow the right would be having right now? Possibly. But what you can't imagine is Democrats sitting meekly on the sideline and letting it all happen out of fear of making her mad...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:19 pm

Wabash wrote:I'm betting Putin laughs his ass off daily over the havoc he has helped create in the United States.

Hourly, including in his sleep
George Will

Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Imagine, if you could, that it was President Hillary Clinton who kissed Putin's *** every chance she got, had secret meetings with him, had the notes destroyed and swore the translator to secrecy, denied Russian involvement in Ukraine, supported their invasions of Crimea, Georgia and Afghanistan, hid her long-time business dealings in Russia, declared publicly that she believed Putin over the entire US intelligence community, who trashed the FBI, the Justice Department, called America "so stupid"...

I imagine the results of the last election would have been the same as they were without her having done all those things.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:41 pm

I don't get what you're saying. You mean the election a couple months ago?
George Will

Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:10 pm

No, the loss to Trump.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Vilepagan wrote:When you have more than an angry op-ed piece from FOX let me know.

When you make an attempt to refute what these sources have to say, rather than lazily dismissing uncomfortable facts that undermine your tired Orange Man is Bad narrative, then let me know.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:47 pm

From Glen Greenwald (no conservative) at The Intercept:
The FBI’s Investigation of Trump as a “National Security Threat” is Itself a Serious Danger. But J. Edgar Hoover Pioneered the Tactic

LAST WEEK, the New York Times reported that the FBI, in 2017, launched an investigation of President Trump “to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security” and specifically “whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests.” The story was predictably treated as the latest in an endless line of Beginning-of-the-End disasters for the Trump presidency, though – as usual – this melodrama was accomplished by steadfastly ignoring the now-standard, always-buried paragraph pointing out the boring fact that no actual evidence of guilt has yet emerged.

The lack of any evidence of guilt has never dampened the excitement over Trump/Russia innuendo, and it certainly did not do so here. Beyond being construed as some sort of vindication for the most deranged version of Manchurian Candidate fantasies – because, after all, the FBI would never investigate anyone unless they were guilty – the FBI’s investigation of the President as a national security threat was also treated as some sort of unprecedented event in U.S. history. “This is, without exception, the worst scandal in the history of the United States,” pronounced NBC News’ resident ex-CIA operative, who – along with a large staple of former security state agents employed by that network – is now paid to “analyze” and shape the news.

The FBI’s counterintelligence investigation of Trump is far from the first time that the FBI has monitored, surveilled and investigated U.S. elected officials who the agency had decided harboerd suspect loyalties and were harming national security. The FBI specialized in such conduct for decades under J. Edgar Hoover, who ran the agency for 48 years and whose name the agency’s Washington headquarters continues to feature in its name.
https://theintercept.com/2019/01/14/the ... he-tactic/

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 pm

John Q. Public wrote:I was serious when I said quotes that were too long would be deleted.

Especially when they disrupt your personal biases...

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 pm

No problems with the FBI leadership. Just upstanding patriots trying to save us from the evil Donald Trump.

Inspector general recommends criminal investigation of Andrew McCabe
Sources say the Justice Department has been urged to investigate whether McCabe, the fired FBI deputy director, lied to federal officials.

The Justice Department's inspector general has recommended a criminal investigation into whether former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe lied to federal officials about a leak to a newspaper reporter.

McCabe was fired in March, and last week a report from the inspector general concluded that he repeatedly lied when asked about the leak of information regarding the FBI's efforts to look into the finances of the Clinton Foundation in 2016.

Legal sources familiar with the matter revealed Thursday that Inspector General Michael Horowitz recommended in January that McCabe be investigated on suspicion of lying. That same month, FBI Director Christopher Wray demoted McCabe from his position as deputy director.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/in ... be-n867571

Return to “National”