Rollinson's Last Season

Domingo

Rollinson's Last Season

Postby Domingo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:19 am

Has any football coach, or any other coach for that matter, fallen from grace so quickly and unequivocally as Bruce Rollinson has at Mater Dei in the past couple of years. Bruce went from one of the most respected men in the business to the face of what most now believe is what is wrong about youth/high school sports. He has lost all credibility and respect amongst his peers who now have taken to social media to publically mock and shame him and his program. He can't even get a game scheduled in CA anymore. A legacy that was built over decades is now in the gutter.

The news of the RC players and others coming to Mater Dei from public schools for less than one year for the SOLE purpose of playing football and then returning to their original public high schools has GREATLY tarnished the Mater Dei Football program. More so than any event in school history. The outcry from Mater Dei football parents to school leadership was unprecedented and led to immediate changes in transfer policy. You will never see what you saw in the past couple years at Mater Dei. Never.

I don't expect Bruce to be around after this season. Probably 2 years too late.

Sixth Man

Re: Rollinson's Last Season

Postby Sixth Man » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 am

I don’t like the current state of high school football either. But you either adapt or die in the Trinity. He did what he had to do to keep Mater Dei relevant. He didn’t start it. Orange Lu, Servite, and Bosco traveled that road before he did. He’s a great man and a great coach. He is probably the best motivator of any coach I have ever seen. He should be remembered for the 90s when he did it his way imho.

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am

There are at least 5 starting players from MD’s football team that didn’t show up for the start of the second seamester. I guess that is one way of getting around the religious education requirement. Disgraceful.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:21 am

So, how does one know that parents are going to pull their kids out of a school at a given time?
I'll tell ya, there is good number of hi-tier athletes that MD turned away this semester that
wanted to transfer into MD, probably giving the edge to Bosco, you know the school that
started the whole thing that the media seems to give a free ride to....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:44 am

Not really defending Rollo, but isn't this blaming the victim? The real problem here is kids and parents who have their priorities so screwed up that they'd do such a thing.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 am

Domingo wrote:I don't expect Bruce to be around after this season. Probably 2 years too late.

This is the common knowledge that most believe next season will be his last but his retiring doesn’t have anything to do with this transfer controversy.

And Buck there are indeed more than 5 players from this season that are not at the school any more. I personally see nothing wrong with a kid enrolling early in college to play Spring ball. I do have serious issues with what Criddell, Dollars and Huffman Dixon did returning to their previous high schools after the season.
Funa and Ware Hudson are at Oregon, Bennet is at Oregon State. Shame on them for doing what is in their best interest. And oh yes Bru McCoy is no longer at Mater Dei because he is at Texas. What an outrage and shame on him also for such a selfish move.

fttank

Postby fttank » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:16 am

Exactly. Put blame were it belongs: the parents of these boys. MD was duped. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Administration block senior transfers from here on out.

OCmom

Postby OCmom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am

You guys have NO clue!! players that didn’t show up to the second semester graduated early to enroll in their university Oregon State, UCLA, and Texas. They graduated!!!
There was 1 transfer student that was on the verge of being kicked out so he left voluntarily.

Now on to the Rancho kids. What makes anyone think on this forum or on Twitter or anywhere else that a parent does not have the right to pull their child from the school? Does anyone believe that aministration at any school can keep a child there when their parents pulled them from the school for whatever reason they may have? There is not a school in the country that could make me keep my child at their school if I did not want him.

It is not MDs fault. No one predicted this.

Do I believe that the kid should not have signed again at Rancho absolutely.

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:21 am

OutOfState wrote:This is the common knowledge that most believe next season will be his last but his retiring doesn’t have anything to do with this transfer controversy.

And Buck there are indeed more than 5 players from this season that are not at the school any more. I personally see nothing wrong with a kid enrolling early in college to play Spring ball. I do have serious issues with what Criddell, Dollars and Huffman Dixon did returning to their previous high schools after the season.
Funa and Ware Hudson are at Oregon, Bennet is at Oregon State. Shame on them for doing what is in their best interest. And oh yes Bru McCoy is no longer at Mater Dei because he is at Texas. What an outrage and shame on him also for such a selfish move.

Exactly. Leaving early for college isn't a problem. Transferring to MD to get a ring, then back to your former high school and doing a signing day there after you did one at MD, is bad and totally classless to boot. It's also why the likes of Chris Street ended up at JSerra, along with Genova and Persi.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:20 pm

People simply can’t keep things straight. Just because parents use schools, does not mean Mater Dei has to open itself up to it (soiling it’s reputation in the process). Does everyone realize that more than 1 party can be a wrong doer here? We can give the parents hell if we want, but then again they are just using the school and doing what they think is right for the kids. Mater Dei on the other hand is not required to participate in this fiasco. Even if Mater Dei didn’t know for a fact that the kids would leave right after football season, it is common sense to assume that they would. I expected it as did many others. So either Mater Dei is hiding what they knew (doubtful) or is so naive to the realities of life escape them. Either way, it is not a good look for them.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:45 pm

fttank wrote:Source of the post Put blame were it belongs: the parents of these boys.

Snarkheimer waking up everyday with renewed energy for leading the anti-MD rabble:

9D20A017-599C-4DDF-8C1F-E2B8315C5234.jpeg

Even thinks kids should stop publicly celebrating opportunities to go to college for free ...

A131CA67-29B4-442D-A467-8D40A9D1F26D.jpeg

Geez Eric

E6A35D5A-E5E3-43A3-8B96-008D969B274F.gif
E6A35D5A-E5E3-43A3-8B96-008D969B274F.gif (757.22 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

The #1 helicopter/stage dad in Southern California, “Big Dave” Uiagalelei, chimes in with his approval ... and a hilariously hypocritical call for a CIF crackdown on transfers :roll: :

BDA0DF18-1FDF-44AD-8C05-A65B49438BE4.jpeg

24D65EA1-56CA-47B5-9AAF-F2FBFF497BF3.jpeg

I wonder if Big Dave would mind if the CIF “transfer board” started their “thorough job” investigating “rentals” in Bellflower, with his son’s team and the double digit transfers they’ve brought in since taking an L to MD in November. He certainly hasn’t been shy about celebrating free agent pickups for the #BoscoFamily...

7661EA30-A160-4316-9BA1-1410C155D4CB.jpeg

And of course he lets us know about every (uncommittable) offer his 8th grade holdback superstar receives ...

DA768BDB-C5E1-44EE-A7F0-B8C2FB024159.jpeg

But let’s keep the focus on Santa Ana. I’m sure none of Bosco’s signees family additions will leave after football season. :hide:

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Can someone explain how a student at MD can graduate early to attend college when they don’t meet the graduation requirements of the Diocese. I guess it should not come as a surprise that one of those entitled MD players has already run out on his signed commitment to USC after two weeks at the school.
Last edited by BuckW on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:38 pm

Are these players that returned to Rancho Cucamonga now residing in the same homes that they lived in prior to leaving for MD. It sure brings into question the change of residence requirement for last season. Maybe some DLS supporter could hire a private investigator to look into the move. I’m sure they could find neighbors or pissed off RC supporters that could shed some light on the situation.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:57 pm

BuckW wrote:Can someone explain how a student at MD can graduate early to attend college when they don’t meet the graduation requirements of the Diocese.

Simple, actually. You don't need a diploma to matriculate. It isn't even all that uncommon.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Matriculate.png

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:59 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Snarkheimer waking up everyday with renewed energy for leading the anti-MD rabble:

Why would you assume he's referring to Mater Dei?

OCurbanlegend

Postby OCurbanlegend » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:34 pm

All of the kids that transferred into MD last year were told during the admissions interview that they could NOT graduate early if the came to MD. They all accepted those terms and understood that when they came. You can not keep people from leaving if they choose too. Bennett had enough credits to go to college so he did. One of the other boys had discipline issues and was being asked to leave, so he did. Criddel and Dollars withdrew from MD and attempted some home school program they were told would satisfy the rest of their college credits and get them on to their prospective college campuses earlier than going the traditional route of graduation. However, once they started their home school they were soon told by their prospective colleges that these schools were not accredited, at that time they checked back into Rancho, MD had no idea they even went back to Rancho. Funa and Ware-Hudson are still at MD and will graduate with the rest of their class. And Yes Bru McCoy graduated early which he as a 4 year MD student had the right to do.

Domingo you are incredibly judgmental and appear to be filled with hate. Maybe not the best representation of a true Catholic. As for the uproar from ex MD ulmni ect., nothing could be further from the truth. Bruce Rollinson's reputation is not tarnished in the eyes of Monarch Nation. Yes they are a few upset people but the number of those is small in the grand scheme of things. There were more people from Monarch Nation upset when MD was getting their ass kicked by Bosco every year. That's when you heard 'oh Rollinson's gotta go, game has passed him by, he's washed up, blah,blah, blah, " Have to give the old guy credit though he kept MD hated even when he was not winning. That's all it is and all it ever is.

Bosco has 16 transfers right now MD has 1. And Sondheimer writes stories like it's the other way around.

Bosco has 4-5 kids kicked out of school recently, some big time football players and you don't hear a word about it. Bosco's top WR goes to a neighboring school during school hours to fight a kid get's beat up , video is out there and you don't hear a word about it.... but 2 knucklehead kids pull an idiotic selfish look at me stunt and have 2 signing days and it's National news.

As for Fat Dave I'm glad he's hoping for full CIF investigation's this year in to transfers because I don't think CIF will do them but I think they will get done. Careful what you wish for Fat Man.

OCurbanlegend

Postby OCurbanlegend » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Snarkheimer waking up everyday with renewed energy for leading the anti-MD rabble:

9D20A017-599C-4DDF-8C1F-E2B8315C5234.jpeg

Even thinks kids should stop publicly celebrating opportunities to go to college for free ...

A131CA67-29B4-442D-A467-8D40A9D1F26D.jpeg

Geez Eric

E6A35D5A-E5E3-43A3-8B96-008D969B274F.gif

The #1 helicopter/stage dad in Southern California, “Big Dave” Uiagalelei, chimes in with his approval ... and a hilariously hypocritical call for a CIF crackdown on transfers :roll: :

BDA0DF18-1FDF-44AD-8C05-A65B49438BE4.jpeg

24D65EA1-56CA-47B5-9AAF-F2FBFF497BF3.jpeg

I wonder if Big Dave would mind if the CIF “transfer board” started their “thorough job” investigating “rentals” in Bellflower, with his son’s team and the double digit transfers they’ve brought in since taking an L to MD in November. He certainly hasn’t been shy about celebrating free agent pickups for the #BoscoFamily...

7661EA30-A160-4316-9BA1-1410C155D4CB.jpeg

And of course he lets us know about every (uncommittable) offer his 8th grade holdback superstar receives ...

DA768BDB-C5E1-44EE-A7F0-B8C2FB024159.jpeg

But let’s keep the focus on Santa Ana. I’m sure none of Bosco’s signees family additions will leave after football season. :hide:

Man oh man too bad he can't find the guts to write about all the Bosco crap 16 transfers, off campus fights, football players expelled for slinging...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited a vulgarity

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 pm

And thank God the four freaking pages of pictures didn't work in the quote or I'd have deleted the post.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

dont be that guy

Postby dont be that guy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote:All of the kids that transferred into MD last year were told during the admissions interview that they could NOT graduate early if the came to MD. They all accepted those terms and understood that when they came. You can not keep people from leaving if they choose too. Bennett had enough credits to go to college so he did. One of the other boys had discipline issues and was being asked to leave, so he did. Criddel and Dollars withdrew from MD and attempted some home school program they were told would satisfy the rest of their college credits and get them on to their prospective college campuses earlier than going the traditional route of graduation. However, once they started their home school they were soon told by their prospective colleges that these schools were not accredited, at that time they checked back into Rancho, MD had no idea they even went back to Rancho. Funa and Ware-Hudson are still at MD and will graduate with the rest of their class. And Yes Bru McCoy graduated early which he as a 4 year MD student had the right to do.

Domingo you are incredibly judgmental and appear to be filled with hate. Maybe not the best representation of a true Catholic. As for the uproar from ex MD ulmni ect., nothing could be further from the truth. Bruce Rollinson's reputation is not tarnished in the eyes of Monarch Nation. Yes they are a few upset people but the number of those is small in the grand scheme of things. There were more people from Monarch Nation upset when MD was getting their ass kicked by Bosco every year. That's when you heard 'oh Rollinson's gotta go, game has passed him by, he's washed up, blah,blah, blah, " Have to give the old guy credit though he kept MD hated even when he was not winning. That's all it is and all it ever is.

Bosco has 16 transfers right now MD has 1. And Sondheimer writes stories like it's the other way around.

Bosco has 4-5 kids kicked out of school recently, some big time football players and you don't hear a word about it. Bosco's top WR goes to a neighboring school during school hours to fight a kid get's beat up , video is out there and you don't hear a word about it.... but 2 knucklehead kids pull an idiotic selfish look at me stunt and have 2 signing days and it's National news.

As for Fat Dave I'm glad he's hoping for full CIF investigation's this year in to transfers because I don't think CIF will do them but I think they will get done. Careful what you wish for Fat Man.

Re-read this and realize that this is High School football. MD/Bosco are absolute freakshows. No respect for what either program has become. They are now known nationally but have become a bad joke locally.

Return to “High School”