[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Boot-edge-edge - Orange County Forums

Boot-edge-edge

ShiftyMutt

Boot-edge-edge

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:14 pm

It's about time someone rocks this boat. It's beyond time to confront the christian right on their hypocrisy and support for the most unchristian president.
Also, good move on tapping into this large voting block and fertile ground. Now if he could change their minds with the obvious. This could fall in line with replacing Pence as the VP for 2020.

I'm liking Mayor Pete

"In light of Trump’s many controversies, Buttigieg couldn’t wrap his mind around how evangelical voters could tolerate the president.

“Even on the version of Christianity that you hear from the religious right, which is about sexual ethics, I can’t believe that somebody who was caught writing hush money checks to adult film actresses is somebody they should be lifting up as the kind of person you want to be leading this nation,” he said."

https://news.yahoo.com/pete-buttigieg-r ... YyWXtA91fw

Wabash

Re: Boot-edge-edge

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:23 pm

christians always give themselves the out.

They claim they are not perfect, just forgiven.

Meanwhile they hold those they don't like to moral purity.

I call it situational morality.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Like I keep saying....

Evangelicals are Zionists. "Support for Israel" however you want to define it, is a couple steps above passing judgement on somebody's morality on their ladder of importance. As long as they're convinced that Democrats hate Israel, Donald could openly have a wing of mistresses living in the White House and they'd still support him. That #&@$!% simple.

As for Buttigieg, very impressive guy but I don't think he's electable in today's America. Maybe next time or maybe as Vice-President, but at the moment I think nominating him would be giving Donald a second term.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Was Trump electable? The bar has never been lower.

He's working the process... Write a book ---> Run for president ---> Collect the royalties.

I like him though. He speaks to a wide range of People.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 pm

The range of people who don't support him is larger.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:45 pm

The number of people who will HATE his opponent will be lower next time as well.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:31 pm

I heard a better pronunciation of his name - Buddha-judge.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:24 pm

I see the right already has some fancy pronunciations for his name. :roll:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:05 pm

He's young and I don't think he's electable at the moment but he has wisdom you don't often see in politics.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Ah.. an actual thinking person back in the White House. No way!

I don't know .. people said Obama was too inexperienced, Trump would never win. Things happen. He's not even announced yet and apparently he's already guaranteed a spot at the debate table. Time will tell.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 am

If you want Christians not to vote for Trump in 2020 then give us a better presidential candidate. Stop telling us how stupid we are and how terrible the current President is. President Trump is not our Pastor and Chief he was the candidate that was closer to our agenda than Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. The DNC and the Clinton campaign cheated Bernie Sanders and that keep Sander voters like my two sons home on election night.

Show me the candidate.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:07 am

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:24 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:34 am

ICYMI. That's a common soundbite with conservatives.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 am

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Why do you guys give Sanders voters a pass?
https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/54581224 ... rvey-finds

Fully 12 percent of people who voted for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries voted for President Trump in the general election. That is according to the data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study — a massive election survey of around 50,000 people.
Schaffner's numbers show that after a bitter Democratic primary, more than 1 in 10 of those who voted in the primaries for the very progressive Sanders ended up voting for the Republican in the general election, rather than for the Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton.
=snip=

If Clinton gets the Sander's votes she's in the White House. :bonk:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Return to “National”