The new immigration plan...

Vilepagan

The new immigration plan...

Postby Vilepagan » Fri May 17, 2019 6:03 am

The trump administration unveiled a new plan to solve the immigration crisis...well...err...unite Republicans ahead of the upcoming election.

JARED KUSHNER’S IMMIGRATION PLAN HAS NO CHANCE OF BECOMING LAW, ACCORDING TO REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS

resident Donald Trump is set to unveil a new immigration proposal Thursday that will address legal immigration and establish a “merit-based” system to give preference to individuals with more high-skilled backgrounds. But the plan, conceived by Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, is meant to unite Republicans—not actually become law.

An indication that the administration does not expect the measure to become law and is only being used as a rallying cry for the GOP heading into the 2020 elections—aside from Republicans and administration officials explicitly saying so—is that it will not address the millions of undocumented immigrants currently residing in the United States. More specifically, the plan will not address the millions of “Dreamers” brought to the country illegally as children and the hundreds of thousands of those immigrants protected by the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA) that shields them from deportation. (DACA recipients are often called Dreamers, after the DREAM Act—Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors—which offered many of the same protections as DACA but never passed Congress.)

"Every single time that we have put forward or anyone else had put forward any type of immigration plan that has included DACA, it's failed,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters. “It's a divisive thing."

www.newsweek.com/republicans-jared-kush ... an-1427444

So no meaningful immigration reform...just more political posturing....just what we need.

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Re: The new immigration plan...

Postby Wabash » Fri May 17, 2019 6:29 am

Trump knows it is DOA. It's going to be used to appeal to his base during the campaign next year.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: The new immigration plan...

Postby John Q. Public » Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 am

New plan same as the old plan that couldn't pass with a Republican-controlled House. It allows immigration by people from Norway who have no reason to immigrate, doesn't address Dreamers and people who are already here and it especially doesn't address our actual needs. The Republican Senators it was presented to even said it was unrealistic.

And strangely, considering all of Donald's other self dealing, it doesn't allow golf course workers or people like Melania's parents. Yet another plan to keep illegals illegal.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “Immigration”