Top 5 Wide Receivers in South Orange County

hit the lights

Re: Top 5 Wide Receivers in South Orange County

Post by hit the lights » Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 am

ASU- they are obviously recruting everyone and anyone. When you lose to Fresno St. in a bowl game infront of millins
of viewers, you have to do something to get kids. Anyway, LH plays the same schedule as last year, never ducking always fighting. Lets hope the stars align. A CDM vs LH game, we can put all this to rest!
Garbers vs Zanelli
Humphreys vs PHILLIPS
Scholm vs Koontz
Redman vs West
etc....
North vs South
Civil war!

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:48 am

I always choose to never knock a student athlete, I think you should and can stand on higher ground. So yes, "anyway", that would be a stellar game. My two hometown teams in a OC CIVIL WAR!
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat May 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Its not knocking a student athlete this is a dicussuon board about football, and its my opinion. so, chill!
You not from LH! STAY PUT AT cdm!

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Always fun to come back to these older threads from the beginning of seasons and off seasons. Can we lay this one to rest now.... Orange County's best receiver south, north, east and west :thumbsup:

Probably considered the highest honor for a high school football player, just 100 nationally, 50 West and 50 East. But just one Orange County Wide Receiver on that list!, congrats Big John! =D> Roster: https://www.nbcsports.com/allamericanbowl/roster

"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:49 pm

What the hell happend with Clark Phillips and Ohio St? Did the semi final game vs Grace have something to do with the flip to Utah?
Also, how is it, LH top WR Koontz
And fastest on the team , doesn't have a offer? I mean even a kid who should probably be a left tackle , played TE and was offered by Washington. Why they all holding out on Koontz??

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:16 pm

Kody Epps

this year:

93 rec.
1735 yds.
18.7 avg.
133.5 pg.
28 TDs

against a far tougher schedule of any of the guys you're talking about...

not even a mention?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:54 am

That is weird? Epps was all over the place for MD. NO OFFERS??
Grades or problem child? JC route.
So Phillips of Lakewood / La Habra flipped on Ohio St, because recruiter went to become HC at BC??
So, why not go to BC, if you had a great relationship? UTAH??? For being that high of a recruit, i would have thought Oregon . Thats the premier school in the pac 12, and only a hop , skip, and a jump from so cal.
I mean, SC destroyed Utah. How good could Utah be? I mean, UCLA was the first to offer after his big game vs Colony. Why Not UCLA? Oh well, good luck to the Phillips family and much success to Clark.
Once again, why are people NOT talking about Koontz? Even Brandon Vasquez put up big numbers, this past season.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:51 am

NO OFFERS??

He signed w/BYU. I was wondering why no one here mentioned him:

BYU Cougars football lands ‘major steal’ with three-star Mater Dei receiver Kody Epps
Speedster from Santa Ana, California, caught 28 touchdown passes last season, called a ‘steal’ for BYU after he chose Cougars over Oregon, others

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2019/12/ ... igning-day

BYU WR signee Kody Epps named USA Today First Team All-American
Big accomplishment for the future Cougar!

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2019/12/ ... l-american
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Stanford Football Early Signing Day: Ten Takeaways
https://247sports.com/college/stanford/ ... 40885424_2

John Humphreys Is On The Way
9578197.jpg

By R.J. Abeytia 19 hours ago

If there’s one thing I’m sure about in this class, it’s that John Humphreys is the real deal.

I wrote a few weeks ago that I think he’s going to start in 2020, and Coach Shaw’s evaluation of him did nothing to curb my enthusiasm. “Obviously, you're going to see him and you’re going to think about JJ Arcega-Whiteside and Simi Fehoko. And for me the first time I saw him, I saw Ed McCaffrey. I saw a tall, long, fast receiver who can make difficult catches but that can also drop his weight and get out of breaks.

That's hard for a guy who's over 6’4” to truly run a curl route and a comeback route but this guy does it just like the 5’11” guys can do it. That's rare. I do think he's the most underrated receiver in the nation. I've watched all the other guys. I think he led the nation in touchdown catches this year and I think he missed two plus games.

What he is is a serious weapon. He's an unbelievably unselfish young man. He's a great teammate. He's a leader. He's one of those guys that you're excited to be around for as long as he's going to be here. I think it's going to be too short even if it's five years because he's one of those guys that you're excited about being around for this long a time.

He's a guy who changes field position and changes games.” We can vouch for this appraisal both on and off the field. Hinton signed as a higher rated recruit, but it’s clear that inside and outside Arrillaga Center the legacy and state champion out of Newport Beach (CA) Corona Del Mar is going to make a great wide receiver room even more dangerous for opponents.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:06 pm

And your 2019 "End of the Year"...... =D>

2019 State End of the Year:
John Humphreys (Corona del Mar, Newport Beach)

We’re calling it “End” of the Year because tight ends would count for it along with receivers and ironically Corona del Mar probably would have the state’s Tight End of the Year as well for the 2019 season with teammate Mark Redman.

Humphreys would be the second straight winner in this category from Orange County following Mr. Football Bru McCoy from last season. The previous OC winner before that, though, would be Thomas Duarte of Mater Dei for 2012. The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Humphreys set the state record with 78 career TD catches, nearly tied the state record this season with 32 TD catches and he ended in the top five all-time for career receiving yards (5,118) and career catches (287).

And oh yes, he played for a Sea Kings’ team that went 16-0 and won the CIF Division 1-A state title. John will play next at Stanford.