Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

hit the lights
Posts: 2328
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby hit the lights » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:55 am

Edison tourney starts today with the freshman
La Habra will take on
Edison
Rancho Cucamonga
St. Paul
Jserra
Bosco

Saturday- Varsity will take on
Cathedral LA
Bosco
Rancho Verde
Buchanan



KuppRunneth
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby KuppRunneth » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:05 pm

embarrassing display at Edison's 7v7 today between La Habra and Cathedral LA. Massive brawl. Parents fighting kids, kids fighting parents, kids v. kids.

50+ in the scrum, at least.

A new low in 7v7 format.

The parents really fueled it, in my opinion. Parents screaming at kids, calling them "kitty cat", soft, garbage.

Embarassed for both sides.

hit the lights
Posts: 2328
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby hit the lights » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:03 pm

Kupp,
Yes a all time low! Cathederal LA displayed a poor sportsmanship between Buchannan a visitor from Fresno, and carried over to a La Habra game. La Habra kids were cheap shotted all game , and finally as the whistle blew and La Habra won, LAC couldnt take it and acted afool again.Sucker punching kids along with their parents. La Habra parents went out to keep the peace and ended up getting jumped by kids and parents of LAST CHANCE U! i SMELL BIG LAWSUITS COMING! Coaches didnt control their kids and parents, and this is the 7 on 7 world we live in. The Scandrick tourney was good, no problems. Could Cathedral and La habra meet in the Finals of the new aligned D-3??? That shizz will be no joke. Both teams were ejected, and im sure we havent heard the end of this. :mex:

KuppRunneth
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby KuppRunneth » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:28 pm

La Habra parents were terrible during the game. TERRIBLE. Taunting the kids, calling them all kinds of names. They fanned the fire. LAC was definitely to blame but La Habra parents did not help the cause.

longtimeobserver
Posts: 1370
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby longtimeobserver » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Toby Schmidt last years Freshmen QB lead the Monarchs to the Championship against St. John Bosco.
MD was undefeated the entire day and won it's 4th straight chamionship. Congratulations Toby and the
entire MD team!!!.

FriarJoe
Posts: 1422
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby FriarJoe » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Congrats to the young Mater Dei QB. I’m sure the Monarchs appreciate him holding the clipboard when next year’s new 4-5 star transfer QB comes on campus.

KuppRunneth
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby KuppRunneth » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:39 pm

What that kid Schmidt did was a head scratcher. His form was awful, but he just kept finding guys open.

I know the Bosco coaches gotta be concerned with todays events. The corners just ain't there and we're less than 2 months away. They have some issues with that secondary in general. And I'm not confident in their pass rush this coming season.

hit the lights
Posts: 2328
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby hit the lights » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:34 am

La Habra parents ??? Kupp, not sure if your confusing the LH parents with LAC parents??? Those coaches, the parents and players that assaulted LH parents and players, should be banned for the season. Any Coach who cannot control their program, needs to be out! I dont think a apology is gonna help. In 22 years, there has been no ejections, La Habra has done the Edison tourney since 2007, no problems. As of late, attitudes and behavior has gotten alot worse, and now you need a full on police convoy to monitor these stupid fake 7 on 7 games. Look at our schools, look at our streets, it all starts at HOME, and there is huge lack of discipline , and respect in this me era. Coaches have been given the opportunity to help guide these kids and parents trust the coaches to make sure their kids are in a good enviornment.
Is your kid in a good enviornment?

OCurbanlegend
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby OCurbanlegend » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:15 am

FriarJoe wrote:Congrats to the young Mater Dei QB. I’m sure the Monarchs appreciate him holding the clipboard when next year’s new 4-5 star transfer QB comes on campus.


yeah Noah Fifita :lol:

OCurbanlegend
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby OCurbanlegend » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:21 am

longtimeobserver wrote:Toby Schmidt last years Freshmen QB lead the Monarchs to the Championship against St. John Bosco.
MD was undefeated the entire day and won it's 4th straight chamionship. Congratulations Toby and the
entire MD team!!!.


Come on man, nobody wants to hear that, if you don't have anything negative to say don't say anything at all. Learn from Friar Joe, he gets it.

KuppRunneth
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby KuppRunneth » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:39 am

hit the lights wrote:La Habra parents ??? Kupp, not sure if your confusing the LH parents with LAC parents??? Those coaches, the parents and players that assaulted LH parents and players, should be banned for the season. Any Coach who cannot control their program, needs to be out! I dont think a apology is gonna help. In 22 years, there has been no ejections, La Habra has done the Edison tourney since 2007, no problems. As of late, attitudes and behavior has gotten alot worse, and now you need a full on police convoy to monitor these stupid fake 7 on 7 games. Look at our schools, look at our streets, it all starts at HOME, and there is huge lack of discipline , and respect in this me era. Coaches have been given the opportunity to help guide these kids and parents trust the coaches to make sure their kids are in a good enviornment.
Is your kid in a good enviornment?

i was sitting with the La Habra parents for the last 10 minutes of the game. Actually 5 feet from Clark Phillips Dad.

The parents were awful. Not him, necessarily, but the others in the bleachers.

I don't care what Cathedral did, no parents should EVER yell/taunt at any kid from the stands. Literally calling them soft, wet, garbage, word for "kitty cat". It was disgusting. The parents were getting in the kids heads and the loss that occurred on the last play of the game was the tipping point.

Everybody was at fault, refs, parents/kids from both sides. But i was with the La Habra side and I was stunned at the yelling that was being done at the kids.

Look, I came in the last 10 minutes of the game so I didnt see what was going on for the entire game, and I know it was chippy, but the parents were just terrible.

User avatar
Al Koholik
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby Al Koholik » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:57 am

FriarJoe wrote:Congrats to the young Mater Dei QB. I’m sure the Monarchs appreciate him holding the clipboard when next year’s new 4-5 star transfer QB comes on campus.


No truer words...
They’ve got a big-time blue chipper on the hook. Can they reel him/steal him from a land far far away....

(crypto hint)
A direction
A body of water
Archie’s real name

The MD recruiting coordinator is working this one HARD. And for good reason. Kid’s a cant miss.

And that’s all I’m sayin’.

User avatar
Al Koholik
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby Al Koholik » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:09 am

KuppRunneth wrote:i was sitting with the La Habra parents for the last 10 minutes of the game. Actually 5 feet from Clark Phillips Dad.

The parents were awful. Not him, necessarily, but the others in the bleachers.

I don't care what Cathedral did, no parents should EVER yell/taunt at any kid from the stands. Literally calling them soft, wet, garbage, word for "kitty cat". It was disgusting. The parents were getting in the kids heads and the loss that occurred on the last play of the game was the tipping point.

Everybody was at fault, refs, parents/kids from both sides. But i was with the La Habra side and I was stunned at the yelling that was being done at the kids.

Look, I came in the last 10 minutes of the game so I didnt see what was going on for the entire game, and I know it was chippy, but the parents were just terrible.


Wow! I’m flabbergasted. I can’t ever remember pointing out the horribly irresponsible and (in this and MANY cases as of late) reprehensible parenting that permeates Youth and HS athletics. Shocking.
Love to see video of the “Brouhaha at the Beach”. I’m sure someone has it.
But alas, like the recent youth baseball riot (women wielding bats) video, there is no shaming these idiots as there is no shame amongst thugs and the limbic nature (translation: acting like f’n animals) of their cerebral processing finds them incapable of controlling such impulses.
Sadly, it ALL starts AT HOME.

dont be that guy
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:58 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby dont be that guy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:43 am

hit the lights wrote:Kupp,
Yes a all time low! Cathederal LA displayed a poor sportsmanship between Buchannan a visitor from Fresno, and carried over to a La Habra game. La Habra kids were cheap shotted all game , and finally as the whistle blew and La Habra won, LAC couldnt take it and acted afool again.Sucker punching kids along with their parents. La Habra parents went out to keep the peace and ended up getting jumped by kids and parents of LAST CHANCE U!


So, according to your clearly unbiased reporting here, La Habra were simply innocent victims. The parents were respectful and quiet and even did a fine job of running on the field to STOP the fighting? Okay, sure. I'll wait for the video to see for myself.

I have been to enough 7v7 Tournaments to know that it has become the AAU of football; scum of the earth parents talking trash to other patents and opposing players. Players talking trash after every catch or deflection. It has become bottom-of-the-barrel entertainment for the "Al Bundy" dads of the world. It has outlived it's purpose, it should just go back to teams having 7v7 scrimmages to work on their passing games (and defense.) These tournaments are becoming an embarrassment.

Navin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby Navin » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:34 pm

I've seen La Habra up close during summer 7 on 7 numerous times and what I see is a team playing summer ball no pads chippy tough guy. It usually starts with defensive players playing 2 hand thud instead of 2 hand touch as per the rules... coaches often look the other way long enough to where things can escalate as opposing players and coaches start to get pissed. In local matchups many of the opposing teams have enough class and control of their players to not let it go melee... but apparently LA Cathedral is not one of those teams. I love the violence (per the rules) of the 11 on 11 game, but physical summer teams IMHO are bush league...

cruiser
Posts: 2903
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby cruiser » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm

..on a side note, just a thought, why wasn't the #1 HS pro type QB at the elite 11 camp, instead of the Edision
tourney, hmm; makes one wonder, no?

KuppRunneth
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby KuppRunneth » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:54 pm

cruiser wrote:Source of the post ..on a side note, just a thought, why wasn't the #1 HS pro type QB at the elite 11 camp, instead of the Edision
tourney, hmm; makes one wonder, no?

what are you implying?

Dj had enough of those camps that don't involve his team. He's ready to get to work with his high school teammates. Plain and simple

hocyouthguy
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby hocyouthguy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Exactly. He competes in the toughest league in the nation, and it will be a war yet again. He’s never beaten MD when it counts and you best believe that’s priority #1 for him. Of course, as a MD alum myself, I hope he doesn’t, but come on ppl, he’s already locked in with the best team in the nation next year at Clemson. He has nothing to prove. And as a Clemson nut living in the Carolinas, I am PSYCHED!

User avatar
Al Koholik
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 am

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby Al Koholik » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 pm

Which begs the question why Young wasn’t with his team or, in a broader sensibility, what purpose does Elite 11 serve? How many Elite 11 kids are uncommitted, let alone in need of higher profile/bigger offers?
If you’re on of the top 11 QB’s in the country, in this day and age, what could the camp possibly do for a kid?
Yeah, yeah... “Competing against the best”... blah, blah, blah.
It’s a money-machine athlete exploiting farce.

OutOfState
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby OutOfState » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:20 pm

Al Koholik wrote:Source of the post what could the camp possibly do for a kid?

It’s called ego waxing.
I completely agree Al. BY has nothing to prove and IMO these camps do nothing but pimp the kids. Camps in general are certainly important and definitely serve a purpose for players trying to earn a scholarship, but for BY this obviously isn’t the case.

Return to “High School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GrapeshotCrawler, Proximic [Bot] and 12 guests