La Habra opens with Upland

hit the lights

La Habra opens with Upland

Postby hit the lights » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:16 am

La Habra will open on the road Thursday night vs Defending CIF champion Upland and the Flowe brothers.
Returning for Upland is QB Evan Rowe, elusive and Barry sanders like RB Dedman, Jerome Bettis like Ford as the other
RB. Upland does lose alot of talent though. Could this be La Habra's time to get one, as the Clan returns
many stars. Ryan Zanelli at QB, Kris Koontz wr, Louden at RB, cp3 at wr, mason west /wr.
Daniel Barrales on the Dline will bring the pressure, along with Isaiah Rosas, and Justin Brewer.
I'm sure it will be a good one and it will come down to whos prepared best for this game.
Upland has a new coach in D. Thomas, or i should say, new HEAD coach , Thomas has been on staff for some time.
Who will claim the Highlander name?? :mex:

KuppRunneth

Re: La Habra opens with Upland

Postby KuppRunneth » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:10 am

great game. Is this televised on Prep Zone or anywhere?

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:15 am

Great match up between two public powers, thanks for the dope HTL always good stuff...This match up sets the table as Mission plays both in pre-league play 2019.

Top 5 public’s CC, MV, CDM, LH, Upland, no particular order...

Great football on tap for OC “year of the public’s”

LH looking very tough this year, MV will take on the Highlanders week 2 and MV knows they will have their work cut for them.

Better watch out for Z, 3 and the Boyz...

Good luck to the Highlanders on the road! Get it!

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks PTG! I dont believe this game will be on prep zone.
I did notice on prep zone so cal top 20 rankings, MV AT 4, CDM at 8, LH at 18, and Upland at 20.
This is a game that La Habra should win on the road. Updates ahead...... :thumbsup:

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 pm

La Habra Highlanders hold on to claim 21-14 victory.
The Clan started fast taking a 21- 7 halftime lead as Vasquez and Koontz torched the Upland Highlanders.
Zanelli was almost flawless ripping through the Upland D. La Habra did get a bit conservative in the second half, scoring
0 points. Upland started the game, trying to pass, but lets just say, losing all of your wideouts hurts and it showed.
Rowe Could not connect and finally after second half adjustments Upland did what they do best, RUN! Run with Dedmond, Ford AND Flowe. La Habras D showed up big stopping 5 star recruit Flowe on a 4-1. Flowe was the bright spot on Offense for Upland. Upland is a shell of what they were a year ago, definatly NOT d-1!
It was A good night for the clan. week 0 down, and REV up next at home. I must mention La Habra did play the game without Mason West, (UDUB COMMIT) and Koontz on the sideline for most the night with cramps. Vasquez and Franco picked up the slack and Ryan Louden RB, for LH rumbled for a 100 yds on the ground. Oh Yeah, almost forgot , Clark Phillips, had 2 picks as well. Not bad for first week. I did kinda want to see the killer instinct in LH, stepping on the throttle full speed, and continue dominating Upland, but i think Mazzotta is focused and smells the CIF CHAMPIONSHIP, on the horizen with ring number 8 awaiting. He decided to get work in and let Louden and Franco pound the Upland D. :mex:

2002tony

Postby 2002tony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 pm

wow..very impressive for LH, what a great way to start thee year!!!!! Congrats on the win..Thanks for the write up HTL

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:57 am

Thanks Tony. I believe the Clan is inspired by the late passing of long time line coach Frank Thompson.
Each player has a sticker on their helmet in remembrance "FT".
Leadership is huge this year as CP3 and Zanelli are focused and have had vision all off season. La Habra is deep, in alot of areas, and reminds me of the Clemsons of the world, constant rotation, and no drop off. Alot of athletes.
LH might not always pass the eye ball test, but count on a physical game with alot of heart and determination.
#bluecollar
#sizeemup
#underdawgs
#mindset

scj60

Postby scj60 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 am

I know they have MV and Calabasas ahead of them. I think they take 1 of those 2 games and then run the table to win the division.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:55 am

That sounds good, and actually I can see this team going undeafeated.
MV and Calabasas are two tough teams that can turn it on in a second and
Have it 40 -0 at halftime, if you don't secure the rock and turn the ball over.
Play all phases of the game good and the trenches. I do believe La Habra has the leadership on both sides of the ball
And everyone is all in! Los Al , CDM, and a couple others are right there with being a challenge if you don't do the little things right. It will definitely take a TEAM effort and a chip on the shoulder.

Return to “High School”