MD vs CC Friday, Cannot be as bad as last year

NeilMcCauley

Re: MD vs CC Friday, Cannot be as bad as last year

Postby NeilMcCauley » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 pm

I think That 1997 Herman Ho Ching Poly team that beat the incredibly talented monarchs team in the finals is one of the best. The linemen were likewarriors. This is coming from an MD fan.

The 1999 DLS team that destroyed MD 48-0 (who later tied poly in the finals and was ss cif #1 division champs) was also as good as it gets.

I also think the 2017 monarchs were something special as well, but wonder how all 3 teams mentioned above would do against each other. DJ William's was just unstoppable, and ran all over Grootegood, and we saw what he did against Poly in the finals. Also Groots was starting at QB vs DLS, I wonder how MD would have done with Leinart at the helmet and Groots/Palacios behind him and Diulio and the other Sr wide receiver (forget his name) would have done against that Poly team.

But those 3 are my top 3

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:48 am

if I remember correctly, that despite LB Poly having a tradition-rich Football history, the main reason why LB Poly never won a National Title or just never finished the season number 1 in the Nation, was it because when LB Poly was at its best, it was because it was during DLS winning streak? So the sports media payed attention to DLS more than LB Poly?

or was it because, when LB Poly was at its best, they lost when it mattered the most? It is shocking for a HS program that has sent more players to the NFL than any other High School in the U.S.

So overall, the 1997 LB Poly team should be considered the best in the schools history? because I've often heard that the 2001 LB Poly team is among them as well.

NeilMcCauley

Postby NeilMcCauley » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:15 am

Yes, I believe so. The lines were monsters, and the MD team they beat was legit and #1 in the nation in some polls. The entire game is on youtube, I believe, so you can check it out for yourself and let me know what youd think, I'd love to hear.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:50 am

Red wrote:PTG wasn't writing this when BJ was stealing players from other schools or painting footballs
LOL

That's right, I was doing what you guys do now! Suck it up butter cup, goes with the territory...

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:02 pm

A wounded Centennial Husky squad taking on Liberty (NV), licking its wounds from an a** whipping last week by Bosco in the Poly Classic in Vegas.

Will be interesting to see how that one turns out.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 pm

UPDATE: Centennial smacks Liberty 63-29. Liberty now 0-4.

Combined record of Bosco’s 4 opponents is 4-8. But to be fair, 4 of those losses were to Bosco, and their next opponent Mililani (HI) is 5-0 (beat Surfboard Academy 220-6 tonight in Honolulu, probably).

Mililani actually beat Liberty a couple weeks ago, so LHS just can’t catch a break.

Return to “High School”