Servite - No Class Tonight

RedPillWonderland

Re: Servite - No Class Tonight

Post by RedPillWonderland » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:04 am

KuppRunneth wrote: F Gorman. They should have been playing Bosco but instead, chickened out.

Servite should have been playing Liberty.
Hmmm.

People have been saying the same thing about Bosco choosing to play Good Counsel in this week’s TRINITY v USA showcase that they are hosting, instead of St Frances — who was matched up with Mater Dei.

Just saying ...

bodhi

Post by bodhi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:15 am

Why would Bosco play St. Frances? It is the Number 1(Mater Dei) vs Number 2 (St. Frances) in the nation on Saturday.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 am

Having experienced the “beat down game” two takeaways” from the experience. 1.) You never had a chance 2.) You now know what it’s gonna take to do what you wanna do...
Last edited by Playthegame on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

OC51football

Post by OC51football » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:04 am

Bosco’s schedule is stacked. Liberty is good, not a top 10 team, but will be competing for a state championship in NV. Bosco already killed the #5 team (Demantha), and will also play two top #50 teams before league starts - Good Counsel #43 and Milliami #39. This is all before playing Mater Dei (#1) and a very good JSerra (#48) team in League Play.

Scheduling an Inland Empire, unranked in CIF polls, D-10 school like JW North would have been the “chicken” move. This is a reflection on the coaches, not The Buckeyes. Sorry, I meant the players.

I think Bosco deserves to have a game against “an easy team” due to their highly competitive schedule.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:10 am

Any team that wants to play another team regardless of division deserves the right to play the game.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:27 am

Apparently some people think you can schedule whoever you want, whenever you want, and wherever you want. I didn't know that was a thing.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:13 am

It’s a thing like picking winning lotto numbers is a thing...

Skmns

Post by Skmns » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Having watched the Gorman/Servite game...these are my takes...Barfield can fly...got loose twice and it was 6 points each time. Fuentes did not play a down the whole game, not sure if if he was hurt but was dressed...Servite other running backs are better pass blockers than runners. O-Line did a reasonable job protecting Fifita. Fifita was high on a number of passes including one in the end zone at the end of the half to T-Mac...should have been 6 points and one other thrown high was turned into an interception. Not Fifita's best game...We'll see what happens as the season progress...If they put Huston Thomas at RB, they might have a better ground game..

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 am

joefutbol wrote: Apparently some people think you can schedule whoever you want, whenever you want, and wherever you want. I didn't know that was a thing.
Apparently some people actually think you CAN’T schedule whoever you want if you are hosting a showcase at your own high school, and on your own field. I didn’t know blatant stupidity was a thing.

2002tony

Post by 2002tony » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:05 am

It is a thing, you have shown it...just because you host it, at your field, doesnt mean every team that you may want to come play is waiting around for you to announce your having it and they just may have already scheduled other teams to play during that weekend and/or they are in the second year of a two year home/away contract and dont have that date open and by your comment and thinking Bosco must not have had the foresight to ask those teams to save the date that had not been announced or known yet to come play two years ago.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:56 am

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Apparently some people actually think you CAN’T schedule whoever you want if you are hosting a showcase at your own high school, and on your own field. I didn’t know blatant stupidity was a thing.
What, exactly, does your comment have to do with Servite playing at JW North in a week 1 game that wasn't part of a showcase?
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack removed

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:20 am

joefutbol wrote: What, exactly, does your comment have to do with Servite playing at JW North in a week 1 game that wasn't part of a showcase?
What, exactly, prevented you from reading the posts on this very page regarding two different showcases, including one that Servite just played in (after playing in a week 1 JW North game that no one cares about).
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 am

Children....
Don't look at me, I just work here.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:37 am

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:What, exactly, prevented you from reading the posts on this very page regarding two different showcases, including one that Servite just played in (after playing in a week 1 JW North game that no one cares about).
Nothing. You're calling me stupid because you think I don't know anything about something I'm not even talking about.

What prevented you from reading the posts on this very page regarding JW North and, you know, the topic of this thread?

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

joefutbol wrote: You're calling me stupid because you think I don't know anything about something I'm not even talking about.
I’m not calling you anything. You’re unnecessarily taking offense to me using the word stupidity to refer to people making ridiculous claims about the way showcases (like the one Servite was just in) are scheduled — which you yourself say you don’t want to discuss. I can’t control which part of a conversation that you decide to senselessly barge into and get sensitive about.
joefutbol wrote: What prevented you from reading the posts on this very page regarding JW North and, you know, the topic of this thread?
The topic of this thread is, you know, Servite. Including the comments on this page about their most recent game against Gorman, at Gorman’s showcase, the Polynesian Classic. JW North has barely been mentioned on this page, because the game was a blowout from two weeks ago and no one cares about that game. The topic of this thread is Servite. And anything related which people decide to talk about.

No one is required to only talk about the Servite games that you decide are ok. Or start a whole new Servite thread because you don’t like the way people are talking anymore (stomp stomp whine whine). If we only talked about Servite’s wins it would be a short thread. Get over yourself bud.

watcher1111

Post by watcher1111 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Skmns,Fuentes is recovering from knee surgery and Fifita throws a lot of high passes when T Mac is involved. He relies on him being able to jump (because he can) to get them. May have worked better in pop warner but not so much in high school. Fuentes is definitely the best RB but not sure when he'll be ready to go.

OC51football

Post by OC51football » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 pm

You forgot to also mention that Servite’s passing attack also worked well in passing league, in addition to the Buckeyes Glory days...

OC51football

Post by OC51football » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:49 pm

I was a Servite fan two years ago, when Servite shouldn’t have lost to MV. I also was impressed with them in the beginning of last year’s season when they played a very good Bakersfield team. I was going to send my son to play there, but he didn’t play youth football for the Buckeyes. How weird that I let him play with his school friends instead having him play with all these random kids just have “a chance” to play on Servite’s team when he got to high school.

All pre-season I was hearing about how “awesome” this year’s team was going to be and this is going to be the year Servite will make a strong statement in the Trinity League.

Two weeks into the season, the truth came out about all the OC Buckeyes favoritism. Servite beats one crap team and all of a sudden they unstoppable. I know because I know a lot of parents that have sons on the team or have sons that played there.

I saw the YouTube video of the Gorman game (link below) and the team looked like crap and you can see how awful the Oline and Defense are.

Films speak louder than words and you can see how “great” the Buckeyes did against Gorman.

My son’s team may or may not beat Servite’s freshman team this year, but at least next year, I don’t have to worry about him being beat out of a starting Varsity job because he wasn’t a Buckeye or because I won’t play the politics that Servite coaches and parents play...

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:44 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:I’m not calling you anything. You’re unnecessarily taking offense to me using the word stupidity to refer to people making ridiculous claims about the way showcases (like the one Servite was just in) are scheduled — which you yourself say you don’t want to discuss. I can’t control which part of a conversation that you decide to senselessly barge into and get sensitive about.

The topic of this thread is, you know, Servite. Including the comments on this page about their most recent game against Gorman, at Gorman’s showcase, the Polynesian Classic. JW North has barely been mentioned on this page, because the game was a blowout from two weeks ago and no one cares about that game. The topic of this thread is Servite. And anything related which people decide to talk about.

No one is required to only talk about the Servite games that you decide are ok. Or start a whole new Servite thread because you don’t like the way people are talking anymore (stomp stomp whine whine). If we only talked about Servite’s wins it would be a short thread. Get over yourself bud.
Your perception of reality is fascinating. Apology accepted.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:45 pm

OC51football wrote: I know because I know a lot of parents that have sons on the team or have sons that played there.
If Jimmy's dad says so, that's good enough for me, too.