[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young? - Orange County Forums

What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young?

RoadRunner

What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young?

Postby RoadRunner » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:40 am

Read this on another forum.

What HS QB coming out of Cali is more accomplished than Bryce Young? After you name him, name his level comp and accomplishments

Thoughts?
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made the title describe the topic

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: QUESTION

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:10 am

Roadrunner outdoes Red by putting the worst possible topic title in ALL CAPS. =D>
Don't look at me, I just work here.

RoadRunner

Re: What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young?

Postby RoadRunner » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:19 am

Lol....

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 am

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Not sure what "more accomplished" means...stats? awards? titles? offers?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:16 pm

I guess it's safe to say that Bryce Young is better than JT Daniels? but ya, I have to tip my hat off to Bryce Young, even though I dislike MD.

credofriar

Postby credofriar » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Are we including his accomplishments at cathedral before he was bought by mater dei? Asking for a friend.

OCurbanlegend

Postby OCurbanlegend » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:08 pm

we can if you want but it's probably not necessary since what he has done at MD alone is probably enough..

Kuppster

Postby Kuppster » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:11 pm

He's the best I've ever seen.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:25 pm

I remember back when JT left someone interviewed or asked him about Bryce and he made a comment that MD will be fine with Bryce and likely better. --:-- can't remember where i saw that thought...

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:53 pm

It will be amazing to see if he carries Bama to Natty's...he sure looks like he is...the Magic Man..

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:06 pm

I think I remember Rollo saying after the monster 2017 MD team finished its season, he said JT Daniels is the best QB he's ever had, but now it looks like Rollo might change his mind and say Bryce Young was even better.

I remember many years ago, many people thought Matt Leinart was going to be the best QB Rollo ever coached at MD for the remainder of Rollo's tenure at MD, then Matt Barkley came along and people said it was Barkley, then JT Daniels, now it looks to be Bryce Young. MD has definetley been a huge QB factory during the Rollo era.

I believe no other high school comes close to that not just in California, but all of the USA as well right?

ocfootball

Postby ocfootball » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Maybe the ones who won a Heisman

Domingo

Postby Domingo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Please people. Please. BY is a fine QB and could turn out to be one of the finest we've ever seen but can you tell me what QB in CA State History has had more D1 players on his team playing with him (on both sides of the ball) than the last two QB's at Mater Dei and St. John Bosco?? These 4 QB's (BY and JT at MD and Rosen and DJ at SJB) have been at the helm of the most talented football teams in CA State history. Teams that have been assembled from throughout Southern California in ways we've never seen before. Teams that start legitimate college football players at EVERY single position. It's not too difficult to put up crazy QB stats when you're literally a double-digit favorite in every game you play in and every kid on your offense has a D1 offer. Not to mention the defenses you're playing against 98% of the time are full of regular high school football players who are lucky if they play JV ball after high school.

Let's put things into proper perspective people. Two years ago everyone was saying JT was the Greatest QB in CA State History. Now he's about to enter the transfer portal because a 3-star QB no one ever heard of is about to take his job at SC. Perspective people.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 pm

Domingo,

You forgot Re-Al Mitchell. The last SJB QB to win CIF. :)

Since MD played a national schedule against top California, Arizona, Maryland and DC teams I think Bryce Youngs stats are more impressive. Yea he was surrounded with talent, but, they played against teams that had talent too.

I'll keep it short, i'm sure you need to get back and watch some All in the Family re-runs.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:56 pm

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

OldSunsetFan

Postby OldSunsetFan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:40 am

Al Koholik

Postby Al Koholik » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:34 pm

I'd be very interested to see a list of Elite 11 participants (or top 10 ESPN rated HS QB's) over the last 5-10 years along with their current/ultimate destiny in NCAA/NFL. I think people who have a realistic grasp on QB projections beyond HS will see where I'm going with this.
There are so many factors that have bearing on the equation of QB success at next levels that I find this thread of speculation pretty amusing.
And to project ANY HS QB as a "sure thing" or "can't miss" at the college level is just stupid. And to speculate on the NFL future of a HS QB is the height of ignorance. Heck, the NFL can't even bat .500 on speculation out of college. The road to the NFL is littered with "Can't Misses" and Heisman winners out of the league in 3 years.
Who was the kid that was the greatest 8th grade QB ever a few years back where Lane K. offered him and Clarkson said he's a can't miss? David Sills. Decommited from SC, WV moved him to Rec, so he went to ElCo and played QB (a Clarkson [self-interest] inspired venture)... and then went back to WV and played rec. with much success and now a Practice Squad WR in NFL. Thus, athletically talented enough to sniff the NFL but not good enough to play college QB.
QB at the NFL level is the most rare air in professional sports. There are 32 teams but there ain't 32 NFL QB's that are, or can consistently be, successful. There's about 10 or 12. The rest are solid back-ups or part of the revolving door that is the NFL. The NFL has yet to find an algorithm to determine, from all available measurables, whether a QB will have success. Because, as Brady has showed us again and again, the intangibles that determine such success, by definition, cannot be measured... just witnessed in real time. It's a crap shoot. Period.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:21 pm

I think one's definition of accomplished would possibly clarify the question a little better.

Accomplished: proficient as the result of practice or training. also : skillfully done or produced. established beyond doubt or dispute. These are terms or definitions of "accomplished".

Are we talking Wins? Yards? Touchdowns? League Titles? Championships? Off season success? Camps, 7v7? Elite 11? Off field success? Classroom success? Scholarships? Community? Leadership? If you were to take all of these in to consideration I believe there to be others in the conversation.

There is no doubt Bryce Young plays for the undisputed best team in high school football. Mater Dei. So does that alone make him the most "accomplished? So to say there is simply "nobody" as accomplished is a stretch. The questions Omar B. posed above are the same questions I would ask.

Here are some of the most "accomplished QB's in AMERICA. The Elite 11. After 10 games played, the guy standing at the top in yardage and touchdowns is Ethan Garbers of Corona del Mar. He also leads Orange County in the same stats. So if you are to discount every player whom doesn't play on a national championship team or even a D1 California state team then you are short sided. Because what some of you have pointed out, there is no formula at the top (NFL) on whom is best based on the criteria some of you put forth in claiming nobody else should even be in the conversation.

E1110games.png

Like the debate in most sport when it comes to MVP or versus whom is "Best" there is different interpretations, most valuable or best. There is the same within the context of "accomplished.

Return to “High School”