What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young?

Omar Bongo

Re: What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young?

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:48 pm

SK80 wrote:Well from what I know and hear #%@^*&"+-V@>!#x, I%)=$^/x@s^666~oO,<-#....!(The above statement has been screened, masked and covered in an attempt to not pass nor be accused of passing false "rumors".)
Sorry, thought you were an "insider"... :shrug:

FWIW, 247Sports "Crystal Ball® Predictions":

Image - 100%

https://247sports.com/player/ethan-garbers-46053994/
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Sure... but that was at 100% before yesterday.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Most UW kids who have committed to them go not because of CP, but because of guys like Jimmy Lake. I'd be stunned if Garbers reverses decision.

Young men love Lake.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Sorry, thought you were an "insider"... :shrug: On occasion your thinking is correct

FWIW, 247Sports "Crystal Ball® Predictions": I believe it has stated that for a year

Image - 100% Is anything really ever...?

https://247sports.com/player/ethan-garbers-46053994/
@Kupp Yes and no...., there are many angles here starting with whom recruited you, what side of the ball do you play on..., and how does a head coach now known for his defensive mind work out for an offensive player especially the development of a QB.

I'm not going to make any claims here, just outline what I think you have to look at objectively.

First, Garbers had many D1 offers and put his trust in Washington. He was 100% in and committed early.

There is no doubt a position player will look directly at whom recruited him. A QB will look to the Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. That man is Bush Hamdon. Coach Hamdon a former QB under Coach Petersen at Boise State is Washingtons present Offensive Coordinator. So what happens now to a young high school QB commit whom has lost his Offensive minded head coach and the possibility in the coming weeks the entire offensive side of the ball and its coaching staff get shaken up?

Read this article on what potentially can happen when a defensive mind takes over an offensive mind at the head coaching position at a big time football program. The Huskies have shown proficiency the past couple seasons under Coach Lake, yet they have struggled recently at scoring and moving the ball. The head coach is now gone, next man in line on the offensive side is Hammond.

New Husky head coach Jimmy Lake needs to fix UW’s offense. Does that mean parting with Bush Hamdan? https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... sh-hamdan/

I have no idea what new Coach Lake will do. He has proven himself on the defensive side of the ball to the point Alabama has been trying to get him. But it is obvious he needs to make the offense right. He probably has a couple weeks to think all this through. Is Petersen's as well as Hamdon's offense the type he wants to run now? If not what type of players fit into a possible new scheme? And that line of thought leads right to the biggest offensive question out there, at QB, "Pro" or "Dual"? So if there is one position or one player that may be impacted most I can make a case it's the quarterback.

@Kupp again, you claim most kids committed to UW are going for Jimmy Lake? So I am to believe that Ethan chose UW as a QB because of a defensive coordinator? Hadn't heard that one yet on the CDM campus.

@Joefutbol "Sure... but that was at 100% before yesterday." agree if anything, or is it something like taxes 99% and death 100% :lol:

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am

you're right. I didnt mean to lump in Garbers with the "most kids" comment. I just mentioned him because I know he loves UW. The only way I see him changing is if someone else comes out and offers. I dont see him going to any of the other schools that have offered him. UCLA could be interesting. But i dont see him switching to anyone else unless another school comes out and offers him. Schools should be contacting him since CP stepped down.

Would Lake get rid of Bush Hamdan and risk losing Garbers? I dont think so.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:15 pm

Kuppster wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am
you're right. Correction accept!

I just mentioned him because I know he loves UW. He does.

The only way I see him changing is if someone else comes out and offers. Thats a no brainer in todays cut throat recruiting game.

I don't see him going to any of the other schools that have offered him. I'm inclined to agree with you here, however see above..., "someone else".

UCLA could be interesting. It's no secret Chip Kelly was all over CDM and trying hard to get Garbers, Redman and Humphreys.

"Chip Kelly sat in the Orange County high school classroom and made his pitch for the trio of prospects.
“He goes, ‘I want these kids bad,’ ” Corona del Mar football coach Dan O’Shea recalled of the 90-minute conversation with his UCLA counterpart. “ ‘They’re the type of kids I’m looking for; they’d be great fits for the program.’ ”
https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... recruiting

But I dont see him switching to anyone else unless another school comes out and offers him. Schools should be contacting him since CP stepped down. There you go in your own words!

Would Lake get rid of Bush Hamdan and risk losing Garbers? I dont think so. Very good point. If Lake does not want Hamden yet still wants Garbers he will have to put someone in the position that gives Garbers good reason to stay on. Ball is in Lake's court. Cards now stacked in his deck.
Remember, Garbers and family are well represented, they have been here before with Chase, no pun intended but they know the playing field, how to manage "a" or "the" game.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:18 am

I guess this answers your question...no one.

Congratulations, B!

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Bravo Bryce, although you are Pasadena, glad you represented Orange County football with you choice to play for the Monarchs. Wish it had ended a bit differently but losing is part of being the ultimate winner.

Good luck at Bama! :thumbsup:

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 pm

I wonder if DJ will win the National Player of the year award, his comeback victory against MD should help him win that

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:00 pm

Nah, Bryce deserves that award this year. His season was flat out amazing.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:53 pm

I don't know about other national individual HSFB award(s) but the Gatorade award(s) are
not decided just by the on-field play/stats BUT also ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND CHARACTER, fyi

jb914

Post by jb914 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:20 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 pm
I wonder if DJ will win the National Player of the year award, his comeback victory against MD should help him win that
only 3 nominated for national Gatorade POY. Bryce and two kids from back east (sorry don't remember the names)

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Great article on ESPN.com (paywall):

Alabama QB Commit Bryce Young Not Afraid of Big Expectations, Big Names Ahead of Him

Tua Tagovailoa's emergence not only helped Alabama win the 2018 national championship over Georgia. It not only impacted the Crimson Tide's quarterback plans and Jalen Hurts' future. But he also indirectly impacted the recruitment of quarterback Bryce Young and the long-term future at Alabama.

Young, the No. 1-ranked QB in the Class of 2020, committed to Alabama after he decommitted from USC, in part because of the path Tagovailoa paved for an undersized, dual-threat quarterback.

"Three years ago, we never would have considered Alabama," Young's father, Craig, said. "Even though it's an amazing institution, they weren't throwing the ball like that. They weren't [dual-threat]. The Tua offense at Alabama isn't what it had historically been, so prior to three years ago, I don't think we would have considered Alabama, and I don't think they would have considered Bryce."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... -ahead-him
George Will

Donald Trump