The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Omar Bongo

Re: The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:17 am

These guys don't even bother to get their stories straight...

In an interview for BillOReilly.com, O'Reilly asked the president what Giuliani was "doing in Ukraine on your behalf.":

"Well, you have to ask that to Rudy, but Rudy, I don't, I don't even know," said Mr. Trump. "I know he was going to go to Ukraine, and I think he canceled a trip," the president continued. "But, you know, Rudy has other clients, other than me. I'm one person." [Interesting since in May Giuliani told the NYT, "My only client is the president of the United States."] Trump then denied that he had ever directed Giuliani to go to Ukraine on his behalf...

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, that...

O'Reilly again pressed Mr. Trump on whether he had asked Giuliani to travel to Ukraine or to pressure the U.S. ally:

"Giuliani's your personal lawyer," O'Reilly said. "So you didn't direct him to go to Ukraine to do anything or put any heat on them?"

"No, I didn't direct him, but...he's done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years, and I think — I mean, that's what I heard. I might have even read that someplace..."
[FTR in his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Giuliani's name was mentioned four times — twice by Trump and twice by Zelensky.]

:roll: :roll:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBXomhl
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:11 am

Rudy might want to stay away from nearby bus routes.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:50 am

Last step of the Trump cycle is to admit he did it and let the minions defend it.

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Now Sondland is accused of grabbing some women by the cat hairs. That PR spin cycle for the GOP took way to long to dig this **** up.

The current heads of the Republican party are killing the reputation of regular citizens in the same way Al Sharpton made people think black folk were ignorant.
I am The Voice of Reason

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Three women say they faced sexual misconduct by Gordon Sondland before he was the U.S. ambassador to the European Union...

Fascinating how this was a non-issue when he was appointed... :eh?:

Another woman, a work associate at the time, says Sondland exposed himself to her during a business interaction

Strange, with super-rich dudes it's usually the woman...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 pm

:shock:
A new Washington Post report now reveals that as Giuliani has been churning away at his Biden conspiracies, in Ukraine he's been using those contacts as business opportunities. The Post reports that Giuliani drafted an arrangement last February to represent Ukrainian prosecutor Yuri Lutsenko, for at least $200,000, and assist in Ukrainian efforts to recover allegedly stolen Ukrainian funds.The negotiations also proposed payments to Fox News analysts and lawyers Victoria Toensing and Joe diGenova for the same services. A separate negotiation would have had the three lawyers being paid $300,000 directly by the Ukrainian Ministry of Justice.All of this was happening simultaneous to Giuliani, Toensing, and diGenova’s efforts to pressure Ukrainian officials for "investigations" of Joe Biden and his family. It was also happening as Giuliani's now-indicted associates were allegedly making illegal campaign donations to former Congressman Pete Sessions,
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1 ... ambassador

Trump cult logic. I don't care if Rudy and his crew were trying to line their pockets in Ukraine because the Biden's did the same thing........ and that makes you liberals/progressive/democrats hypocrites.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:45 pm

I need a flow chart for all this. :eh?:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:38 pm

Chief Brody read that and muttered "You're gonna need a bigger spigot"
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:41 pm

Hunter Biden read it and filed for a retroactive pay raise
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Numerous outlets are reporting that Trump will not testify in person at the Judiciary Committee.

#snowflake.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:07 pm

Nor will his lawyers. Not that they have any kind of defense, but I'm not sure what the strategy is. If they have one. Not that "strategy" and "Trump" are often used in the same sentence.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Indeed, I believe that's a first, congratulations.
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this, maybe the WTF thread would be more appropriate. Still not sure it's not from The Onion...

Lindsay Graham today:

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham on Tuesday said he is "1,000% confident" that Russia, not Ukraine, meddled in the 2016 US presidential election, breaking from President Donald Trump and others in his party who have pushed the discredited conspiracy theory.

"It was the Russians. I'm 1,000% confident that the hack of the DNC was by Russian operatives, no one else," the South Carolina senator told reporters on Capitol Hill.

He reiterated his stance to CNN saying, "I've got no doubt that it was the Russians who stole the DNC emails. It wasn't Ukraine. Russia was behind the stolen DNC emails and (John) Podesta and all that good stuff."

Graham continued later in the same interview: "So as to the Ukraine, they had zero to do with the hacking of the DNC and the stealing of the emails. Whether or not people from the Ukraine met with DNC operatives, I don't know. All I've seen is press reports that no one has validated."

https://us.cnn.com/2019/12/03/politics/ ... index.html

Okay, I give, what's with the sudden attack of principle?

Lindsay changing parties?

Had a visit last night from the ghost of John McCain?

Was curious to see which breaks first, Twitter or Trump's fingers?

This is a real headscratcher...waiting for the next shoe to drop :eh?:
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Surprise surprise, passed on a party-line vote. The Intelligence Committee report is in two sections, Ukraine and Obstruction of Congress, both of which are expected to be separate Articles of Impeachment.

On to the Judiciary Committee...
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Bring on the vote!
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm

He reiterated his stance to CNN saying, "I've got no doubt that it was the Russians who stole the DNC emails. It wasn't Ukraine. Russia was behind the stolen DNC emails and (John) Podesta and all that good stuff."
I'm still trying to figure out the story about Ukraine hacking the DNC server (that wasn't really a server) and releasing emails that were damaging to Hillary - in an effort to help Hillary. And also why anyone would think that a publicly-traded American company is Ukrainian. Probably only makes sense to Donald. And Gym Jordan. Does he do meth or something? He acts like it.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Bring on the vote!
Not much mystery in how it's going to turn out, Tommy.

Party-line in the Judiciary, party-line in the House and party-line in the Senate.

Party-line in the spin up to the election and party-line in the election itself.

As usual, it's up to the mushy middle.
George Will

Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:14 pm

broman wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:50 am
Last step of the Trump cycle is to admit he did it and let the minions defend it.
Here we go.... you can thank me later....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:58 am

Democrats could have killed it yesterday but they chose not to, for some reason.

1. There's a long list of Republican and Libertarian legal scholars who'd have gladly said the same things their <sneer>Liberal</sneer> scholars said but would have been MUCH stronger witnesses;

2. Hurley said they didn't have much of a case without first-hand eyewitnesses but NOBODY pressed him on why that was. They blew the opportunity to turn a witness for the defense into one for the prosecution. The guy's own words were in their favor but they didn't take advantage;

3. I thought they'd learned the lesson about letting Congresspeeps do the questioning instead of a trained professional. Hell, they (again) probably could have even come up with one with an R after his name.

But instead talking about the "blistering testimony," people are either falling asleep or chasing the "Barrongate" squirrel. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

broman

Post by broman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:35 pm

1. The aid was withheld...
2. So Trump did seek investigations against the Bidens? :eh?: