Regional & State

Pitzrrr

Regional & State

Post by Pitzrrr » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 am

When do the regional pairings come out?

Bosco automatically plays in state vs De La Salle right?

Everyone else has a regional play in game?

Any guesses who the Orange County teams play?

CDM, San Juan Hills, Esperanza (who else from OC made it?)

SK80

Re: Regional & State

Post by SK80 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:29 am

This guy always does a good pre-pick for state......

I as well as he is putting CDM above where they normally would be going..., to 1AA. CIF-SS D3 team jumping Sierra Canyon the CIF-SS D2 team. They will post this afternoon..... I hear around 1 pm
Last edited by SK80 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Pitzrrr

Post by Pitzrrr » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:29 am

Thanks for posting this! Awesome!!

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:33 pm

just got word, am a bit surprised..... Oceanside @ CDM 1A
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Newps

Post by Newps » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:06 pm

As a Cdm fan, I am a bit bummed that CIF slotted Cdm in 1A and not 1AA. I think Cdm would win 1AA and is rated higher than Sierra Canyon in every ranking that I’ve seen. Additionally, Cdm and SC have a like opponent in Grace. SC beat Grace by 6 points in Week 9 while Cdm beat Grace by 28 points. Not sure thought process on that one. I would have loved a regional matchup of Cdm vs SC as I believe they are the two best teams eligible in So Cal after Bosco. I think SC beats Helix and wins 1AA title.

As for Cdm and 1A, I see a running clock vs Oceanside and a 21+ point win vs Serra of San Mateo. Should be a fun last few weeks of the football season.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:14 pm

broman

Post by broman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:31 pm

:dead horse: but I still don't understand why San Diego gets six teams is the state playoffs... and their best teams get 1st round byes in CIF..

SD 1 entry for every 14 Schools (6)
SS 1 entry for every 27 Schools (14)
LA 1 entry for every 23 Schools (3)
Central 1 entry for every 17 Schools (6)

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:49 pm

will also make me wonder, if ball security will continue to be an issue for DLS in it's upcoming state title game with Bosco, that's been their issue for the past several seasons now

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:49 pm
will also make me wonder, if ball security will continue to be an issue for DLS in it's upcoming state title game with Bosco, that's been their issue for the past several seasons now
One thing is for sure, DLS is definitely going to be ready for Bosco. If they eliminate the turnovers then they can beat anyone. They have the perfect offense to slow the other team from scoring and force them into a panic if they hold onto the ball. That’s their MO but they’ve been on the wrong end of the turnover battle lately and they can’t rely on their passing game to come back. It’ll be a great game of imposing the other teams will on the enemy. Can’t wait!

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:21 pm

is this years DLS team better than last years? do they return a lot of starters from last season?

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 pm

DLS is always ready. Its not in their DNA to not be ready. But being ready won't always translate into wins.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:30 am

DLS will be ready to get doubled up at a minimum on the scoreboard.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 pm

also, i'm kinda surprised that it will be held at Cerritos College again, because I thought every other year, it switched between the North and the South, in 2017, it was held at Sacramento State Field, 2018, Cerritos College, now Cerritos College again?

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 am

for what it's worth, after watching Helix last night..., SD teams are not adding much to the CIF "State" suspense. :roll:

CIF SoCal Football Regionals: Corona del Mar vs. Oceanside preview
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/04/c ... oceanside/

ImageCorona del Mar's Mark Redman, left, turns on the speed to outrun Grace Brethren linebacker Isac Garcia, right, and score a touchdown in the CIF-SS Division 3 championship in Newport Beach on Friday, November 29, 2019. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Contributing Photographer)

Oceanside (11-3) vs. Corona del Mar (14-0)

Where, when: Newport Harbor High, Saturday, 6 p.m.

Tickets: $12 adults, $8 students with valid student identification, $8 children and seniors (65 and older).

Streaming: NFHS Network

Analysis: Oceanside is the CIF-San Diego Section Division 1 champion. Corona del Mar is the CIF-Southern Section Division 3 champion. These teams have a common opponent – San Clemente. Oceanside lost to San Clemente 35-13, but it became a forfeit win for the Pirates when San Clemente was ruled to have used an ineligible player in all of its games. Corona del Mar defeated San Clemente 42-21.

Corona del Mar senior quarterback Ethan Garbers has completed 71 percent of his passes, is averaging 330 yards passing a game with 66 touchdown passes, which is one shy of equaling the CIF-SS and Orange County single-season record held by Mater Dei’s JT Daniels and Western’s Anthony Munoz.

Oceanside junior running back Kavika Tua (5-8, 180) has rushed for 2,166 yards and 21 touchdowns and is averaging 9 yards a carry. The winner of this game plays the winner of the North California Regional game between San Joaquin Memorial and Serra of San Mateo. The state 1-A championship game will be at Cerritos College on Dec. 14 at 4 p.m.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:18 pm

interesting, how a QB from an O.C. High School besides MD is putting up amazing stats, numbers, something you wouldn't expect, but at the same time, it's nice to hear of a QB at an O.C. High School not named MD, that is performing like that.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:48 am

I agree, its time the public schools get some love on these QB'S.
"GOT PLAQUE"?
Thats a good thing in this instance. CDM, shattering expectations. Is this too long a season for high school kids?
I cant believe the 14-7 score vs Oceanside? scoring late? Was Oceanside D , that good?
Earlier, Oceanside lost to Mission hills 27-0 and San Clemente, 35-14
CDM has been blowing out good teams! Including beating SC BY 20. I think its too long and these kids are burnt!
Anyway, great job and go win state!! :thumbsup:

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:51 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm
One thing is for sure, DLS is definitely going to be ready for Bosco. If they eliminate the turnovers then they can beat anyone. They have the perfect offense to slow the other team from scoring and force them into a panic if they hold onto the ball. That’s their MO but they’ve been on the wrong end of the turnover battle lately and they can’t rely on their passing game to come back. It’ll be a great game of imposing the other teams will on the enemy. Can’t wait!
B.Brave, the veer is a ball control offense and is effective when against lesser teams and effective against better teams if indeed they can maintain control, more over they have a defense that can stop the opponent from scoring. This will not be the case against the Braves, they will boat race the Spartans. It will be a slaughter, the state ship was one a week and two days ago. The top 4-5 teams in the SS would beat DLS...

DLS and NorCal is old news. The best football in the country is played in the CIF SS, Period. No comparison. De la who? Get real...The Braves beat the number one team in the country...DLS is a place holder for the Nor Cal Sacrificial lamb...as the OldGym would post DLSLOL...Look bud you guys beat MD...DLS is nothing...end of story...after they beat CC in like 2012 never been the same...Braves are state champs and if they lose would be state chumps...and that just ain't hapnin...

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm

hit the lights wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:48 am
I agree, its time the public schools get some love on these QB'S.
"GOT PLAQUE"?
Thats a good thing in this instance. CDM, shattering expectations. Is this too long a season for high school kids?
I cant believe the 14-7 score vs Oceanside? scoring late? Was Oceanside D , that good?
Earlier, Oceanside lost to Mission hills 27-0 and San Clemente, 35-14
CDM has been blowing out good teams! Including beating SC BY 20. I think its too long and these kids are burnt!
Anyway, great job and go win state!! :thumbsup:
Well the expectations were high..., shattering ok..... ha!

You can't believe. I can't believe but gotta say I saw it coming for a few reasons. One you brought up as did Steve Fryer a week ago and I kinda chided him for it. He believes for high school age athletes this sport is too long and its even longer than NCAA with older physically developed guys.

Two things came from this notion "too long a season" in my opinion. First, the mental. Winning CIF-SS is 13 games. Its a tough sled to push both mentally and physically. CDM lost CIF Final last year to Grace Brethren. They were devastated, the #1 seed. From that game on for what they said "365 Days" it's Grace Grace Grace. That rematch was circled on the calendar and all efforts were to lead to there. Once they conquered their goal by beat Grace this year I was concerned for the MENTAL letdown and I knew the coaches had a big challenge in this area. MOTIVATION!

CDM also has so much going for them from their record, their performances and all the talk and chatter. There was just so much out there saying they just had to show up now against Oceanside.

Another part of the mental challenge was CDM wanted 1AA not 1A. Everyone had them being bumped up. When CIF I didn't do it some of the air was let out of bag. This team just wanted to keep playing the best. I knew 1A selection was going to make it harder for them to get motivated.

Add to all the physical of playing in a 14th game! And what happens during the game, John Humphreys pulls a hamstring in Q2. More air out of the bag.

On the other side of the ball was a gritty team that was the 8 Seed in SD D1. In CIF-SD they play games at home based on seeding. Oceanside traveled on the road for every game as the dog and won. They were peaking at the right time. They BELIEVED they could walk on the field with #3 team in state and win. Mad respect for the Pirates, their coaches and fans whom traveled all those miles.

Before the game (we frequent the restaurant La Cave pre games) we met an amazing couple from Oceanside. They were the parents of a cheerleader but so invested in their school and football team. They knew a good deal about CDM and we had a fun time debating the game. Classy couple they were! Yet at the end of every hypothetical, they finished with you are going to be shocked by our team. Guess what, they were right. Although they didn't end up winning, I was shocked. They were as tough as nails and relentless. They played like it was the 6th game of the season and we looked spent from the opening. CDM with ZERO points at the half. SERIOUSLY!

Another factor in my opine is this..., after winning CIF-SS your D1 NCAA bound players can get distracted from this high school game. In the end, it was the senior guys not going on to play college ball that stepped up and won and SAVED the game. Those guys played like this is the last game I will ever play.

Ethan was on point in post game interview, all season he felt he did his job, and on a night where he failed his guys saved the season to live another day. I will add to this a tumultuous week for the Washington bound players at CDM. Because of the big coaching change these guys spent many of the preparation week worrying about their college careers. I can't fault them, it was a big thing for them and their futures.

Again, CDM offense laid an egg, it is likely an anomaly or a atelier, when bad things happen however great teams still win. Ya 14-7 isn't what we are known for. Hey, CDM won again another way, they found a way. Enough said, 15-0 and last team in the OC standing.

Props, props, props to Oceanside, I am hoping your effort and play inspired us to go out on Saturday and play like there is no tomorrow. The Pirates came to Rock n Roll and they rocked us, but in the end it was CDM whom rolled. #GetTheChip

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 pm

This team just wanted to keep playing the best

The best?? Get real...they've done well with the schedule they had, but up to last Friday their opponents' cumulative W/L record was exactly .500
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Oops, there goes the grammar, semantics, interpretation police yet again.... put the word "possible" at the end of the sentence, better yet let me "edit" it in for you, the rest of us here understand that but you need it spelled out. Enjoy the view from your couch this coming Saturday, gonna be a great day at Cerritos... #WishingYouWereThere :thumbsup: