Coaching changes?

trojanwarrior13

Coaching changes?

Post by trojanwarrior13 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Anybody hearing of some potential changes coming in the Trinity league?!

Kuppster

Re: Coaching changes?

Post by Kuppster » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:13 pm

damn, you created an account for this?

I'm intrigued.

Really hope Rollo retires. But coaching probably keeps him going. Really thought he would retire had they won it all this year

broman

Post by broman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Godinez, Westminster, and Aliso. Wrestling is retiring. El Toro.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:33 pm

i didn't think any would open this year. only way i could see negro leaving bosco is for a college gig (and i dont know if thats his goal), rollinson said hell be back, cant see TT leaving servite, haven't heard anything about jason pressley. I dont think vieselmeyer would leave unless it was for a college or nfl gig and i think that would most likely only happen to jack del rio got a job coaching. i havent heard anything about harlow but i have always wondered if he aspires to be an oline coach at a college or possibly in the pros eventually... (not saying its happening)

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Kuppster wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:13 pm
damn, you created an account for this?

I'm intrigued.

Really hope Rollo retires. But coaching probably keeps him going. Really thought he would retire had they won it all this year
I remember there was an OC Register news article during the monster 2017 run, saying if MD beat DLS, which they did by a slaughter, if it was going to be Rollo's last game, and a user on this board, said they spoke to people who were in contact with Rollo, claiming that Rollo said he was 50/50 on his mindset.

Of course he eventually resumed, I can see him lasting longer than Barnes did at Los Al.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 am

It looks like its time for Rollo to hang it up. You didnt hear much from him this year, or see any of the usual high intensity speeches.? I'm sure over the last few years or so, just like bobby boy at MV was, just a figure head, shaking hands kissing babies for the public eye and recruiting. At some point it gets old, just like a year round football schedule now, with 7 on 7, etc...
Sometimes we create our own stress and headaches. When you have a roster like MD, you dont need anyone else, just work on becoming a better you! Facilities, players, coaches, resources, etc.
Who will be a front runner for the job? Someone on staff??

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 am

Well now the USC announced they are keeping Helton.., I will assume Rollo is staying!! ROFL

ProbNotWhoUThink

Post by ProbNotWhoUThink » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm

there are a few Trinity coaches that need to move along. Rollo is getting older, Presley is not ready for trinity varsity, Harlow’s team not performing to expectations... been hearing more former trinity coaches may be coming back...

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 am

Who will be a front runner for the job? Someone on staff??

Yep...

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:04 am

ProbNotWhoUThink wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm
there are a few Trinity coaches that need to move along. Rollo is getting older, Presley is not ready for trinity varsity, Harlow’s team not performing to expectations... been hearing more former trinity coaches may be coming back...
who would be coming back? interesting? have not heard that??

There will most likely be no head coaching changes in the trinity.

bruce has a few more years left in him, he has nothing else he wants to do. now that his daughther is a full time paid employee of MD football (operations manager) he is not going anywhere.

negro has no desire to coach college football, at this time.

pressley is safe for one more year. the school will being hiring its new president in spring and no major changes like that will happen before then. Although I can pretty much guarantee Dec 2020 the OLU hc job is open. :lol:

viselmeyer just got there but could be leaving if he follows jack del rio to a college or nfl job. Unlikely though

Thomas is starting to build something great next year and its league champs or bust over here.

harlow is the only small chance of a coaching change in the trinity. it would be himself leaving for personal reasons. since he just fired his OC I don't see him leaving.

The coaching news in the trinity will be who will be the new OC's at OLU and JSerra.