Coaching changes?

frankieboy

Re: Coaching changes?

Post by frankieboy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:19 pm

A quote from another board that is relevant here: "I live next door in Arizona in a new neighborhood where many of my new neighbors are recent refugees from California. Our builder's sales rep says that every time something like this comes along or Governor Hair Gel opens his mouth or signs another disastrous bill, the phones at the sales office start ringing off the hook! In fact, Governor Newsome has won "Salesperson of the Month" at our development 10 of the last 12 months!"

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:49 pm

The coaching changes that Servite made, to bring back Troy Thomas is about to pay off.
Alot of coaches talk about it, but Troy is about doing it! His kids are in the weight room, and as a program, he knows it all starts with strength.Some guys, who have a double double hanging out of their mouth, talk about being fit and strong, looking like a football player, meanwhile the kids are like WTF??? This slob is telling me to be this and that, but rips his pants everytime he sits down. ENOUGH of the BS hipricitical talk.
Troy is living the role, not talking the role, which his players are buying in to his leadership. BIG difference!

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:41 pm

frankieboy wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:19 pm
A quote from another board that is relevant here:
No, it's not. Leave the partisan political garbage off the football board, please.

Do you think people come here to read that stuff? I come here to get away from it for a few precious minutes.

Thanks
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:33 pm

agreed. It belonged on the AB5 post, where it is perfectly relevant.

AB5 is well intentioned, but poorly thought out. First rule of government is "do no harm". AB5 does harm to lots of people- not just big companies.

And yes, it may damage HSFB by potentially making it hard for many to assist in coaching HSFB, ultimately leading to a decline in the quality of the product on the field.

thefrog

Post by thefrog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:44 am

New [underwhelming] hire at El Toro...

ProbNotWhoUThink

Post by ProbNotWhoUThink » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:05 pm

IMO if u yo kid is playing HSFB, daddy don’t coach HSFB! Get a life. U create more drama than the mamas. Volunteer to work the chains if u gotta he on the field but any HC that would have a daddy on the staff is a joke.

thefrog

Post by thefrog » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 pm

So, what are you talking about?

ProbNotWhoUThink

Post by ProbNotWhoUThink » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Again IMO... Head Coaches if your son plays football for you that’s cool! It’s tough to be the coaches son. But, I think as soon as other coaches start being dads it creates unnecessary drama. That’s all. Nothing specific just from what I’ve heard from parents from a couple different schools, it just doesn’t seem to work out.

TommyTrojan

Post by TommyTrojan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:18 am

Hmmm. Been on staff with several coaches who had sons on the team. Haven't seen what you are talking about here. Its actually been a great experience (and those coaches have had the whole range of kids: some outstanding athletes, some who were terrible). Looking forward to coaching my sons down the road!

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm

"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:29 pm

What they hell is SM doing. OLU ran the flexbone a few years back and it destroyed the program. Stupid move.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:39 pm

it certainly wasn't the person i recommended. but its been a while since my recommendation was actually taken so...