When guns attack

John Q. Public
Site Admin

When guns attack

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:51 am

Another instance of a gun just up and deciding to shoot somebody.

We join this thread in progress.
WAHPETON, N.D. (KFGO) - Police Chief Scott Thorsteinson says a student was wounded when a 9 mm pistol accidentally discharged on the campus of the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton.

Wahpeton and Campus Police responded to the call early Tuesday morning. Thorsteinson says another person was handling the pistol when it discharged and the bullet wounded the male in the hand and abdomen.

https://kfgo.com/news/articles/2019/dec ... ge/965968/
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Re: When guns attack

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:08 pm

How do they know it was an accident? Maybe it discharged on purpose
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Hard to prove intent with inanimate objects but they seem to do it pretty regularly. I think it's a conspiracy.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:50 pm

they seem to do it pretty regularly

Exactly my point...is it just random, or do they have an agenda?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

When guns attack

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:58 pm

SANFORD, Fla. — Dozens of customers were eating breakfast in a busy Cracker Barrel when a gun went off, sending people scrambling and one man to the hospital Sunday morning.

Bullet fragments hit three people, including the gun owner’s fiancé.

Deputies said the weapon fell out of the gun owner’s holster while he was walking through the dining room of the Cracker Barrel at 200 Hickman Circle in Sanford.

Deputies said William Hoback was talking to the checkout counter when his gun slipped out of his holster and fired.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/man-not ... /26880670/
Not sure if the gun was mad because he dropped it or if it was jealous because he was flirting with the checkout counter.

Wabash

When guns attack

Post by Wabash » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:39 pm

I am curious what make and model. Even when loaded and cocked with the safety off that type of action rarely occurs.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

When guns attack

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:12 pm

See? They do it on purpose. They're smarter than we are.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Let's be fair. People go off all the time, why not guns?
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Almost as common as guns randomly "going off" on their own are these oddly coincidental-sounding officer-involved shootings. I know cops have to use neutral language, but they make it sound like one of them merely farted.

“Upon contact with the suspect, the suspect drew a firearm and a deputy-involved shooting occurred,” she said. “The suspect was struck multiple times and was pronounced deceased at the scene.”

https://ktla.com/2019/12/16/deputies-fa ... -east-l-a/

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 pm

And the guy at the Cracker Barrel? No charges were filed. It was an accident. He and his homicidal holster are still walking among us.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:41 pm

a deputy-involved shooting occurred

"Occurred" as if totally independent of human involvement, like an eclipse or an earthquake
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:13 am

I guess fans of active verbs can take heart in this one not saying "the suspect became deceased."

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Even Sheriff's guns do it.
The GBI has been asked to look into a North Georgia sheriff’s “accidental discharge” of a gun inside a Walmart.

Pickens County Sheriff Donnie Craig was wearing the gun in his waistband when it went off inside the Jasper store Tuesday night, according to the sheriff’s office. The round hit the floor.

The sheriff and several deputies were attending a “Shop with the Sheriff” holiday event at the store when the gun discharged, according to sheriff’s spokesman Capt. Kris Stancil. The sheriff and the deputies were near the front of the store.

A 15-year-old boy reported a minor injury following the incident, Stancil confirmed to AJC.com on Wednesday. The teen was standing in the checkout line within the radius of the weapon when it discharged, he said.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/north-ge ... PG08ku39N/

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Follow-up: The gun later apologized. Misread the sign, thought it said "Shot with the Sheriff"
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:45 pm

Busy Saturday for blood-thirsty guns.
MOLINE ACRES, Mo. (KMOV.com) -- A 33-year-old man is charged with manslaughter after investigators said his gun went off and killed a man at a home in Moline Acres Saturday.

According to police, Hutson Grace Jr. went to Michael Dillingham's home on Gardner Drive Saturday with a gun, beer, and marijuana.

As he was putting a trigger lock on the gun, police said the gun discharged, hitting Dillingham in the head and killing him. Dillingham was 36.

https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-man- ... 896f6.html
GREENWOOD, S.C. — A child climbed to get a gun from inside a home before he was accidentally shot Saturday, Upstate police said.

When officers arrived, they found a 4-year-old boy was struck by gunfire, [Jonathan Link, public information officer with the Greenwood Police Department] said.

Investigators believe the child climbed up on a shelf and retrieved the firearm from its storage place.

Link said no charges were filed.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/4-year-ol ... y/30352164#

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:23 pm

"Um, the trigger lock goes behind the trigger, sir"

"Oh..."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:28 am

The sheriff's department says Saturday night, the Sauk Centre [MN] Police Department was investigating a single vehicle accident in the 500 block of Main Street North. They say a truck had run over an electrical box.

During the investigation, police were notified someone showed up at the hospital in Sauk Centre with a gunshot wound. They say the shooting happened at a home in the 49000 block of 400th Street in Ashley Township.

Further investigation shows that 32 year old Justin Henrichs of Sauk Centre and 38 year old Jason Rugemer of Villard were at the home when a pistol Henrichs was handling accidentally went off and shot him in the hand.

https://knsiradio.com/news/local-news/s ... l-shooting
I'm thinking maybe the electrical box was in cahoots with the gun. :-k

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:55 pm

BOSTON (CBS) – An investigation is underway after a gun went off inside a customs area at Logan Airport.

In a statement to CBSN Boston, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Statement spokesman said the gun went off accidentally.

On Friday, January 3, a firearm accidentally discharged within the CBP facilities at Logan International Airport. No passengers were in the immediate area at the time of the incident. CBP’s Office of Professional Responsibilities has initiated an investigation into the incident and CBP will take any necessary corrective action based on the investigation.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/01/07/ ... stoms-gun/
This one seems to have been pretty determined to shoot itself. No word on where its handler was at the time.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Aren't there any good guns out there to stop these bad guns?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:52 pm

This one almost implies that a human might have had something to do with it. But not quite.
ATLANTA - Officers were called to the 300 block of Angier Court shortly after 7:30 a.m. Upon arrival, officers found a man who had been shot in the neck. Investigators said he was taken to the hospital in stable condition.

According to the police, two roommates were home when the shot was fired. Investigators said one of them was handling the gun when it accidentally discharged, striking the victim.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/accide ... o-hospital