watchersince68 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:24 pm
The Flu, strep throat that has gone thru the team seems to have abated
and they finally were able to start their usual starters
JSerra or MD?

Kuppster

Re: Trinity league basketball

Post by Kuppster » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Wait, is Jserra saying kids were out due to illness the past couple of Weeks?

The real illness was sitting kids out in order to avoid open division.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:59 pm

frankieboy wrote:JSerra or MD?
That quote is from Longtimeobserver's post about MD on the previous page
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:30 pm

BTW I like the round-robin format in the Boys & Girls Open Divs...top 2 from each group advance to the Semis I believe
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:34 pm

LAT's Sondheimer:

"Sierra Canyon is set to play Etiwanda on Feb. 21. That's the game of the year in my book."

Unless he meant to say "of the young new year so far", that's a HUGE dis to Corona Centennial IMHO...BTW Etiwanda has already lost to SC this season
George Will

Donald Trump

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:24 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:34 pm
BTW I like the round-robin format in the Boys & Girls Open Divs...top 2 from each group advance to the Semis I believe
I like the open format also. What I especially like is that the higher seed always gets the home game. This is the way it should be in all sports. Football should take a lesson where the higher seeds need to travel and often the top seeds play semifinals on the road. That is BS. Higher seed should always be home. MD is the lowest seed in their open bracket so all 3 of their games are on the road. As they should be since they are the lower seed. CIF claims they want all teams to have the opportunity to host a football playoff, probably for revenue. Why do they feel differently for basketball?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:16 pm

All this crying from Servite peeps (National Ranking 1,121) about getting shut out of the playoffs is hilarious. They knew going in they likely had to finish 3rd in league to lock up a spot (and if they had swept JSerra, they would have).

Their fate was in their own hands and they didn't take care of business. So change leagues or stop whining.
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:08 pm

Playoffs Round 1

Mater Dei comes from behind in OT to beat CC

JSerra wins comfortably vs. Canyon (Anaheim)

Bosco gets worked by #1 Sierra Canyon

OLu loses to Cypress
George Will

Donald Trump

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:13 am

The station that showed the MD CC game last night ( KDOC? ) just might be the single worst station in existence!

The picture consistently froze and then restarted, and wasn't "repaired" until 2 minutes had gone by in the 4th quarter ( which was blacked out with the message we are experiencing "technical difficulties" )

NO S--T!!!! Like we didn't know.

It appears that MD has problems with fast teams, CC could of blown MD out if they had hit half their shots.
The MD big guy really struggled last night, missed shots turnovers and simply always being behind the faster CC kids, he fouled out early in the 4th.

Very surprised MD pulled it out!

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:24 am

Daforno wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:13 am
CC could of blown MD out if they had hit half their shots.
So you're saying if CC had shot better they'd have won; that's a pretty astute analysis.... LOL

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:46 am

Well if MD had made a decent percentage of their free throws there wouldn't have been an
overtime!!! The MD Big GUY did not struggle last night ---he pulled down a good amount of
rebounds and was charged with some questionable fouls which I guess is normal in a contested
game. The coaches had a week to prepare MD for the game and it showed. Prukop had an
outstanding game and seems to have rebounded from his illness. Evans played his usual
tough game and hit some Key 3pt. shots. A well deserved victory for the Monarchs and that
was with Askew charged with three quick fouls in the opening minutes of the game.

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:46 am

Well if MD had made a decent percentage of their free throws there wouldn't have been an
overtime!!! The MD Big GUY did not struggle last night ---he pulled down a good amount of
rebounds and was charged with some questionable fouls which I guess is normal in a contested
game. The coaches had a week to prepare MD for the game and it showed. Prukop had an
outstanding game and seems to have rebounded from his illness. Evans played his usual
tough game and hit some Key 3pt. shots. A well deserved victory for the Monarchs and that
was with Askew charged with three quick fouls in the opening minutes of the game.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am

Wow just had a deja vu moment.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:35 pm

The big guy had a bad game, "pulled down a good amount of rebounds"

I would hope so when the biggest kid from CC was what 6'5' maybe!

He continued to shoot 3's ( he loves to do that! ) and missed them ALL I believe.

Look I get it, he is a great kid, straight A's and ALWAYS plays hard, will go to maybe an Ivy school, but last night he was awful, thank goodness he gets another chance.

TheOldGym

Post by TheOldGym » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 pm

Early fouls for the point guard were a gift from the basketball gods. Forced him to share the ball and play under control.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:51 pm

RC is very good...upperclassmen-dominated and battle-tested

The Monarchs will all need to bring their "A" games to Temecula

Oh, and cross your fingers, KDOC is "televising" this one too...
George Will

Donald Trump

TheOldGym

Post by TheOldGym » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:49 pm

Getting the three fouls was a blessing in my opinion. Forced him to share the ball and play with control.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Is this pool play based on a points system?

MD beats CC so does MD gets points? anyone know how it works?

If they lose tonight and then beat Harvard Westlake then what? wait until the other pool teams finish?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Page 18:

https://cifss.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... -19-20.pdf

Unless there are major upsets MD needs to win just one of their remaining two games to advance
George Will

Donald Trump

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:22 pm

High School basketball is crazy, Askew goes off for 43 points, and against CC he almost fouls out in the first half!!!!
Everyone was writing MD off, and now they are on the verge of a Sierra Canyon rematch!

McKnight and Sharp can coach and it doesn't hurt when your best player plays better than everybody else on the court!

What's with Bosco 37 and 35 in 2 games, a little tight maybe? just asking.