2020 Presidential Primary Calendar

Omar Bongo

2020 Presidential Primary Calendar

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:23 pm

I saw on another thread that the Democratic field is now supposedly down to 3 candidates, so I thought this somewhat pertinent information might come in handy. You can find the rest of the schedule up to the election itself on the site linked below. I only posted the sched up to Super Tuesday because if this thing isn't decided by then it could spell curtains for the Dems in the general...

Jan. 14 Iowa Democratic debate

Feb. 3 Iowa caucuses

Feb. 7 New Hampshire Democratic debate

Feb. 11 New Hampshire primaries

Feb. 19 Nevada Democratic debate

Feb. 22 Nevada Democratic caucuses

Feb. 25 South Carolina Democratic debate

Feb. 29 South Carolina Democratic primary

March 3 Alabama primaries; American Samoa Democratic caucus; Arkansas primaries; California primaries; Colorado primaries; Maine primaries; Massachusetts primaries; Minnesota primaries; North Carolina primaries; Oklahoma primaries; Tennessee primaries; Texas primaries; Utah primaries; Vermont primaries; Virginia Democratic primary

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/here- ... 2020-01-06
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

SK80

Re: 2020 Presidential Primary Calendar

Post by SK80 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:13 pm

well this seems like an #important thread......, looking at 2016 only thing that mattered was what #SuperDelegates decided...., rendering everything else #Mute
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:56 pm

SK80 wrote:looking at 2016 only thing that mattered was what #SuperDelegates decided
I see you get your talking points from the right-wing spin machine...how about we look at the actual facts instead?

Hillary won 34 state primaries/caucuses and 2,842 delegates. Bernie won 23 states and 1,865 delegates. She got about 17 million total votes and he got about 13 million. FYI that's before the convention where the "Superdelegates" cast their votes...

Bernie didn't win because he didn't get enough votes from "regular" voters, period. Maybe you're confused, it's only in the general election that the guy with less votes wins :mex:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:51 pm

I wouldn't complain if the states got together and packed all of the primaries into a couple months. Less would be hard for the campaigns to do, but it's all but over in March yet they keep going into June. It kind of turns the rest of them into "Yeah, me too" events.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 pm

Oh. Sorry. I forgot the #hashtags %and ^whatnot. ::que::

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Referring back to this thread to see who all is voting next week. Handier than Google. Thanks, Omar.

Using my American Nations geographic/cultural formula that was 100% accurate for Bernie vs. Hillary, Bernie wins all the northern states and states settled from the northern colonies - Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota (Amy who?), Vermont and I'm gonna say Utah (because the Mormons were from Vermont) and California. California is split north and south but the population centers are mostly northern - and Mexican. Warren could have a chance in a couple (Massachusetts?) but not likely.

That leaves Bama, Arkansas, Colorado, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia to sort things out. I'm guessing Biden, but possibly Bloomberg. Warren and Mayor Pete are long shots.

And American Samoa, God only knows.

Bernie has a big lead now but he doesn't have it wrapped up.Things will likely look very different next week.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:48 am

Here's the rest of the schedule with the delegates up for grabs in ( ):

March 10: Idaho(20), Michigan(125), Mississippi(36), Missouri(68), and Washington(89) primaries; North Dakota(14) firehouse caucus

March 14: Northern Mariana Islands(6) caucuses

March 15: Democratic Debate in Phoenix, Arizona.

March 17: Arizona(67), Florida(219), Illinois(155), and Ohio(136) primaries

March 24: Georgia(105) primary

March 29: Puerto Rico(51) primary

April 4: Alaska(15) and Hawaii(24) party-run primaries; Louisiana(54) primary; Wyoming(14) caucus

April 7: Wisconsin(84) primary

April 28: Connecticut(60), Delaware(21), Maryland(96), New York(274), Pennsylvania(186), and Rhode Island(26) primaries

May 2: Guam(7) caucus; Kansas(39) party-run primary

May 5: Indiana(82) primary

May 12: Nebraska(29) and West Virginia(28) primaries

May 19: Kentucky(54) and Oregon(61) primaries

June 2: District of Columbia(20), Montana(19), New Jersey(126), New Mexico(34), and South Dakota(16) primaries

June 6: Virgin Islands(7) caucuses

July 13–16: Democratic National Convention
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:07 am

The next couple weeks should be interesting to say the least.

Next Tuesday Joe and Bernie will likely split the other states evenly, but Michigan is the real wildcard. Sanders narrowly won it in 2016 but the most recent polls have Biden with a moderate lead and he just picked up the Governor's endorsement yesterday. Bernie has pulled out of Mississippi early to head north for some last minute campaigning...

On the 15th we have the final debate and maybe we'll get the answer to the Business Insider feature titled "Tulsi Gabbard Is Still In The 2020 Race And It's Unclear Why". While it should make for some great TV, I can't help wondering if Gabbard has CPR training...

Then on the 17th you have the Florida, Illinois and Ohio primaries with over 500 delegates up for grabs...could be either Bernie's own big comeback or the final nail in his coffin

Like I said, should be interesting...
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:41 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:07 am
Next Tuesday Joe and Bernie will likely split the other states evenly, but Michigan is the real wildcard. Sanders narrowly won it in 2016 but the most recent polls have Biden with a moderate lead* and he just picked up the Governor's endorsement yesterday.
Ain't that the truth... like in 2016 when Bernie was the vote winner by the people before he was declared NOT the winner by some Super Delegates...... :bonk:
Dems_SuperD.png

Bernie's people crying "We won it before we lost it", taking a infamous line from another prominent Democrat John "I was for it before I was against it" Kerry...!

* Those POLLS in Michigan given to you by the media and various polling organizations had Clinton with a 21 point lead by average according to Real Clear Politics. One would have to wonder how this outcome was remotely possible. Many have considered this the biggest upset in American political history.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:21 pm

The Trump drone complaining about the person with fewer popular votes winning more delegates...absolutely priceless! :lol:
George Will

Donald Trump