2020 Football Schedules

Bigbear

2020 Football Schedules

Post by Bigbear »

I’ll start off with Servite’s schedule for the upcoming season. Not including league opponents, here is what the preseason looks like (per Hudl)

Mission Viejo
Crespi
Cajon
Norte Dame
Orange
Omar Bongo

Re: 2020 Football Schedules

Post by Omar Bongo »

Good one...even nicer if you could flip Orange and Mission
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Bigbear wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:18 pm Mission Viejo
Crespi
Cajon
TBD
Notre Dame
[s]Orange[/s]
FIFY
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

Omar Bongo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:42 pm Good one...even nicer if you could flip Orange and Mission
I dont see how dropping Div 4 Villa Park ( 48-9 waxing) just to add Div 6 Crespi ( another team that they are going to wax), and if they did add Orange, that is just swapping Div 10 JW North ( 48-7 waxing) for another Div 10 team (that they will wax also) is having a "good one" schedule.
How about moving up in a Div. instead of moving down.
Yes I understand couch T just came from there and his ties to the school, but just playing a team to crush them because you came from there is a little much.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Crespi is in the Bishop Gorman slot from last year. Villa Park replacement is a TBD out of state opponent in the Trinity vs USA showcase at Bosco on Thursday 9/17.

As for Orange, the word that is missing is Lutheran.

BTW, Servite and Crespi have played 8 times with each team winning 4 times.
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

Professor Fate wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:48 am Villa Park replacement is a TBD out of state opponent in the Trinity vs USA showcase at Bosco on Thursday 9/17.
I though MD was going to be the host of Trinity vs USA next season so wouldn’t games be at the Santa Ana Bowl?
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

2002 wrote:I dont see how ... is having a "good one" schedule.
Well Cajon gave them a game last year (only down by a score in the 3rd qtr. before Servite pulled away), I like the parochial matchups with Crespi and ND and who isn't looking forward to them mixing it up with Mission?

They then have to play two of the top teams in the nation in league followed by the toughest D-1 playoffs ever, so how challenging do you want their pre-league sched to be?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Bigbear

Post by Bigbear »

More than likely, the Orange game is tentative depending whether or not Servite can get an opponent for the Trinity vs. USA showcase. Last thing they want is a situation like last season where the only had 9 games.
CoolStoryBro

Post by CoolStoryBro »

From my understanding Servite schedule is as followed:
Wk1- Mission Viejo
Wk2- Crespi
Wk3- Cajon
Wk4- Trinity v USA (rumored AZ)
Wk5- Notre Dame SO
Wk6- Olu
Wk7- SJB
Wk8- MD
Wk9- JSerra
Wk10- SM
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Nice...that week 10 bye will help them recover for the playoff gantlet :hide:
George Will

Donald Trump
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

Professor Fate wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:48 am As for Orange, the word that is missing is Lutheran.
and you would be WRONG professor. We are talking about their PRESEASON and you would not have Servite playing OLU in the Preseason and in their regular season but nice try.

Just because Crespi was a D1 team years ago doesnt mean the match up in 2020 when Crespi is a D6 team is meaningful.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

2002tony wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:24 pm and you would be WRONG professor. We are talking about their PRESEASON and you would not have Servite playing OLU in the Preseason and in their regular season but nice try.
No...you are wrong. This is the Hudl schedule Big Bear was referring to. Note the dates, and show me where we play Orange Lutheran.

vs Mission Viejo High School
Friday, 28 Aug. at 7:00 p.m.

@ Crespi High School
Friday, 4 Sept. at 7:00 p.m.

vs Cajon High School
Friday, 11 Sept. at 7:00 p.m.

@ TBA
Thursday, 17 Sept. at 7:00 p.m.

vs Notre Dame High School
Friday, 25 Sept. at 7:00 p.m.

vs Orange High School
Friday, 2 Oct. at 7:00 p.m.

@ St. John Bosco High School
Friday, 9 Oct. at 7:00 p.m.

vs Mater Dei High School
Friday, 16 Oct. at 7:00 p.m.

vs JSerra Catholic High School
Friday, 23 Oct. at 7:00 p.m.

@ Santa Margarita Catholic High School
Friday, 30 Oct. at 7:00 p.m.

http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/17272/Varsi ... l/schedule
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

Thank you for the clarification there professor. I did not look at the web site. I was only reacting to the words that were written in this thread..
1 being that bigbear had said it was the preseason schedule and that it didnt include the regular season opponents. He even follow upped with his next comment that the Orange game might be there if no Trinity vs USA game could be found as in last year.
So as you can see I based what I said on his comments. He never gave a date for games. Again thank you for the clarification.
Bigbear

Post by Bigbear »

I may have gotten confused when I clicked on the link for Orange and got directed to Orange HS rather than OLU. When I think about it now, It definitely makes sense that it should have been OLU given that they were the last league opponent Servite faced last season, which means they would then rotate to the beginning of the regular season. Another thing that threw me off was the TBA listing. Servite had one last season as well, which never got fulfilled and ended up being an impromptu bye week, so I ended up writing that one off. I also left off the regular season opponents from my first post as I felt there was no need to list them since most already know who they are. Though, I should have put down the dates of the games as well, so my bad for the confusion.
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

League play starts Oct 2 that "Orange" should be Orange Lutheran.
We play Thurs 9/17 at the Trinity vs USA Showcase at Bosco vs Liberty HS from Peoria, AZ.
Not sure if all the contracts have been signed yet. So it might not be officially official.
The Trinity vs USA is still Bosco's event at Bosco. Bruce and their AD Meza said it was to much work
and gave the event back to Negro.
Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 »

credofriar wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:34 pm The Trinity vs USA is still Bosco's event at Bosco. Bruce and their AD Meza said it was to much work
and gave the event back to Negro.
Yes, It's back at Bosco because the Santa Ana Bowl wouldn't cooperate and was making it difficult to organize, so Negro offered to have it at Bosco, but MD is still running it will be home team etc, except being played at Bosco only because the Bowl officials are too dumb to see what a great event it is, and the city will miss out.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

...Bruce and their AD Meza said it was to much work and gave the event back to Negro

Sheesh...if you're not sure about the "facts" someone posts here no worries, just wait a post or two and you'll get the exact opposite

Is it too much for some to include "I heard that" or "Is it true that" with their unconfirmed misinformation?
George Will

Donald Trump
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

Corona Cen10 schedule:

8/21 MD
8/28 Cathedral Catholic
9/4 @St Frances Academy
9/11 @JSERRA
9/18 Long Beach Poly
10/1 King
10/9 @Santiago
10/16 @Norco
10/23 Roosevelt
10/30 @Corona

Great non league schedule
Sixth Man

Post by Sixth Man »

Got to give it to Poly. They'll play anybody even though they are well past their prime.
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

Just asking, do you think Bosco's rise had anything to do with Poly's demise?

Just asking as it is a very curious coincidence that Bosco has gone from a doormat in the trinity League to an elite National High School program, while basically ( right down 5 miles Bellflower Blvd ) sits Poly an average D1 program, just asking?