COVID-19 Here We Go!

Omar Bongo

COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Coronavirus Rumors And Chaos In Alabama Point To Big Problems As U.S. Seeks To Contain Virus

ANNISTON, Ala. — Not long before local leaders decided, in the words of one of them, that federal health officials “didn’t know what they were doing" with their plan to quarantine novel coronavirus patients in town, a doctor here set out in a biohazard suit to stage a one-man protest along the highway with a sign. “The virus has arrived. Are you ready?” it asked.

Rumors of black helicopters ferrying infected patients to the training center at night were rampant. The local Home Depot sold out of painting and sanding face masks. Hodges, the commissioner, said he heard often from worried residents. But helicopters were common in the area because of a nearby Army depot and National Guard training center. Only now they were nefarious. Other people talked about mysterious vans driving along county roads.

Hodges and Draper held emergency news conferences and meetings to try to lessen the panic. But those meetings also allowed for additional rumors to flourish during public comment periods. A commission meeting included one resident tying the coronavirus to a 1992 United Nations document about climate change.

“The public is going crazy,” said Bobby Foster, a business owner who spoke at the meeting and asked the commissioners to try harder to distribute accurate information.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coron ... r-BB10AXO3

Ingredients:
Pandemic viral threat
Paranoid/Xenophobic populace
Incompetent, lying partisan moron spreading disinformation

Result:
Coming soon... :hide:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:12 am

Vice President Mike Pence, named by President Trump last week to lead the administration’s response to a possible coronavirus outbreak in the United States, said on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday that 15,000 testing kits were released over the weekend.

He defended the White House’s handling of the response to the coronavirus, saying he was “more confident than ever that we are bringing the whole-of-government approach.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-pl ... r-BB10zu1m

Well, the shoe's on the other foot now, ain't it? Wonder how many times in the past the hypocrite VP has quoted St. Reagan to score cheap political points- "The most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:11 pm

There Are Now 102 Cases Of Coronavirus In The US

...according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as state and local governments.

Here is the breakdown by state of cases in the United States:

Arizona – 1
California – 20
Florida - 2
Illinois - 4
Massachusetts - 1
New York - 1
Oregon - 3
Rhode Island - 2
Washington state - 18 (includes 6 fatalities) 
Wisconsin - 1

https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/ ... -intl-hnk/

This is only the tip of the iceberg...stay tuned
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Now, I'm not a doctor, but...

Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:07 pm

And the reason for so many cases reported in Italy - the tests are free and people are getting them. And the treatment is covered by the national health plan.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:32 am

I don't know whether to post this in the Coronavirus or the Bernie thread.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:13 pm

South Korea announces they've set up drive-thru testing stations; Pence says, "I am pleased to report we have 2500 kits available that we will distribute. We approved a process that will allow testing at state and university laboratories."

2500. That we WILL distribute. A quarter of what Korea does in a day. What's wrong with this picture?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:16 pm

And can we please stop using pictures of Chinese people in the news stories on it? Their rate of spread is actually declining.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:35 pm

Quote O'The Day from the British Columbia Provincial Health Minister:

“Wash your hands like you've been chopping jalapeños and you need to change your contacts."

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:55 pm

At a news conference today.

TRUMP: I just wanna add, if I could go a little bit further, the Obama Administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we're doing. We undid that decision a few days ago, so that the testing can take place in a much more accurate and rapid fashion. That was a decision we disagreed with. I don't think we would have made it, for some reason it was made, but we've undone that decision.

Who else is surprised that Trump would find a way to blame Obama?

Hahahaha.....just kidding!!
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Actually that's a completely made-up LIE. No one can find out what the hell "decision" he's using as an excuse for his own ineptitude:

An aide to Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tennessee, said the Obama administration made no such rule change...Alexander served as chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions during the Obama administration...

When asked about Trump's remarks, Peter Kyriacopolous, chief policy officer at the Association of Public Health Laboratories, said: "We aren't sure what rule is being referenced"...

The White House did not offer a comment when asked to explain why the President said it was an Obama-era decision.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/03/04/politics/ ... index.html

F'n LIAR
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 pm

Not surprised. He's an idiot.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 pm

On the contrary, he knows exactly what he's doing. It's his drones who unquestioningly lap it up and repeat his lies who are the idiots
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:54 am

On a lighter note.
Attachments
89298881_4277653768912235_8296630077060284416_n.png

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Trump is disagreeing with experts because he has a "hunch."

We are being led by a buffoon.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:18 pm

Perspective on So. Korea's 10,000 tests per day - it would still take 5 days to test a baseball stadium worth of people. Wash your hands.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 pm

And a question I haven't seen an answer to: Would a pneumococcal shot be of any benefit or are the symptoms only pneumonia-like?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:24 am

Do vaccines against pneumonia protect you against the new coronavirus?

No. Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib) vaccine, do not provide protection against the new coronavirus.

The virus is so new and different that it needs its own vaccine. Researchers are trying to develop a vaccine against 2019-nCoV, and WHO is supporting their efforts.

Although these vaccines are not effective against 2019-nCoV, vaccination against respiratory illnesses is highly recommended to protect your health.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... th-busters
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:27 am

Thanks, Omar. I guess the answer would be obvious, since the problem is the virus itself attacking the lungs. It probably only feels like pneumonia.

Interesting, though, that so many people have apparently contracted it and not realized it while it's been so aggressive with others. That doesn't seem to be related to the risk factors (heart and vascular disease, COPD, etc.) they've warned about. Dumb luck, I guess.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:54 am

Director from Columbia University's National Center for Disease Preparedness, Dr Irwin Redlener; "This is the most egregious level of incompetence in an administration in memory". "The gross amateur hour coming out of the White House is stunning"

Far worse than our response to Katrina, he says.