COVID-19 Here We Go!

Wabash

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by Wabash » Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 am

Business Insider is reporting that Trump is sending thousands of ventilators to Russia.

Meanwhile Trump is telling the governors.

"You're on your own."
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Terminal 1 at LAX around 11:30 today. We came around the overpass and said "what the hell???"

The freeway was surprisingly busy. Not slow but more cars than we expected. And trucks. Lots of trucks. And containers. More shipping than I expected to see.
20200520_112438.jpg
Don't look at me, I just work here.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Wed May 20, 2020 2:41 pm

The California of yesteryear...

I heard a lot of people are, or have moved from populated areas. Mainly NY. I wonder about the impact this will have on California real estate and population. With many people able to work virtually you could live anywhere.

shreader

Post by shreader » Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm
Yeah, we turned it (to?) political
Ya, the 1st grade Grammar police have a hard time w/ understanding.
whats so hard to understand 'to political' or 'way to political'?
That & the TDS people have ruined this thread.

Think I'll just stay @ MDL COVID-19 information & links for reading interested peoples info.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 am

We're here to discuss, friend...care to?

Anything on the actual point, namely that, your ironic twisting of reality aside, no one has worked harder to politicize this epidemic than your boy in the WH?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu May 21, 2020 4:34 am

Ahhh......the military president strikes again.

In response to COVID-19, 40,000 National Guard members were activated in late March in order to assist with testing for and tracking the disease. It's risky work, with the result that over 1,000 soldiers have themselves contracted COVID-19. Their labor is still needed, but on Tuesday the White House announced that, come hell or high water, their service is expected to conclude on June 24. That just so happens to be...89 days after they were first deployed.

While it's not like 90 days of service entitles someone to the same benefits as, say, a careerist who puts in 20 years. It does afford some benefits, like some tuition assistance, which seems apropos given the risks that these folks have taken, as well as the fact that the economy is sluggish right now, and that's often the best time to go back to school. Maybe there will be an outcry, and this decision will be reversed. In any event, it's still more evidence that Donald Trump's claims to being pro-military are about as substantive as his claims to being a Christian.

The sad part is how many of them will still vote for him.

Hard to have any sympathy for them if they do.
Last edited by Wabash on Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu May 21, 2020 4:36 am

shreader wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 pm
That & the TDS people have ruined this thread.
I love the term "TDS."

It just reveals the thin skin of those using the term.

If Trump critics have TDS, then Obama critics had ODS. They had a group that went so far as to claim that Obama could not be president because of forged birth certificate.

And who led that idiot's parade?................Donald J. Trump.

The difference is that Obama took all their hits and just kept being presidential.

Trump tweets insults like the spoiled child we now know him to be.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm

CNBC is reporting.
President Donald Trump on Thursday said “we are not closing our country” if the U.S. is hit by a second wave of coronavirus infections.

“People say that’s a very distinct possibility, it’s standard,” Trump said when asked about a second wave during a tour of a Ford factory in Michigan.

“We are going to put out the fires. We’re not going to close the country,” Trump said. “We can put out the fires. Whether it is an ember or a flame, we are going to put it out. But we are not closing our country.”
He didn’t close the country for the first wave. Trump put it all on the governors and then threw them under the bus.
Attachments
99120499_10222183253681128_2050544784430333952_n.jpg
99120499_10222183253681128_2050544784430333952_n.jpg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 164 times

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu May 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Lockdown Delays Cost at Least 36,000 Lives, Data Show

If the United States had begun imposing social distancing measures one week earlier than it did in March, about 36,000 fewer people would have died in the coronavirus outbreak, according to new estimates from Columbia University disease modelers.

And if the country had begun locking down cities and limiting social contact on March 1, two weeks earlier than most people started staying home, the vast majority of the nation’s deaths — about 83 percent — would have been avoided, the researchers estimated.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lockd ... r-BB14ohR4
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu May 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Press release from the OC County Sheriff:

Protest in San Clemente results in eight arrests

SAN CLEMENTE, Ca. (May 21, 2020) – This morning at approximately 9 a.m. a protest occurred in
the city of San Clemente related to the Governor’s stay-at-home orders. The vast majority of
demonstrators peacefully exercised their First Amendment rights, with an estimated 200 people
attending the protest.

Unfortunately, despite numerous warnings prior to the event, some individuals chose to commit
unlawful activity. Eight people were arrested; their booking charges are below. Trespassing charges
indicate the individual is suspected of entering into the city parking lot encircled by fencing erected by
the city of San Clemente and refusing to leave after multiple requests. Those arrested for failure to
disperse are suspected to have remained after the protest was declared unlawful, and were provided
multiple warnings to relocate to an area designated for the protest.

Adam Kiefer, 27, Hesperia- Trespassing
Mary Lou Tanner, 40, Aliso Viejo - Trespassing
Adam Wincek, 22, Mission Viejo- Trespassing
Keegan Hill, 22, San Clemente- Trespassing
Alan Hostetter, 55, San Clemente- Inciting a Riot, Trespassing, Destruction of City Property,
and Resisting Arrest
Kenneth Collins, 75, San Clemente- Failure to Disperse
Patricia Cabada, 42, Orange- Failure to Disperse
Kirk Heintz, 60, San Juan Capistrano- Failure to Disperse

“We always have and always will protect First Amendment rights,” said Orange County Sheriff Don
Barnes. “That does not entitle individuals to commit other violations of law. We appreciate the support
we have received from the community as we defend the rights afforded to us by the Constitution and
uphold the law.”

https://www.ocsd.org/civicax/inc/blobfe ... bID=115820

broman

Post by broman » Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Alan Hostetter is a straight up thug.....

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu May 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: the graph above, guess who:

"Columbia is an institution that's very liberal"..."I think it's just a political hit job, you want to know the truth."

Bingo!
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu May 21, 2020 8:20 pm

broman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 pm
Alan Hostetter is a straight up thug.....
Former La Habra police chief, now owns a yoga studio and gets arrested for inciting a riot, destroying city property and resisting arrest? All the same guy? Interesting career path.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 am

There, now was that so hard?

George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri May 22, 2020 9:12 am

Random thoughts:

Where are all the men on the teevee news getting their haircuts and how come the women on Faux don't have an inch or so of brown or grey roots showing?

Would all the anti-social morons wear masks if there were MAGA/NRA/Gadsden Flag* models?

* Which would be kinda hilarious, actually.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 pm

That is hysterical. ROFL

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat May 23, 2020 9:36 pm

This describes Trump and his followers perfectly.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1590298375583.jpg

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun May 24, 2020 8:26 am

Trump supporters are whining about the NY Times publishing the names of the almost 100K Covid-19 victims as Trump goes golfing.

Proving that their memory span is the equivalent of a mosquito on crack.

Trump criticized Obama for going golfing when Ebola had killed two Americans.
Attachments
Trump Golf Ebola.png

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue May 26, 2020 4:31 pm

The results are streaming in...keep waving those signs and flags and guns while you can!

(Reuters) - Twenty U.S. states reported an increase in new cases of COVID-19 for the week ended May 24, up from 13 states in the prior week, as the death toll from the novel coronavirus approaches 100,000, according to a Reuters analysis.

South Carolina had the biggest weekly increase at 42%. Alabama's new cases rose 28% from the previous week, Missouri's rose 27% and North Carolina's rose 26%, according to the analysis of data from The COVID Tracking Project, a volunteer-run effort to track the outbreak.

New cases in Georgia, one of the first states to reopen, rose 21% after two weeks of declines...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/where ... r-BB14C5sV

Yeah, the (CDC) recommended states wait for their daily number of new COVID-19 cases to fall for 14 days before easing social distancing restrictions...but what do they know :roll:
George Will

Donald Trump