COVID-19 Here We Go!

Vilepagan

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 pm
How could this happen in the richest, most technologically advanced country in the world? The president has a theory...see below
What's trump's theory?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:02 am

See below
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:26 am

LOL
John Q. Public wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 pm
The governors of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have mandated a 14-day quarantine for travelers from 8 states that are failing to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Better late than never.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Reopening Reverses Course in Texas and Florida as Coronavirus Cases Spike

SAN ANTONIO —Texas and Florida — whose leaders were praised by President Trump for being among the first to end coronavirus restrictions — abruptly reversed course Friday as virus infections soared to record levels, slamming the door shut on bars and imposing other measures in a bid to contain the pandemic. Both states are backtracking amid a crisis of rising hospitalizations and skyrocketing infection rates.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) ordered bars to close and restaurants to reduce occupancy, and he gave local governments authority to ban outdoor gatherings of more than 100 people.

In Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) ordered bars to close immediately Friday because of “widespread noncompliance” with rules regarding capacity and social distancing

Meanwhile, this from the vice-presidential lapdog:

“As we stand here today, all 50 states and territories across the country are opening up, and safely and responsibly,” Pence said.

What an idiot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/reope ... r-BB161ocJ
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:04 pm

WTF???

The Trump Campaign Reportedly Ordered Venue Workers to Remove Thousands of Labels Meant to Encourage Social Distancing Ahead of His Tulsa Rally

The Trump campaign ordered the removal of 19,000 labels meant to encourage social distancing at his Tulsa rally last Saturday, Billboard reported.

Doug Thornton, Executive Vice President for ASM Global, which manages the BOK Center, told Billboard that Trump campaign staff asked the arena not to put the labels on the seats.

"They also told us that they didn't want any signs posted saying we should social distance in the venue," Thornton told Billboard. "The campaign went through and removed the stickers."

Video obtained by The Washington Post shows workers at the venue removing the 12,000 social-distancing labels from the seats.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB162T5J

But they made damn sure that EVERYBODY entering signed a waiver accepting the blame if they contracted the virus...un-effing-believable
George Will

Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:56 am

Do you Really think Trump supporters would social distance themselves even if there were stickers?

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:24 am

...or even read stickers?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:07 pm

I wish I could carry this video around to play for maskless Karens and morons wearing their masks on their chins. :steam:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:11 pm

"We shouldn't presume that a group of experts somehow knows what's best for everyone.'" - "Doctor" Rand Paul

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm

The apple fell far from the tree.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Kentucky is being represented by the ghost of Yogi Berra.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:04 am

Just to prove that America doesn't have a monopoly on stupid,
More than 100 people have tested positive for coronavirus in India after attending the wedding – and then funeral – of the groom, who reportedly tied the knot while ill with the disease.

Officials in Bihar state [India] said Wednesday the 26-year-old groom had symptoms of the deadly virus when he got married on June 15.

He died two days later.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/corona ... neral.html

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 pm

This tweet. How could anyone possibly think that getting the virus under control and re-opening the economy are separate things?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:17 am

The same way they could go into a voting booth and pull the lever next to trump's name...
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:48 am

Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 pm

SAN CARLOS, Sonora — Mexican authorities are closing the U.S-Sonora border to nonessential travel this holiday weekend, when Arizonans would normally flock to Mexican beach towns like Rocky Point and San Carlos for the Fourth of July.

Starting Saturday, July 4, southbound travelers without essential business in Sonora will be turned away at border checkpoints in Nogales, Agua Prieta, Sonoyta and San Luis Rio Colorado, said Sonora Gov. Claudia Pavlovich’s office. The governor did not specify an end-date for the border closure.

Citing surging COVID-19 cases in Arizona, Pavlovich said in a news release that the closure aims to stop tourists from spreading the novel coronavirus in the already stressed Mexican state.

https://tucson.com/news/local/as-covid- ... 2dbe9.html
Shouldn't be much longer till they start calling us a ****hole. :(