A world without sports

Wabash

Re: A world without sports

Post by Wabash » Mon May 18, 2020 9:19 am

I have no idea what this means. I am not eligible for a stimulus payment.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

mdnc1994

Post by mdnc1994 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:21 am

Tommy Tar wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:55 am
Liberty University just finished their 2020 spring semester with zero COVID cases.
Not according to this...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... falwell-jr

"Lead physician Thomas W Eppes Jr confirmed in the report that nearly a dozen Liberty students showed symptoms of Covid-19 since returning to campus.

According to Eppes, of three off campus students tested, one was positive, one negative and the results are pending for the third. Eight other students were told to self-isolate.

“We’ve lost the ability to corral this thing,” Eppes told Falwell before the school’s reopening..."

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon May 18, 2020 9:29 am

God's will.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon May 18, 2020 9:34 am

Thanks for that, mdnc. I was going to say "Waitaminit!. Weren't they sued right off the bat by students who got it?"
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon May 18, 2020 9:55 am

A little closer to the topic,
Leading South Korea club FC Seoul apologised to fans after inadvertently substituting supporters in the stands with sex dolls during their 1-0 win over Gwangju FC on Sunday.

While the season started on May 8, fans are not yet allowed in stadiums because of the coronavirus outbreak.

For Seoul's first home game, around 20 mannequins, many holding banners and all wearing masks, were spaced evenly around the seats behind the goal usually occupied by the club's most active fans.

As the game progressed, however, Korean social media started to light up as it became apparent to viewers that these mannequins, supplied by a local company, Dalkom, whose CEO is a Seoul fan, looked very much like sex dolls.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-seoul/st ... -in-stands
Love the "inadvertently."
Don't look at me, I just work here.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:30 pm

A rational perspective.

Adding to Dr. Fauci's diagnosis: The critical case for ending our shutdown

"We must not forget that total lockdown — not the virus — is generating catastrophic harms. Restricting other medical care and instilling fear in the public is creating a massive health disaster, in addition to severe economic harms that could generate a world poverty crisis. In the U.S. alone, 150,000 new cancer cases arise every month among patients, and most have not been seen; of the 650,000 U.S. cancer patients receiving chemotherapy, an estimated half are missing their treatments. Half of urgent-care patients are not seeking medical attention; two-thirds of physical therapy is not being administered. Transplants from living donors are down almost 85 percent. Emergency stroke evaluations are down 40 percent. And that doesn’t include the two-thirds to three-fourths of people who are skipping cancer screenings, and the more than half of children who are failing to receive vaccinations, all pointing to a massive future health disaster."