ELECTION 2020

Wabash

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Wabash » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:58 pm

John Q. Public wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:49 pm
A press release posing as a letter from McLaughlin & Associates...
McLaughlin has earned a reputation for comically overstating how well Republican candidates are doing. He told Eric Cantor he was up by 34 points, only to see Cantor lose his election by 10 points. McLaughlin is so bad, most Republican candidates and entities (including the National Republican Congressional Committee) won't use him anymore. For Trump 2020, his job will be to explain how wrong polls like the CNN poll are, and how people shouldn't pay attention to fake news like that. That's all well and good, unless the "fake" polls are...actually correct. Campaign manager Brad Parscale probably won't even look at McLaughlin's polls. He undoubtedly has hired a reliable pollster to tell him which states to focus on. But he probably won't show Trump those results for fear of being sued.

See post about CNN.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:28 pm

Specifically, the NBC/WSJ poll on Sunday was among registered voters, not likely voters
While it's accurate that 1,259 adults were reached on landlines or cell phones by a live interviewer for the survey, the 14-point margin by which Trump is trailing Biden came from a question posed only to 1,125 registered voters. It's typical for polling to sample registered voters rather than likely ones at this stage of the race, as it's difficult to project whether voters will participate in an election that is five months away. CNN, as do most public pollsters, typically reports results from likely voters around Labor Day.

The refusal to screen for actual likely voters is creating an under-polling of Republicans and therefore Trump voters.Again this shorts Republicans about 7 points from the 2016 exit polls which had 33% Republicans
That percentage of respondents, however, is consistent with several other major polls that use live telephone interviews, which provide the most reliable snapshot of the race. McLaughlin this week argued that pollsters should include a third of Republicans in surveys to reflect the 33% that they represented in the 2016 vote, but exit polls nearly always have higher shares of partisans and lower shares of independents than pre-election phone polls.

This poll was done May 28th through June 2nd and would not have a Friday’s great jobs impact.
The poll [was] conducted between June 2 and 5 (the day Trump was touting the phony favorable job numbers)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... r-BB15j0EJ

Well golly, other than that, every criticism seems spot on :roll:

Their take on the poll is just hilarious: "It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President..." That's Trump's exact political strategy against Biden :lol:

Oh, and one more thing..."McLaughlin & Associates...ranks as one of the least accurate pollsters in the industry, as measured by FiveThirtyEight" https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Nuff said...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Wabash wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:55 pm
I am certain he was able to use that tactic with some success as a private citizen. Trying to use the courts as a bludgeon against his critics.
Except this one's so wacky the only action CNN would have to take would be to write a story about how wacky it is. Or maybe do like the Cleveland Browns did and send his lawyer a letter letting him know some ******* is signing his name on stupid letters.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:11 pm

An actual lawyer's opinion:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:51 pm

OMG! OMG! OMG! So Charlotte turned down the GOP convention and they decided to have it in Jacksonville. But Jacksonville doesn't have the hotel capacity. But it does have a port, so they're honestagod looking into bringing in CRUISE SHIPS to house the delegates. :bonk:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:39 pm

He's got my vote!

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Ted Lieu releases campaign ad. Have the sound on for the Top Gun effect.

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:33 pm

Big spend. For one week. In June. In all markets. In a state a Republican shouldn't have to buy any TV time in.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Donald spending more money.