The Murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Wabash

The Murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Post by Wabash » Fri May 08, 2020 8:26 am

Gunned down by two armed idiots while jogging through a neighborhood.

It only took about three months for indictments to be handed down.

Now the neighbors of the two gunmen are trying to portray them as victims.

According to this we are obligated to obey the "simple" commands of strangers armed waving guns.

If there were ever two poster children for tighter gun regulation, these two are it.
Attachments
96244842_10219513541203972_8181813833027813376_n.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Re: The Murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Post by broman » Fri May 08, 2020 3:10 pm

Something else had to trigger these men to turn this into a life and death situation. This jogger/bugler was such a treat that it had to handled at that very moment. Speculation on my part but maybe these guys watched and saw the reaction the armed protesters in Michigan got. Praise from the White House, praise from right wing media. That is the proper way to react or how to carry yourself. Everything is liberty vs oppression. How come some other good church folk neighbors didn't tell them to take a step back?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri May 08, 2020 4:04 pm

I am betting that because one of them was a retired law enforcement type he believed he could get away with it.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat May 09, 2020 2:40 am

To see the sequence of events that led to Arbery’s death as benign requires a cascade of assumptions. One must assume that two men arming themselves and chasing down a stranger running through their neighborhood is a normal occurrence. One must assume that the two armed white men had a right to self-defense, and that the black man suddenly confronted by armed strangers did not. One must assume that state laws are meant to justify an encounter in which two people can decide of their own volition to chase, confront, and kill a person they’ve never met.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat May 09, 2020 11:39 am

Jussie Smollett was a victim to before the Chicago PD showed their info. I'll wait until the State AG show their info.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat May 09, 2020 11:51 am

Until there was public outrage, the county DA's report was being kept private.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat May 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Are we going to have a Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman repeat?

Wabash wrote:
Zimmerman is innocent till proven guilty. Let's remember that.

It's why we have courts and due process.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16724&p=382093&hil ... in#p382093
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

broman

Post by broman » Sat May 09, 2020 12:34 pm

I'm sure Ahmaud wanted due process too...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat May 09, 2020 12:38 pm

I agree they are innocent till proven guilty.

Where did I say otherwise?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun May 10, 2020 3:08 am

Wabash wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:38 pm
I agree they are innocent till proven guilty.

Where did I say otherwise?
Well, there is the thread title where you claim Mr. Arbery was "murdered", and the definition of "murder' is "the unlawful killing of another" so there's that...perhaps "The death of Ahmaud Arbery" would have been a more neutral title.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun May 10, 2020 3:16 am

broman wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:34 pm
I'm sure Ahmaud wanted due process too...
No doubt. I think the problem for these two individuals is going to be showing that they were acting properly in attempting a citizens arrest on Mr. Arbery. I don't know the law in GA but most laws regarding citizens arrests require the offense you're arresting someone for to be committed in your presence. In short you can arrest someone you personally see commit a crime, but that wasn't the case here. These guys went after someone they suspected of a crime but they had no authority to do so. No idea what the gun laws are like in GA so I don't know if they were within their rights to go after him while armed.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun May 10, 2020 4:57 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:08 am
Well, there is the thread title where you claim Mr. Arbery was "murdered", a
We know he did not die of natural causes. The video shows that it was not accidental.

How would you have described his death?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun May 10, 2020 8:31 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:16 am
No idea what the gun laws are like in GA so I don't know if they were within their rights to go after him while armed.
Wayull, they might have changed since then, but in '64 it was perfectly acceptable for two unsupervised 11 year-olds to be a-shootin' at stuff in our back yard. (it was a big yard)
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 am

This was posted by a FB friend who is a deputy in Sacramento County.
I don't know enough about the case and the totality of the circumstances however I researched and discovered Georgia is one of 4 states in the US that does not have Hate crime laws which is an issue within itself.

I see 2nd degree murder possibly due to watching the video the perpetrators created their own exigency with aggressing towards the victim and creating that exigency, per the law sounds like it will be a manslaughter case.

I do believe these two need to spend the rest of their life in prison. This does start the conversation that Georgia needs justice reform.

However I don't know enough about the case, if they were trying to do a citizens arrest and the victim in this case grabbed one of their guns that is granted by the code to use lethal force however they created the exigency by being the aggressors. I feel bad for the victim and his family.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon May 11, 2020 2:23 am

Wabash wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:57 am
We know he did not die of natural causes. The video shows that it was not accidental.
Does it? I've seen the video. Tell me again what you KNOW from watching that video.
How would you have described his death?
Well, you got into trouble precisely because you attempted to "describe' Mr. Arbery's death. At this point all you know is that he died under questionable circumstances. As I posted previously if you would have left off the description you'd have been more accurate.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon May 11, 2020 2:25 am

Wabash wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 am
This was posted by a FB friend who is a deputy in Sacramento County.
Do you understand what he is saying?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon May 11, 2020 5:14 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:25 am
Do you understand what he is saying?
Yes.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 am

Excellent, can you explain what you think you know from your friends FB post or do you wish to be difficult?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon May 11, 2020 6:25 am

I believe his explanation is self explanatory.

It is pretty obvious what he is saying.

What specifically do you need explained?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon May 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Wabash wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:25 am
I believe his explanation is self explanatory.

It is pretty obvious what he is saying.
I didn't think so. Let me know what you think he said or just continue to be an ass. I really don't care which way you decide to go.