New CDC tools on schools.

Tommy Tar

New CDC tools on schools.

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed May 20, 2020 4:13 pm

The purpose of this tool is to assist administrators in making (re)opening decisions regarding K-12 schools during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is important to check with state and local health officials and other partners to determine the most appropriate actions while adjusting to meet the unique needs and circumstances of the local community.

Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home. To practice social or physical distancing:

Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people
Do not gather in groups
Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings

Lowest Risk: Performing skill-building drills or conditioning at home, alone or with family members.
Increasing Risk: Team-based practice.
More Risk: Within-team competition.
Even More Risk: Full competition between teams from the same local geographic area.
Highest Risk: Full competition between teams from different geographic areas.
========snip========

The end of all high school sports?
Maybe the start of all club sports?

Also someone posted that on schools buses the students had to set alone and every other seat. Buy stock in school bus builders like Blue Bird (BLBD)
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: New CDC tools on schools.

Post by John Q. Public » Wed May 20, 2020 5:59 pm

I don't know where that was copied from, but here's the full CDC release it came from:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ports.html
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed May 20, 2020 6:11 pm

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu May 21, 2020 7:58 am

NFHS releases return-to-play guidelines for high school sports in 2020-2021.

https://scorebooklive.com/california/na ... r3ssm_W3PI

* There should be no gatherings of 10 or more people, inside or outside.

* There should be no locker room usage.

* Workouts should consist of the same pod of five to 10 students – with proper social-distancing of at least 6 feet between all athletes and coaches.

* Athletes and coaches should wash their hands a minimum of 20 seconds, and should utilize hand sanitizer whenever possible.

* Students should be encouraged to go directly home after a workout and wash their clothes and gear.

* There should be no shared athletic equipment or apparel among students, including towels and water bottles.

* There should be no sharing of a single ball (basketball, football, soccer ball, volleyball, baseball, softball) among players in a team workout or drill. :eh?:
---------snip---------

How do you not share the ball in the games?

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:45 am

I have played pick up basketball where only one guy touches the ball. They were called ball hogs now it's called social ball distancing.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu May 21, 2020 8:56 am

No sharing of a ball in team sports? ](*,)

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu May 21, 2020 9:11 am

Maybe if they had all the receivers and running backs carry little packets of disinfecting wipes.

broman

Post by broman » Thu May 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Random thoughts

Covid and other viruses will have to be covered in the "risk/participation" to limit the liability of schools districts. High risk sports like football are going to suffer.

How are schools going to test and screen students and faculty? What about the liabilities and responsibilities of the school and the parents?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu May 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:How do you not share the ball in the games?
There should be no sharing of a single ball (basketball, football, soccer ball, volleyball, baseball, softball) among players in a team workout or drill.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu May 21, 2020 3:16 pm

But still, how do you do that? Give everyone their own ball and have the QB point to the designated ball carrier? (From a safe distance, of course)

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu May 21, 2020 3:27 pm

You design workouts and drills in which you don't share the ball. It's not that difficult.

Pretty much the only people affected in football would be the QBs, RBs and receivers. Also mentioned is creating pods of several players - maybe they could disinfect themselves and the ball(s) they share in their own pod?

Basketball is something else. Golf, something else again.

Case by case...of course you can't exactly simulate all game situations yet. Step by step...anything is an improvement of doing nothing, isn't it?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Actually Phil Jackson coached both MJ and Kobe to "take over the games" the problem is after many years of ball hogging other great players no longer wanted to play on THEIR team. No matter how great a human being you were. This was particularly evident in later years. The Shaq/Kobe feud left at least three championships on the floor, by their own words.