Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Re: The George Floyd killing and its aftermath

Post by broman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Love her "angry face"...

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 pm

Her finger is actually on the trigger...if she fires the gun with her arm in that position she's gonna need a new set of dentures
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Where have I seen that look?

Oh yeah!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1593476314521.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:31 pm

I kind of wonder if either one of them has ever fired their guns. Karen's going to hurt herself if her finger slips and that's the least awkward picture I've seen of her husband. Plus the AR-15 isn't the ideal gun for a left-hander, as it shoots hot brass out right in front of your nose. If you aren't shooting it John Wayne style.

I'm surprised they weren't charged with ADW, especially her, since she was pointing her gun directly at people. With her finger on the trigger.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:04 pm

That rifle looks like it has never touched the ground, let alone fired a shot.

If their story checks out then they were justified. But having been a firing line instructor, I want to whip both of them to death with her pistol. Jesus H...

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm

Shameless Hyperbole for $100, Alex...

“It was like the storming of the Bastille, the gate came down and a large crowd of angry, aggressive people poured through,” personal injury lawyer Mark McCloskey, 63, told KMOV-TV on Monday.

“I was terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds. Our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed.”

...Mark McCloskey told KMOV that the “mob of at least 100” had “smashed through the historic wrought iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them,” even though video evidence refuted that claim, showing as it did the gate intact, and protesters opening it and walking through.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st-lo ... r-BB167Pss
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 pm

Does ADW only apply to poor POC? It does not seem to apply to white people.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:07 pm

I think pink polo shirts and relaxed fit Dockers relieve a person of criminal responsibility.

Call me a bumpkin, I guess, but when I saw the video I couldn't figure out why those two were guarding a courthouse.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 am

Entered by one gate, protested at the Mayor's house, and left by this gate. Can't tell if it's the back side of the same gate, or a different one.

Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 am

If you can't tell what happened or don't know what happened why are you here telling us what happened?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Milley Confirms Soldiers Deployed to DC Amid Unrest Were Given Bayonets

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley confirmed that soldiers who were deployed to Washington to quell the protests over George Floyd's death were given bayonets, The Associated Press reported Thursday.

Milley described the issuing of the bayonets in a letter dated June 26 addressed to Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.) and Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) after the congressmen had asked him about the reported use of the weapon in a June 22 letter.

The congressmen had expressed concern in the letter that the use of bayonets could escalate violence, comparing the situation to when the troops had the weapon at the 1970 Kent State shooting.

Milley did not commit to discontinue use of the weapon in his response saying the situation would depend on individual circumstances.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mille ... r-BB16gT1j
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:46 pm

The story also said the bayonets were never affixed or taken out of their scabbards and that the troops never entered the city. But the situation on that is so bizarre that somebody probably had to go into the archives to find an SOP for what to do if DC is attacked by ground troops and maybe bayonets were included in it. Otherwise I'd have to wonder who made the call (or didn't skip over that part) and how, when and where they were distributed - or if they were. Weapons of any kind, and ammo, aren't the kind of things soldiers just carry around when they aren't in a combat zone.