Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

Vilepagan

Re: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Wabash wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:14 am
Nope. Did not forget at all.
Oh, you were moving the goalposts around so much it was hard to tell.
You seem very angry lately.

Are you okay?
You seem very silly lately, are you alright?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Re: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

Post by Wabash » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:37 pm

I am fine. Thank you for asking.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:15 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics ... index.html

The intelligence that assessed there was an effort by a Russian military intelligence unit to pay the Taliban to kill US soldiers was included in one of President Donald Trump's daily briefings on intelligence matters sometime in the spring, according to a US official with direct knowledge of the latest information.

That assessment, the source said, was backed up by "several pieces of information" that supported the view that there was an effort by the Russian intelligence unit -- the GRU -- to pay bounties to kill US soldiers, including interrogation of Taliban detainees and electronic eavesdropping. The source said there was some other information that did not corroborate this view but said, nonetheless, '"This was a big deal. When it's about US troops you go after it 100%, with everything you got."
Trump is not known to fully or regularly read the President's Daily Brief, something that is well-known within the White House.
The information was serious enough the National Security Council staff held a meeting during the spring to discuss "possible response options," including sanctions, if the intelligence developed to the point it was deemed ready to take to the President for any possible action, the official said.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 am

Trump's response via Twitter.
"Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP. Possibly another fabricated Russia Hoax, maybe by the Fake News @nytimesbooks, wanting to make Republicans look bad!!!"
The President concedes he heard about the GRU's efforts, but: (1) the information wasn't credible, and also (2) this whole thing is being exaggerated to make him and other Republicans look bad, and also (3) it's all a hoax. None of these excuses stands up to scrutiny by themselves, and taken as a whole, they are mutually contradictory. For example, it cannot be the case that the threat was real but deemed non-credible, and at the same time was also a made-up hoax.

Business Insider is reporting that NATO was briefed on this matter as well.

Putin is claiming it is fake news.

I am sure he would not lie. #snark
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:43 am

Wabash wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 am
The President concedes he heard about the GRU's efforts, but...
No he didn't. From your own quote: "Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP..

(emphasis added)
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am

His tweet contradicts itself.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:08 am

Yikes!!

He does not mince words.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:55 am

Wabash wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am
His tweet contradicts itself.
It also contradicted your post. Why would you post a claim that's patently false?