Recruiting in the Trinity League

Domingo

Recruiting in the Trinity League

Post by Domingo »

Winner’s Circle is where many of the best football players in So Cal train including dozens and dozens of Trinity League players. How blatant has recruiting become amongst these schools? So blatant apparently that they now wear it as a badge of honor. Wow.
Kuppster

Re: Recruiting in the Trinity League

Post by Kuppster »

Yikes

I hate that place and the guy that runs in. He doesn't care about these young men like it might look.
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

WCA is a pimp. At least they are honest about who they are. This article does not put them in a good light where they blatantly disregarded COVID guidelines. Guess they thought they were above the law and didn't have to follow the rules.

Domingo

Post by Domingo »

I don’t think he’s a pimp, he’s a providing a service that’s in very high demand. Nothing illegal about that. I’m more concerned about the blatant recruiting going on in HS football that has destroyed the game.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

OutOfState wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:42 am WCA is a pimp
What do you mean by that?
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

Just curious, when MV was winning with their group of "farmers" were you outraged then?

It was under the radar to the average fan, so not as blatant, as now.

But at least now everybody is doing it out in the open, and MV is a nice mid level program!
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

joefutbol wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:24 pm What do you mean by that?
I put all these people like this or those that run 7x7 clubs and ‘showcases’ in the same bucket as people whose motives are to profit of the talent of kids. I don’t buy it for a second that they actually care for these kids like their real coaches and parents do. They are in this as a business first and foremost. They try to sell false hopes to most of these kids but it’s a load of BS.

That is what I mean by a ‘pimp’.
Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 »

I understand he's doing this for the kids, despite it being his business - but the way he's gone about doing so comes off as shady, Especially the way he's quoted and responds. His tone is nothing but arrogant.

He worked around the county restrictions, ignoring multiple cease and desist orders for the Showcase camps, which the Showcases were done by time the county could take action. Then only to move onto the "WCA football League" and moving game/practice site to San Bernardino County, to which County Officials were clueless to as well - again then ordered to cease, but by then, the League finished. Its like he knew what he was doing, buying his time to get enough games/films in and then getting those offers.

He claims, no one got sick and the kids got offers.. but

Will see how many of those offers hold - and/or will be committable. Unless those kids start getting more offers from other schools, the chances those offers hold are slim. History has proved that.

You can see why people either love Jordan Campbell or dislike him.

Everyone knows MD and Bosco are always in the running for the top kids, but he didnt have to say "WCA 8th graders... being recruited by MD/Bosco.. He just like to stir the pot. Any reputable establishment wouldn't speak the arrogance this guy spews. If you follow Campbell's history dating back to HS/USC/UCONN days, you see the same conceit and controversy has continued..
OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan »

Haters hate.........
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Fair enough, but there's nothing wrong with running a business and earning a profit when you're providing a desirable service. If they're straight up lying to players and parents, that's another thing...
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

We had multiple kids play for wca this fall. All you need to know about him was he made all the kids that posted about the games to say they were going to Arizona to play the games. Multiple kids were “business road trip to AZ” so I text some of our servite kids and they were like “no the games are at Aquinas but coach Jordan wants us to put on social media we are playing in arizona.”
The guy is an absolute con man and expects $$$ for his top level players.
OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan »

Eric Sondheimer is a baby.

Eric could find out where the action was ahead of the events. Because he strongly dislikes not being the lead story he started this butcher job on the WCA. Servite fans gave them the beginning information.

I could find anything ahead of the events because I'm not in the inner circle but I'm not crying at the fact that most of these children will not be coming to the Sunset League.

This is the outlet that kids need at this time.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Daforno wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:59 pm Just curious, when MV was winning with their group of "farmers" were you outraged then?

It was under the radar to the average fan, so not as blatant, as now.

But at least now everybody is doing it out in the open, and MV is a nice mid level program!
Just curious, does it still bother you? You must have got beat real bad to hold a grudge for 16 or so years...and by a mid level program no less...oh well drivel on...