Tulsi Gabbard leaves Hawaii National Guard for California unit

Tommy Tar

Tulsi Gabbard leaves Hawaii National Guard for California unit

Post by Tommy Tar »

HONOLULU — Congresswoman and former presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard has left the Hawaii Army National Guard for a new assignment with a California-based Army Reserve unit, military officials said.

The Hawaii National Guard confirmed Gabbard, who holds the rank of major, made the switch in June, but the transfer to an out-of-state unit was not formally announced, even to the state’s National Guard personnel.
*********** snip***********
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-arm ... rnia-unit/

If we see unrest in California after the election will we see Gabbard deployed? And if so what will that do to her as a national Democrat candidate? I voted for Gabbard in the primary election. :thumbsup:
President Elect Tommy Tar.
joefutbol

Re: Tulsi Gabbard leaves Hawaii National Guard for California unit

Post by joefutbol »

I'd put those odds somewhere between 0% and 1%. Closer to 0.
broman

Post by broman »

She can shut down the next doo dah Trump parade I saw in Los Al/Cypress yesterday. :wink:
ventura

Post by ventura »

Tommy Tar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:09 pm I voted for Gabbard in the primary election
For the life of me, I don't know how Biden got the nomination. If there was ever a less promising candidate than Hillary, it is Joe. I have a liberal friend who was furious at his nomination.

I have a son who was a complete Bernie guy, and when he saw Bernie join Hillary's camp after what the dems did to him, he abandoned ship, so disillusioned he was with a man he thought had ideals (give 'em a break, he was new to politics) . He's now a Trump guy. He and I don't see eye to eye on anything else, so don't look at me! :shock: The dem party is a deep state party, was his conclusion.

It would have been interesting to me to see Gabbard square up against Trump. She doesn't seem like your run of the mill politician; so many in the middle, who could go either way at the polls, HATE the run of the mill politician (hence Trump's election, IMO).

I'm way more aligned with her stated foreign policy than I am with Trump's. Because I view libertarian sites, I saw her calling out Harris on her job as DA in CA visa viz putting minorities away for drug stuff, and it was a devastating blow, IMO. Then Biden chooses her?

I don't think the dems have a chance of losing if they find viable candidates. Not with their money, major news network support other than Fox, and all the people depending on the tax payers for their living obviously voting to support their paycheck. If Trump wins, I'd be furious if I was a democrat, with the Biden/Harris ticket.
Last edited by ventura on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
broman

Post by broman »

ventura wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:42 pm all the people depending on the tax payers for their living obviously voting to support their paycheck.
You should more respect for the white working class.
ventura

Post by ventura »

?????
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:42 pm For the life of me, I don't know how Biden got the nomination.
The same way the GOP nominated someone who has to pay women to have sex.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:It would have been interesting to me to see Gabbard square up against Trump
It's not hard to see why
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Tommy Tar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:09 pm If we see unrest in California after the election will we see Gabbard deployed?
Not likely at all. The Army Reserve and the National Guard are different organizations. It would probably take an act of Congress to call out the Army Reserve domestically.
Don't look at me, I just work here.